• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Triton Stats are you wanting to find?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wrestling can go to 130 ---- DCI and HCI (need those pet calculators @Khyro )

Resisting Spells 150 to 190 ----- so always overcapped. Best value still under debate and calculation.

Dex up to 220 ---- Makes em walk faster. (usable cap at 190).

Energy resist 85 to 90 ---- always overcapped.

Strength ----- 107 to 250 Needs to be made 700

Total Resistance ------ 260 resists min 305 max 365 cap. So you need to add at least 60 to get to cap.

Personally:

Dex : I have pets with 150 dex and they rubberband to me on straight unobstructed paths.
I have Najs with 190 dex and they get stuck in Luna, on trees, around dungeon corners.
I am fine with 150 dex because i also do not want my pet to walk to random targets fast while I am dealing with saving my own HP.
Does dex do anything else?

Energy resist: I have not had any problems with my pets that have 80.

Resisting Spells: I think 150 is great. Not enough info on what the difference between 150 and 190 would be on a Chiv pet.

Strength: 107 to 250 WOW that is a Huge range 429 Training points!!!!!!!

Total Resistance: 45 resist points between min and max. 135 training points maximum. up to 15 points may be in the energy resist.

You should have the strength at 700. You should have the resists capped.
The Dex and resisting spells are like a bonus since they can not be changed.
The wrestling is important for HCI and DCI. But we are killing stuff with 120 and below now.

So my preference:

STRENGTH ---- greater than 220 Anything less than 200 costs points in round two. The difference in 200 str and 250 strength is more than the point difference in resists. Any spare points from that 1500 is gravy points.

Wrestling ---- over 126 is sweet to me. I've given 2 away with 126 that had low str.

Resisting Spells ----- Not sure what level is optimum on a Chiv pet but it is free.

Resist spread ---- I would prefer the cold to be at Minimum. My pets do not fear cold spells.

Resists total ---- Only 45 total resists from Min to Max. 5 may be in Energy. There are 4 rolls here that have to go your way to get them all high. Only 1 roll for high Strength.

Dex ---- Gargs will like 190 or more. For static encounters that you teleport into, the pets movement speed is irrelevant.

Energy resist ---- I use 80 now. Would rather have those points in poison.

So, Put it together. I look for:

Over 126 Wrestling
Over 200. 250 str allows free Resist settings.

Resisting Spells if more is really better on a chiv pet.
Total resist points
Dex
Resist spread

What do you look for?

Note: Any Triton makes a great Pet! Some of us are picky.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you get one with 240 or higher str that rates over 80%. Put that one in the "Keep for later" part of the stable. Just in case we find an awesome build!

Last edited:

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would like to pop some more but considering the super slow market, which I didn't expect at all honestly, and my innate bad luck I think I will only train my 64% intensity in the classic Chiv/Ai. I do have 1 back up statue just in case a juicy build pops up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im looking here:
upload_2019-5-3_23-12-39.png

I found a Hit/Miss calculator is this it? Hit/Miss and Effective Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

I put my pet values in both sections. I use 120 wrestling on attacker and calculate. gives 50% hit chance. Then I just change attacker wrestling to 130 and calculate, gives 53% chance to hit.

I go to defender and put 120 wrestling and it gives 19% chance to Parry. I change the wrestling on defender to 130 and still 19%.

This is what it looks like:
upload_2019-5-3_23-37-10.png

I cant tell if I did it correctly. The parry is always 19% with 50 to 130 wrestling.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There are two different calculations done. Chance to Hit/Miss and then Chance to Parry.

Chance to Hit/Miss is calculated first. If the "Hit" is successful, it goes to the Parry check. If the hit is parried, no damage is done.

Wrestling only affects the first Hit/Miss calculation. Parry is determined by Parry and Bushido skill.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I'd like to have a >125 wrestling, 85 energy resist, 180-190 dex, Strength as close to max as possible. Not sure what the difference is between 150-180 resist; 150 is so much over cap already that I'm wondering if it makes any difference.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Im looking here:
View attachment 97466

I found a Hit/Miss calculator is this it? Hit/Miss and Effective Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

I put my pet values in both sections. I use 120 wrestling on attacker and calculate. gives 50% hit chance. Then I just change attacker wrestling to 130 and calculate, gives 53% chance to hit.

I go to defender and put 120 wrestling and it gives 19% chance to Parry. I change the wrestling on defender to 130 and still 19%.

This is what it looks like:
View attachment 97467

I cant tell if I did it correctly. The parry is always 19% with 50 to 130 wrestling.
So the difference to hit between a pet having 120 and 130 wrestling against a mob with 120 wrestling is only 3%? I suppose that could add up over time. Since calculations in UO tend to be linear, I'm guessing 125 wrestling would be a 1.5% difference. Sadly the first one I got only had 113 wrestling, but near max Strength and 219 dex.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are two different calculations done. Chance to Hit/Miss and then Chance to Parry.

