• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to train a new Bake Kitsune?

G

I just got back into UO after a 5 year absence and took up taming. Wow, fun times! Well anyway between some nice jewelry and lots of elbow grease ive managed to get to 102 taming and i thought I would start off with a Bake. Neat little pet and spunky. Where would be a good spot to start his training? If you have any ideas try and be specific, I still dont know my way around too well

Hehe, thanks all!

G

What's the Wrestling / Tactics at currently? (I haven't tamed one since they were orange horses)

G

Will be training 2 at a time (Ike and Tina
)

They are both ruffly this:

Hits 314
Stam 130
Mana 406

Str 208
Dex 130
Int 406

Wrestling 45
Tactics 75
Resist 85
Anatomy 9

Magery 75
Eval Int 75
Meditation 85

(No youre not cracking up, i originally said Ki-rin but meant 2 Bakes

G

I found that if you just move a little south of the kitsune woods you can start them nicely on gaman. Kill them until your wrestling/tactics/anatomy is 80'ish, then you can go beat up on shadow ele's to finish all but the magery/eval training. Fast and easy.

J

joblackjon

What are your Kit's resists?
Because a good Kit is hard to find and you don't want to spend training time on a weak one.

G

I agree took me a long time to get my pair, and the resists still could be a bit better. Trained mine on Gaman til 80ish in combat skills then took em to destard and let em run, now of course with the supers thats a much more dangerous endeavor. You can do the shadow elem, and its good if you still need to work Vet, if you want money/loot with the training you can take em to their homeland and eat other Bake, or Tsuki wolves, or the Oni all of whom give good gold, but the usually very low end tokuno magic items. Sphynx is good training too, but you'll need to be quick with the heals, he's 3 hit my Bake on occasion that does around half their hps in a burst.

Rey~

G

Look up his tactics and wrestling, then look at this guide and try to stick with casters that are in the appropriate range for your pet. Everything's explained at the top of the page

It's a bit out of date with the newer monsters, but it worked just fine on the kits I tamed.

Wenchy

G

i think I'm losing it. wasn't this about Kirins? lol (goes off to sleep)

edit:

"(No youre not cracking up, i originally said Ki-rin but meant 2 Bakes . "

(oh ok. phew, lolol)

my fav low end trainers are:

-The 2 Spawn Mummies in Deceit (1st lvl)
-Regular Trogdyltes over at Painted Caves (best for early Cu Training)
-First level Champ Spawns
(if you can get a Vermin in Ilsh; once your wrestling is closer to like 65/70, the Tokuno Champ Spawn is great for gains)

once you hit around 80 wrestling, you can train on more interesting things =) (I love Rotting Corpses, and some just use Shadow Eles from 80 on)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For starting off bakes I recommend the Brit graveyard. It won't take long for them to get to to 50/50 wrestling/tactics and once you've gotten there, just switch to a discorded shadow elemental. If you don't have access to discord you can still train on a shadow elemental if you can find one with 70 or lower tactics. They do spawn that low.

A

Antion_Vallin

I'm guilded and sparred mine against my Nightmare. Kitsunes are considerably stronger than Nightmare when trained. This is also how I got to 120 Veterinary.

G

Thanks for all the tips guys. I took a test run in the wisp dungeon first level to work on vet and just see how they did (im a brand new tamer and these are my first 2 pets). With vet they had no issues on the paragon wisps and got some decent MR gains. Ill ck the guide for tactics and wresting, its really low and didnt move much on wisps.

G

I was training both at once but decided one at a time was more efficient. I spent an hour or so in the wisp dungeon (paragon wisps are a fun fight, got a shiny new blue shield too
). I then thought id try them on demons in Wind, fame is always nice
. I had an invis fizzle and died and came back and all the demons were dead and pet was 2/3 full. Im really impressed with this little creature.

After an hour in the wisp dungoen and an hour or so on demons Ike is 80s wrestling, 100 med, and upper 80s low 90s in everything else. So far so good

G

Good to hear, currently Bake are my favorite to hunt with, my pair are vicious used to clean out the first level of destard til the greaters moved in. My greater is obviously a better tank, but the Bake dish out more damage, and I can ride my charger with em too!

Rey~

J

joblackjon

Personally I would not waste time on training either of those Kits.
48/48/44 and 41/49 are just not worth it.
Last time I tamed Kits it took me over 20 hours to find 2 keepers (all resists must be no more than 6 less than the max).
Keep Taming!