• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] What to make with Val Hammer?

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok folks

I do realize that this question has been asked many times before!:)
But considering the changes after SA etc and the fact I never had a val hammer before, I would like to know what you guys would make with a Val Hammer. Lets say you have a sammy warrior with swords for example. What would you make?

G

Gurb

Tough question :pint:.

I'm still waiting for my first Valorite Hammer. I've been saving my personal bless deed for my crafter for a LONG time for that hammer. I have no intentions of burning the charges on it. But, *if* I come into a 2nd hammer, my sampire could really use a better Ornate Axe. Yea my imbued one is good... but its only 470/500 *falling way short of what a val hammer can produce.*

Its a tough call, really it is. The Valorite Hammer is the top piece to obtain in the crafting world. One has to ask himself is it worth rolling the dice.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tough question :pint:.

I'm still waiting for my first Valorite Hammer. I've been saving my personal bless deed for my crafter for a LONG time for that hammer. I have no intentions of burning the charges on it. But, *if* I come into a 2nd hammer, my sampire could really use a better Ornate Axe. Yea my imbued one is good... but its only 470/500 *falling way short of what a val hammer can produce.*

Its a tough call, really it is. The Valorite Hammer is the top piece to obtain in the crafting world. One has to ask himself is it worth rolling the dice.
BTW what can a Val Hammer theoreretically produce? I mean in senses of weight compared to 120 imbuing?
You have a point there about the dices :eyes: But I am gonna take a shot at it. Just dont want to burn it up on useless stuff. I Know you shouldnt make armor pieces with it. Leave that to the spined rune tailor kits

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd make Leafblade of Ease or Twinkling Scimitar. With Leafblade of Ease you could get a real nice PvM, PvP, or SP/no penalty Mage Weapon with DCI. With Twinkling Scimitar you could get a real nice PvM or SP/no penalty Mage Weapon with DCI.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd make Leafblade of Ease or Twinkling Scimitar. With Leafblade of Ease you could get a real nice PvM, PvP, or SP/no penalty Mage Weapon with DCI. With Twinkling Scimitar you could get a real nice PvM or SP/no penalty Mage Weapon with DCI.
Ahh nice one and what materials would you use i.e Val,verite etc?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW what can a Val Hammer theoreretically produce? I mean in senses of weight compared to 120 imbuing?
The beauty of runics is that they are not constrained to the wieghted intensities of properties, as Imbuing is. They can also exceed the Imbuing constraint of 5 properties. If DI is not rolled as a runic property, then the weapon will by default have 6 properties including the DI.

In theory it can produce a weapon with:
HLD 50%
HLA 50%
Hit Lightning 50%
SSI 30%
FC 1
40% DI
(not including ML recipie weapons, and made with GM Armslore, and whatever material you want)

Since Imbued items weight the intensities, here would be the total points required to imbue that weapon:
130 = HLD 50%
110 = HLA 50%
140 = Hit Lightning 50%
110 = SSI 30%
140 = FC 1
80 = 40% DI
710 total points (far exceeding the 500 point Imbuing cap on exceptional weapons), quite impossible with Imbuing.

Imbuing does allow you to pick and choose what you want on the item.

The chances of you making that item are not good though, and calling the chance to make that "slim" might even be too optomistic. But theory lets you dream big....

Stayin Alive,

BG

Kafka72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh nice one and what materials would you use i.e Val,verite etc?
I always initially craft with Iron ingots, then enhance afterwards to what would make sense for that particular weapon. I guess there's a very slight chance the weapon breaks that way, but I've very rarely had that happen. I've got 120 Blacksmithy skill, and when crafting I usually equip a +60 ASH but sometimes a +30 ASH, and I wear a 27/26 blacksmithy bonus/exc bonus talisman. When enhancing I always equip a +60 ASH. Certain enhancements have a greater chance of breaking the weapon, like enhancing with Gold for more luck or enhancing something with a lot of durability with a metal that adds more durability. Both of these circumstances there's a higher chance of the weapon breaking because your pushing the max intensity of said modifications. Simply changing the damage distribution is more successful because you're not trying to add anything to the weapon, you're just spreading the damage out however you want it. I've had the worst luck trying to add more luck to something that's already got quite a lot of luck. Only time you should worry about adding more durability is if you PoF the weapon first (don't ever do that) or if you're enhancing a slayer weapon since they always come out with twice as much durability. It's a judgement call really. I've got a pretty uber Leafblade of Ease with 95 luck on it. I passed up enhancing with Gold and used Dull Copper instead because it wasn't worth the risk. Most of the time I enhance with Dull Copper afterwards for the 100% durability increase and 50% Lower Requirements. That way the weapon becomes dyable, you save on PoF since you doubled the durability, and for weapons that require a lot of Str you avoid the chance of some mob cursing you below the Str. requirement which causes one to disarm the weapon until the curse wears off. Hope this helps and good luck with your burn! :)

K

killer instinct

With a val hammer I have had much better luck making armor as compared to weps.I make samarai plate items and have some of the best armor around.Found getting a great wep from 15 attempts nearly impossible.Armor on the other hand will produce some usable items.Just my opinion.Good luck and congrats on your first val hammer.