• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Use for Bane Drags?

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I tamed 5 Bane dragons the other day. Anyone have an idea why I should waste 10 precious imbue ingredients to have a pet bond with me that is not "that" terribly powerful..well in comparison to a GD

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't answer your question as I haven't tried to tame one yet - RL has kept me from playing much lately. Are they a hard tame? Any tips?

Thanks!

D

Drazasamus

OK so I tamed 5 Bane dragons the other day. Anyone have an idea why I should waste 10 precious imbue ingredients to have a pet bond with me that is not "that" terribly powerful..well in comparison to a GD
its 20 per stew, but you can bond them with tasty treats. i would use em for pvm, along with another tamer using a GD as a tank, they can use a really nasty poison breath weapon that will make a fight easier

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All pets are situational. We don't know enough about the bane dragons yet to know what their strengths are. I know though from training mine and fighting against them that they poison a lot, and I do mean a lot. Their poison is also the highest level and a lot of mobs will have a hard time curing it, even with arch cure.

That and they look really cool in the enhanced client... :)

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pets are situational. We don't know enough about the bane dragons yet to know what their strengths are. I know though from training mine and fighting against them that they poison a lot, and I do mean a lot. Their poison is also the highest level and a lot of mobs will have a hard time curing it, even with arch cure.

That and they look really cool in the enhanced client... :)

Thanks for the fast and thurough info guys:)

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't answer your question as I haven't tried to tame one yet - RL has kept me from playing much lately. Are they a hard tame? Any tips?

Thanks!
Actually they are not that hard to tame...I find them easier to tame then cu's for example. Well I went there with my mare ...singled him out and beat him up with my mare..you have to take him down until he is almost dead before you can tame him...just like a beetle for instance..You just have to be careful about the slasher of the veil..try not to cross his path!:lol:

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a peace tamer with high skill (120/120) they are very easy to train providing you can get it away from the super hell hounds.

It took me about 5-8 minutes to tame a bane and in that time it broke peace only once.

Lots of tame fails though, even at 120/120 tame/lore it took many, many attempts but at least it wasn't trying to eat me :)

As far as it's usage, all things shall be revealed in time (I hope).

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats easy to answer. Pets damage type vrs Monster lowest resist type. & monster weak to poison, & that can`t cure poison. If you can keep them alive they do a good job keeping Greater Dragons poison. Think of it as a slightly weaker version of a Rune Beatle that is mountable. Keep in mind there poison ability require the recharge of a stew currently. & has less mana than a Rune Beatle.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Think of it as a slightly weaker version of a Rune Beatle that is mountable. Keep in mind there poison ability require the recharge of a stew currently. & has less mana than a Rune Beatle.
I don't know about "weaker". As always, it depends on the context. They have almost twice as many hit points, and a higher physical resist. Not only that, they will still dp with magery, even without their breath attack. And mana pool is overrated when it comes to a pet's offensive capabilities. A nightmare does just fine with a mana pool of 125, and so will bane dragons.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure they DP with magery? My Sampire resisted a good chunck of poison in PvM.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they do DP but it not with magery its

their breath attack like dread mares fire attack. It is DP and it hit often.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats easy to answer. Pets damage type vrs Monster lowest resist type. & monster weak to poison, & that can`t cure poison. If you can keep them alive they do a good job keeping Greater Dragons poison. Think of it as a slightly weaker version of a Rune Beatle that is mountable. Keep in mind there poison ability require the recharge of a stew currently. & has less mana than a Rune Beatle.
You need stew to recharge there poison attack? Hmm? well I bonded my bane yesterday with tasty treats and he still poisoning like hell..currently his skills are all GM except magery and resist both at 90ish atm and his loyalty level never dropped below wonderfully happy..please could you clarify your statement about the stew? Many thanks in advance:thumbup1:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will get a message that says something like: "your dragon is feeling peckish today and is not at full power". When you see that, you will probably notice that your drag doesn't use it's poison attack as much as it had been. When you feed it the stew, it "returns to full power" and I notice mine will do more poison attacks.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I can say is a charged 3.3 Bane takes out a discorded Swoop faster than a 4.1 beetle and almost as quick as a 4.8 nightmare.

My Bane has now made a nice comfty home for itself among my other pets :)