• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what the pet in pvp better ?

P

Pain_

nightmare, cusidhe, hiryu or reptalon ? (dread warhorse dont spawn anymore ;(( )

O

Old Man of UO

I'll throw a couple more in there for you to consider, but I can't answer for you:
5 frenzied ostards
bake/nightmare combo
dragon

P

Pain_

im archer tamer...wanna dismount and all kill + armor ignores :)

A

Abies Aduro

farsight u should change your name to nearsight
u pvpers r nuthing but a bunch of cry babies
u all say how u need to be able to adapt to to pvp but u guys r always the first to call for a nerf
especially if it rivals ur god mage template

U

uoBuoY

PvP = Pet versus Player

Consider a Rune Beetle and a Bake Kitsuni. Use Rune as tank. This combo delivers a hell of a lot of damage and tanks well.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
nightmare, cusidhe, hiryu or reptalon ? (dread warhorse dont spawn anymore ;(( )
This depends on where you're planning to use your pet.

For pet-ganks, I don't think anything works better than a bake/beetle combo - mage attacks aside, the beetle also poisons, bleeds, and damages armor. If not a bake/beetle combo, a pack of 5 frenzies can also get the job done (a pack of frenzies can eat a tamed greater alive).

That said, I'd never bring a bake/beetle to the yew gate. A ninja can easily lead your pets away, leaving you alone and on foot. For yew gate situations, you want a pet that you can mount if anyone tries to lead it away. If you aren't able to get your hands on a dread, my second vote would be a cu.

Keep in mind, mounted players can easily outrun pets. Don't think you're going to sic a cu on someone and watch them die. You'll need to dismount them, paralyze them, etc. to give your pet time to reach them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
farsight u should change your name to nearsight
u pvpers r nuthing but a bunch of cry babies
u all say how u need to be able to adapt to to pvp but u guys r always the first to call for a nerf
especially if it rivals ur god mage template
Ooh, good one. I'll have to write that down so I don't forget. I'll be sure to include the spelling errors and grammatical faults so I won't forget who coined the insult.

Now honest answer:

If you want to kill players with your pets (all philosphy aside), you want either a hiryu, a dread war horse or a cu sidhe. The DWH is the current favorite.

If you want to defend a position (such as for champ spawns), then a greater dragon is still a nice pet to have, even if you won't kill so many people these days.

I can't say as I've ever been attacked by a pack of anything or a rune beetle in the field, so I can't say if they're any good, and as I've hinted before, my own pets are purely for PvM (unless raided, then I'm always on my cu). My advice is based purely on what I see other people using, and is entirely based on Champion spawns and not factions or gate fighting.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh, good one. I'll have to write that down so I don't forget. I'll be sure to include the spelling errors and grammatical faults so I won't forget who coined the insult.

Now honest answer:

If you want to kill players with your pets (all philosphy aside), you want either a hiryu, a dread war horse or a cu sidhe. The DWH is the current favorite.

If you want to defend a position (such as for champ spawns), then a greater dragon is still a nice pet to have, even if you won't kill so many people these days.

I can't say as I've ever been attacked by a pack of anything or a rune beetle in the field, so I can't say if they're any good, and as I've hinted before, my own pets are purely for PvM (unless raided, then I'm always on my cu). My advice is based purely on what I see other people using, and is entirely based on Champion spawns and not factions or gate fighting.
Yeah those beetles can be pretty nasty with their poison but as another poster said, you need to be very careful because they can be led away. I would definitely stick to something I could hop on in a hurry. And I didn't see you as crying about anything. Looked to me like you were merely making a statement. Hrmmmm