• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to provoke to gain provocation skill?

M

mookin1

What do you provoke to gain provoking at 85 skill? Also what kind of success chance should i be looking for in order to get optimal gains? Must I successfully provoke in order to gain? Thanks in advance.

5% Luck

Giant betels are good at your skill lvl. Then you can opt to go for lesser hyruis. Finlay cu sides. But past 105 skill gain come mostly from rotten corpses vs rotten corpses. 40% is optimal gains but actualy playing with those numbers make it hard to keep yourself alive so, I gave ya the easyest way. If ya would like places to go with a dread rating PM me and Ill give you some of the best provoking in the game.

Good Luck

M

mookin1

According to the calculator I have a 30% chance to provoke lesser hiryus to attack each other, could I just go straight for those?

Also with provoking can you still get skillgains on failed attempts?

J

joblackjon

Yes you can gain on failures. I find, however, that my very best skill gains occur when I have 45-55% chance of success and a lot of targets (I don't want to spend all my time searching rather than training!)

Use a range of instruments: regular, exceptional and slayer to stay within that range on the same creature. You should probably be provoking Ogre Lords with regular instrument or Kits with an exceptional.

I usually train with a homemade chart that I use to record the creature, # of attempts and skill. Helps me to see how many attempts I make to gain 0.1.