Chance to Hit/Miss is calculated first. If the "Hit" is successful, it goes to the Parry check. If the hit is parried, no damage is done.

Wrestling only affects the first Hit/Miss calculation. Parry is determined by Parry and Bushido skill.
Ok . I think I got it.

So the difference to hit between a pet having 120 and 130 wrestling against a mob with 120 wrestling is only 3%? I suppose that could add up over time. Since calculations in UO tend to be linear, I'm guessing 125 wrestling would be a 1.5% difference. Sadly the first one I got only had 113 wrestling, but near max Strength and 219 dex
It was 3% on the values I used. If the target wrestling is lower then it is more than 3%. It can be a 5% increase if the targets wrestling is 80 vs 130. My guess is there is division involved in the calculation.

You need to do the calculator as the attacker and defender. I'll go Lore Navrey and edit the results in here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HCI DCI

on Navrey: She has 100 melee skills
With my 128 Wrestling I hit 61%
With 129 or 130 I hit 62%
With 120 I hit 58%

for her hitting my pet:

With my 128 she hits me 40%
if 129 or 130 still 40%
if 120 42%

I hope I used it correctly.

@Khyro You cant put decimals in the wrestling :)

And we need a calculator for the Resisting Spells so we have something to do while skilling since we are not supposed to fight anymore. :sword:

:beer:

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So the difference to hit between a pet having 120 and 130 wrestling against a mob with 120 wrestling is only 3%? I suppose that could add up over time. Since calculations in UO tend to be linear, I'm guessing 125 wrestling would be a 1.5% difference. Sadly the first one I got only had 113 wrestling, but near max Strength and 219 dex.
It's actually ~3.5%, the calculator was rounding down to the nearest whole number, but I changed it to display 2 decimal points now.

It may not seem like much, but over time it will add up. Take a sample size of 100 hits and assume your pet hits for 100 damage each hit.

Over the course of 125 seconds (assuming 1.25 swing speed x 100 hits):

100% Hit Chance = 10,000 damage done
50% Hit Chance = 5,000 damage done
53.5% Hit Chance = 5,350 damage done

So the longer the fight, the more effective damage you should see. The inverse is also true if your pet is tanking, it will end up taking less damage over the length of a fight due to the higher chance for the mob to miss it.

Also, the more damage your pet does in a single swing the more you will see a boost from the higher Wrestling. It will pair very well with Chiv/AI builds.

HCI DCI

on Navrey: She has 100 melee skills
With my 128 Wrestling I hit 61%
With 129 or 130 I hit 62%
With 120 I hit 58%

for her hitting my pet:

With my 128 she hits me 40%
if 129 or 130 still 40%
if 120 42%

I hope I used it correctly.

@Khyro You cant put decimals in the wrestling :)

And we need a calculator for the Resisting Spells so we have something to do while skilling since we are not supposed to fight anymore. :sword:

:beer:
I adjusted the skill entry fields to support decimals, and also the results no longer round down and will display decimals.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Kicking myself for not getting high seas earlier to save up doubloons. Plus it's a lot of fun hunting pirates. Trying to catch up now is a pain, main thing I want is one with high wrestling. Hoping luck will be on my side when I get the next one.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Will the Tritons be available only for a determined amount of time or we can expect them to be there for quite long?? Asked it also on Uohall but had no answer...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
190+ DEX, close to 90 Energy Resist, 120+ Wrest, and 170+ Resist is what i look for in Tritons. It's the overcapped stuff that i'm after, i'm not too concerned about the STR, since i can raise that to 700 anyways.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'm not too concerned about the STR, since i can raise that to 700 anyways.
I want the Wrestling 126 +, Resist 170+ but I want the str at >220 so I can make a really beefy 825HP 1500 Mana AI/Chiv. Or close as I can get.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For me, I'd like greater then 200 STR, 125+ wrestling and 190 DEX. The rest, I'm not picky enough to say no, if it meets those 3 things

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I want 2 more high intensity ones with >125 wrestling, ~190 dex, >160 resist.
1. CB/Discord, for my necromage tamer
2. Goo/FWW/Bushido/WW, for my discord/spellweaver tamer for spawns. (need high intensity for this one especially)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Waiter! I'll have 2 more like that please!

I want to make a CB/Discord one for my necromage tamer and a goo/fww/bush/ww one for my discord tamer.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Waiter! I'll have 2 more like that please!

I want to make a CB/Discord one for my necromage tamer and a goo/fww/bush/ww one for my discord tamer.
That would theoretically be a lawn-mower pet. Many abilities/specials. Wonder how they would be used by the pet, especially the bushido that has other things included in to it. Be interesting to see how the present state pet artificial intelligence puts these to work in a multi-target spawn situation.
Sadly there is no special to really vamp mana from targets.