• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What was to be a fund raiser was now a rescue mission

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What was to be a fund raiser was now a rescue mission​

Was a small group at the Hall awaiting word on this fundraiser, when the King arrived I just knew there was more to this fundraiser already.

You see: King Blackthorn Ladies and Gentlemen of Sosaria. *royal wave* I see we are few in number this eve. *looks sideways at drinks all over the floor* Hm Understandable. The war against the minions has us all hard pressed. people must cope as they will

Tanager: hard pressed for hard cider?
King Blackthorn: it would appear so, good lady. You may be wondering why I am addressing you this night. Let me explain. We are here because I have a responsibility to my people. A little while ago, your governors requested my aid. Their handling of the finances was somewhat lacking in certain areas, and they needed assistance. Although I am thinking there may be other factors *looks at drinks again* I was more than willing to share my wisdom, and I told them so.
Kenzie Mori: I did not do that
King Blackthorn: The first governor to approach me directly was the blind bard of Minoc. You will be glad to know these royal ears survived the experience. However, while we were discussing the state of Minoc, a miner had unwittingly disturbed a nest of elementals. Worse, he had slain the young boulder of a female elemental! The youngling was shattered into pebbles, it seems. The mother lets out a deathly wail, which was heard deep below the ground.
Kenzie Mori: ohoh
Magichands: oh
King Blackthorn: As Governor Otto arrived, elementals sprung from the ground like weeds! He was somehow identified as a man of authority *shakes head in disbelief* and imprisoned in his office, a strange choice of a cell.

Now I will say we did our best to rescue this Governor, but alas there were too many and far few of us to amount to any good. Several withdrew, and Kimi last words to Otto was she was sending the tailor to measure them for the NEW city guard uniforms.

save the governor.jpg save the governor1.jpg save the governor2.jpg save the governor3.jpg save the governor4.jpg save the governor5.jpg save the governor6.jpg save the governor7.jpg save the governor7b.jpg save the governor8.jpg save the governor9.jpg save the governor10.jpg save the governor11.jpg

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Very nice, thank you for the transcript and the pics! The event was a lot of fun. I specially liked the wall of mud blocking Otto's escape, and the names of the angry elementals. The mud puddles popping up here an there were a nice touch imo, but I'ma sucker for details.

Thank you @Blind Otto for the entertaining RP while held captive! I died a few times replying lol, but it was worth it.

When this thing went off, my PC had an aneurysm that lasted long enough for me to snag a pic. It is the most massive explosion I have ever seen in UO, and what is shown here is less than half of it.

BOOM.jpg

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, since it's not a prodo shard, it makes sense the miner did not wipe all of the elementals for their loot himself (he probably had some stealth skills on).

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
More pics! Cuz, really... I am a sucker for details. The Bank of Minoc and its Warrior Guild were set ablaze in the battle, and continue to burn at the time of this posting. I suspect the city's firefighters are in the tavern. Over by the mines, one surviving elemental had a few words to say - possibly more - while nearby the gruesome remains of some very surprised miners lay scattered about. I think it might be some time before the City of Minoc recovers.

Blaze.jpg

Miners.jpg

Wounded.jpg

Muddy Puddles.jpg

Saved.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Love the EC snaps, wish I could have stayed for the entire rescue but far to few were there at that time and it was dinner time as well, and I was the cook, again I am glad we rescue Governor Otto, Minoc is such a rough town would have been hard pressed to get a miner replacement for that job, especially since most are still running to the hills after that huge BOOM

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to my heroic rescuers!
Thanks also to all those who donated to Minoc! At this rate, we might be able to afford some firemen before the town burns to the ground!
Huzzah! Hooray! Happy day!
And special thanks to EM Kincaid for tweaking my original idea into something that was a lot more fun than just bashing monsters.
I've not been a damsel in distress before. *twirls beard seductively*