• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] What to make with a Gold Hammer?

• Thread starter Elbryan Uthador
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fink

Personally I'm not using any of my hammers/kits until Stygian Abyss comes out and we get to see the Imbuing skill in action.

I'd go with whatever's selling or in demand on your shard, if that can be determined. The random nature of runics makes them difficult to make things for yourself and get precisely what you need. I'd look at selling first, or keeping something special if you get it.

Good luck with it.

5% Luck

Here's my mantra: Hammers for weapons; Kits for Armor.
IDK about this anymore. Ive been seeing some REALY NICE hirod sodes. Ithink they are 100% mage armor to start and theyve been slamming them out in verite for a good resist distribution. And this is coming for some one who burned LOts of B-Kits

T

Trinsie

IDK about this anymore. Ive been seeing some REALY NICE hirod sodes. Ithink they are 100% mage armor to start and theyve been slamming them out in verite for a good resist distribution. And this is coming for some one who burned LOts of B-Kits
I completely agree. I have seen a lot of Hiro Sode (which in exceptional form is always mage armor) With 85-90ish resists and awesome additionals like LRC, LMC, MR ect... ect...

There are much better ones but here is a quick example.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only downside to making exceptional Samurai Plate for the Mage Armor freebee is that most of the pieces need a talisman AND a +30 ASH to make exceptional 100% of the time.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. It might take a few more kits to end up with a 80-resist item, but Barbed Kits are still at least 50 times less rare than a Val Hammer (outside of the dupes), and you can't make weapons with a Barbed Kit. Actually even Verite Hammers are way more rare than Barbed Kits and only Verite and Val Hammers can give you 5 properties.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely agree. I have seen a lot of Hiro Sode (which in exceptional form is always mage armor) With 85-90ish resists and awesome additionals like LRC, LMC, MR ect... ect...
I have really nice Barbed-kit made stuff too...

But I have no weapons made from Barbed Kits, because you can't make weapons with Barbed Kits.

On the other hand, I've made dozens of great weapons with Gold and higher hammers, including these PvM Radiant Scimitars.

Despite only using 3 Val hammers (45 total swings) in my entire UO life, I made this one:

From a Verite Hammer before all properties could go to 100% (also before Arms Lore effected DI):

From an Agapite Hammer before all properties could go to 100%:

I can only imagine what those last two weapons would like like if I made them today.

B

Boogieman

I made a samurai plate item the other day with a bronze hammer. Gave me MR 2, 14% LRC and 94 luck. Not exactly a rune beetle carapace - but good enough for a guy who can't afford arties.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

well you should make warforks or magekiller leafblades be incredible lucky,

AND sell to me !!

Regards
The Scandinavian