• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What to make from Zero

G

You can't buy skills on Siege so I am wondering what to make from zero to the first tier of tailoring.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd probably make skullcaps to 30. They only take 2 cloth. Actually they only cost you one cloth if you cut them up with scissors after making them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
can you cut up hats? I didn't think most hats could be cut.

If you want to get recipes while you train crafting, consider (this should work on all shards):

Flower Garland quest: Can start at 10.0 skill. will give gains (if you haven't used a power scroll) until 35.0 (+2.5 for every 5 points over 100 for power scroll used - up to 45.0 if 120 power scroll used)

Kilt quest: Can start making at 20.7. can gain up to 45.7 without using power scroll.

Fancy Shirt quest: Can start making at 24.8. Can gain up to 49.8 without using power scroll.

Studded Bustier quest: this one is more of an endgame training quest. Can start gaining on it at 82.9. Can gain all the way to GM on it without using powerscroll, 105 if a 105 PS used, 110 if a 110 PS used, 115 if a 115 PS used, 117.9 if scrolled to 120. Granted, the gains over 110 will be pretty slow, but if you're still trying to get the three rare recipes (not as big a demand for them on SP, probably, but you never know), it might be worth the effort.

I'm going to write up the smith equivalent for these training methods for the Smith and new player/Q&A forum as well (and maybe the tinker & Bowyer ones for the latter as well).