• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to make of my pets (Dread, Bane)?

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi!

So I recently resubbed to UO after I heard about EJ. Read forums to get a general understanding of what's happening. The new training system isn't 100% clear yet and I'd like some advice.

I have the following pets:
Bane #1

Bane #1.png
Bane #2

Bane #2.jpg
Bane #3

Bane #3.jpg
Dread

Dread.png
Mare, 2slot pp
Mare.jpg

Any pointers on how I should start training them?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Alezi, I would make many many copies to test and get a firm understanding of the new system before touching them on live as each of those pets is a living rare and any mistakes made on live with the new pet system can not be undone.. If you like I can meet you on test and help you get a feel for the new taming system.. and answer any questions you might have.. On live I would just tam some new pets to play around with and get a feel for what works best for you in the content you enjoy... That being said 2 of your banes are wonderful starter banes... In this new system there are so many builds and combos, everything from special moves to resistances settings , its best to see what suits you .. This is why I stress once more make many many many many many copies to test before you actively spec any truly rare pet.. My day is open thus far so if would you like I will meet you on test and we can talk shop.. Just let me know =^-^=
P.s. I don't know if they decided to remove the crazy thing where EJ accounts can't go to test.. but if they didn't and you cant copy to test let me know..and I will come to your home shard and we will tam some test pet for you to bond and work with and step by step.. I will help you get a better understanding of the process.. There are many fine testers here and they are all very helpful.. So feel free to post any questions and Im sure you get some time tested answers... =^-~=

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There should be threads on how to train a least a couple of these if you look deeper into the forum posts. I've personally been too afraid to mess with mine.

Donavon's right in that you should play around on test center with new tames (and if you can character copy, copy the character to test to experiment with the pets) to try out the stuff before doing anything irreversible.

For some reason, your post title made me think of this....

Steve McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make out of this?
Johnny: This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be threads on how to train a least a couple of these if you look deeper into the forum posts. I've personally been too afraid to mess with mine
Nope. I dont have a bane or a dreadmare and I don't like any horses. I would like a Dreadmare tho.

Bane would use the Cu template. Nightmare would be similar to the Lesser Hiryu template.

If someone gives me a PP Nightmare on TC I'll do one for that.