What to hunt and with what

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 26, 2009
UK
Hi all, I have wanted a tamer forever! so after many months of hunting i Bought an advanced char token and somme jewels and I am now training my skill sup. I am up to 90 real (115 with jewels taming and 92 lore 109 with jewels) I have tamed a nightmare and a Cu Sidhu and I am about to try to tame me a nice rune beetle or bake kitusne to pair up with my mare. With a rune beetle/mare combo what sort of critters would I be able to hunt, I want to use this guy to farm gold and perhaps imbuing stuff. will a rune/mare combo do the trick as I dont have the experience to tame a gdrag yet.

Thank you
Sanguinius

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
A bug/mare or bug/bake are my favorite combo in game. They will out damage a gdrag and can, with vetting/greater heals, take down most mobs. Couple them with a discord tamer, and you have a formidable team....swoops will drop in a matter of 15 seconds or so. Lots of fun.:) Good luck, and it's nice to see someone interested in hauling around something other than those sh***y gdrags!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Trinsic, LS
You will want to train your pets skills before trying to tackle the big monsters, else the experience will be less than favorable. Train your pets on monsters that are close to the same skill values as your pet's skills for optimal gains. The beetle/mare combination is a great team. Make sure you take the beetle out of the stable first, so it becomes the likely target to get hit.

Stayin Alive,

BG

J

[JD]

Due to the existence of certain templates and pets, a lot of bosses are insanely tough. The pets you chose are for DPS not tanking. See if you can get something else/someone to tank while you own it with your pets.

A

A Rev

If its simply farming gold, then youll be right on the money with Swoops.

They will require vetting but you should manage it ok.

If that proves ok, you can drop down into bedlam for a bit see how that goes. As well as substantial Gold and decent loot you may also get keys for Grizzle and can take a group to really test your vet skills :)