• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] What to Unravel, What to Save?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

Are there general examples of what loot an Imbuer loves to save instead of unravel???

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I save things that go well together and that are maxed example

max hci/dci

faster cast/fcr
30 ssi
etc

so if i find a bow with 30 ssi and say 15hci and thats it i will keep it!

if same bow also had 5 resist fire on it i would unravel it

basically anything with good combination of mods at or near max and not subject to worthless mods on it

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also keep items that have properties that require Relic Fragments to imbue otherwise.

Any property of 90%-100% will also require special ingredients to imbue, so keep items that require ingredients that you find difficult to obtain. You can find that list here: Imbuing Ingredients Table

Stayin Alive,

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jewelry has the advantage of always being 500 (weighted) points.

Any jewelry piece that has properties that work good alone or in combination, with skills that match or can be made to match.

For example, a 20% LRC/FCR 2/+x Mace Fighting Ring
1. can have the Mace Fighting replaced with Magery, or Music for a Bard
2. FCR might be fine as-is, or raised to FCR 3
3. FC 1 can be added (or you can add something else, and use it/sell it to a character with an Orny).
4. Depending on how much of the skill you put on in place of the Mace, you can add another good skill or property as well (LMC, DCI, Eval Int, another Bard skill, etc.)

etc.

J

[JD]

This question seems to be frequently asked, it'd be kinda cool to get a sticky or get it added to one of the how-to documents

I've answered this one fairly completely on previous occasions, check my search history for this subject

A quick answer would be

Save rings with max intensity or useful mods (FC1, DCI 10-15, HCI 10-15, FCR 2-3, etc) and unravel any with "doesn't make sense" mods. The lower intensity mod ones can be great for "training" gear for a new character when you don't want to spend money.

Save weapons with good mods like balanced, high SSI, split resists, unravel any with "********" mods like resists on the weapons or other things which "spoil" an otherwise good weapon.

Generally unravel armor as it has neither the mods nor the intensities you'd want. But if you find something good, of course keep it

Save ANYTHING with 401+ intensity and have a gargoyle imbuer unravel at the queens forge, to get a relic. Having the EC and the Copper_Enhanced mod as well as the mod that lets you see item intensity is key to getting this to work great.