• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what the hell!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cmon Dev, what the hell happen to my loot? Give me an answer!!!!

So:

- killed almost 70 Berserker's with my "mystic fast crossbow". I make
almost all, ALL the damage and never get 1 Scythe!!! Almost solo around
20, when Berserker's was almost done someone come with 2..3..4 hits and he get Scythe...ALWAYS...CMON!!!

- Used 2, not 1 but 2, blackrock on a shadowlord, i was attacked by another
monster so i use the teleport to go to the safe moonglow side, i quickly come back, the shadowlord was killed and: NO Cloak and NO looting rights on shadwolord corpse??? WHAT?

What the hell is this [censured] code? I want my looting right! [censored]!

D

dorkuberalles

you leave the darkglow, you forfeit your loot chances, so it's better to just have someone ressurrect you there, or wait it out as a ghost. especially if you used blackrock, and was the first or second to cast it on the shadowlord.

as for the scythes, that's one bad luck streak...the only time i've got a scythe at this event was from a blackrock infected berserker

I

imported_Cysphruo

your obviously at the event for the wrong reasons, stop crying and have fun
seems to me your being greedy

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

you leave the darkglow, you forfeit your loot chances, so it's better to just have someone ressurrect you there, or wait it out as a ghost. especially if you used blackrock, and was the first or second to cast it on the shadowlord.

as for the scythes, that's one bad luck streak...the only time i've got a scythe at this event was from a blackrock infected berserker

[/ QUOTE ]

hoo well thx, but this suck!!!

<blockquote><hr>

your obviously at the event for the wrong reasons, stop crying and have fun

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm having fun and i'm not crying!
I'm mad because this [censored] code dont work correctly!

dont think its "bad luck"..cmon, more then 70 and no Scythe?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
i look greedy? ho well...lol..ok i'm greedy!
There is no way to talk about bugs here thx anyway and have fun!

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you ran through the gate to avoid a monster so you could get more damage on the shadowlord, in other word, you left so the monster would attack someone else who was also attacking the shadowlords... good job ahole.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
would think saty fight get item runtrough gate leave oters maybe not, thin who is set up me i go stealther lol!!!!!!!!!!

G

Im telling you, those odds are impossible (1 scythe out of 70 berserkers) IF you killed it all on your own. Ive never gotten a scythe with multiple attackers, sometimes get one after the corpse is free for all.

Also like others said - dont leave darkglow if its nearly dead.

TBH you only need 1 rock hit. If its full health, you do 25k damage. If its half, 12.5k - both are fine for looting rights. If you get it about 1/4 life, you do 6kish - youll need to maybe fight it a bit to ensure you get in the top 3 attackers.

G

hehehe I can go in with my baby necro and painspike them and get sythes allll day long, yes I have got tons and tons of them I don't even use them but I have tons

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you ran through the gate to avoid a monster so you could get more damage on the shadowlord, in other word, you left so the monster would attack someone else who was also attacking the shadowlords... good job ahole.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you would suggest he stand there and take one for the team but leaving is the best bet because:

1. Running around only causes more monsters to follow you and makes matters worse.

2. Most monsters will wander far west when you go through the gate.

To the OP: The looting system is a lil strange. I have noticed sometimes i am in a fight and someone will jump in at the end and get the item (this happened alot with the pixie dudes). Eventually i started jumping in at the end to get the item. As far as the scythes go, i get looting rights on the bezerkers 90% of the time and of the 4 scythes i have gotten, only one came in my loot. The rest came after the corpse combined along with most of my armor set pieces. It's really a crappy deal but persistance pays off.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I died trying to blow up shadow lord with black rock went through gate to get rezed and guess what in my pack was cloak so hmmm I know what I think

C

Connor_Graham

20, when Berserker's was almost done someone come with 2..3..4 hits and he get Scythe...ALWAYS...CMON!!!

This is nothing but RL bad luck. I've killed at least that many Berserkers, and have about 60 Scythes.

monster so i use the teleport to go to the safe moonglow side, i quickly come back, the shadowlord was killed and: NO Cloak and NO looting rights on shadwolord corpse??? WHAT?

Draconi made a point to let us know if you leave Dark Moonglow, you don't get the cloak. If you want the cloak, bite the bullet and die, then either wait for the SL to be killed or get rezzed there inside the rift, and you will get your cloak.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This is nothing but RL bad luck. I've killed at least that many Berserkers, and have about 60 Scythes.

Draconi made a point to let us know if you leave Dark Moonglow, you don't get the cloak. If you want the cloak, bite the bullet and die, then either wait for the SL to be killed or get rezzed there inside the rift, and you will get your cloak.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx connor, now its clear,
its always a pleasure to talk with you!

Anyway i dont think this is "Bad Luck", if i do almost ALL the damage, i'd have a lot of chance to get it, at last 1 or 2 in 70 killed! So its the code!
Anyway, i'll try to do hit the Berserker's when he is almost done and see
what happen =)

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

good job? humm you smoke too much!

I

imported_ParadoxUO

You will see things differently after puberty... trust me.

Safe gaming!

G

Probably the same reason you have to come here with all this attitude.

Here's a thought...
Don't you have to loot the scythes off the corpse?
You were checking the corpses... right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

thx connor, now its clear,
its always a pleasure to talk with you!

Anyway i dont think this is "Bad Luck", if i do almost ALL the damage, i'd have a lot of chance to get it, at last 1 or 2 in 70 killed! So its the code!
Anyway, i'll try to do hit the Berserker's when he is almost done and see
what happen =)

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

good job? humm you smoke too much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to start trouble. But I have blown up blackrock and gotten 12k or more damage. Ive died. Went to rez in good moonglow. Came back to dark and just waited and got cloak.

Ive also zipped home to get more blackrock after damaging shadowlord and have gotten cloak. I just have to be back in dark glow before its killed.

For me its being in dark glow when the kill occurs.

I

imported_lord richard

I disagree, he's at the event for the same reason 99% of us are....to get more turn-in loot, and if what he's saying is true, I'd be pissed too. I have lost more black rock there for ?whatever? reason.

I have gotten a few scythes with my archer, but not with any other character, and I think my swords pally did easily as much damage as my archer ..both using mystic weps and the same cw, eoo. So go figure..

I'm with you on this brother, just too bad they moved this post, because trust me, there are more than a couple people not getting all the good loot.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="#DC143C">I had the same thought as Kiminality - you have to loot the berserker corpses for the scythe - it doesn't pop into your pack automatically like the cloaks do. usually it's tough to see the scythe since there's so much stuff on a berserker corpse. i've found 2 scythes on corpses of berserkers i didn't even help kill... was checking them for cool armor/ jewels and found the scythes buried under other stuff. </font>

I

imported_Desolation87

<blockquote><hr>

Cmon Dev, what the hell happen to my loot? Give me an answer!!!!

So:

What the hell is this [censured] code? I want my looting right! [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

GUTTED!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Probably the same reason you have to come here with all this attitude.

Here's a thought...
Don't you have to loot the scythes off the corpse?
You were checking the corpses... right?

[/ QUOTE ]

another one lol
what is the "dumb day" today?

Whitch attitude are you talking about?
i didnt insult anybody and i'm just pissed because i spent a lot
of "my time" playing to get nothing because this [censored] of code
dont work correctly, are you able to understand or what?
omg...

G

<blockquote><hr>

another one lol

omg...

[/ QUOTE ]How about...
"Dunno why you have to be so dumb!
I think you need urgently a girl, or a man? humm
"
and
"another one lol
"
For the insults?

Seriously...
Here's the thing...

You.
Are.
Doing.
It.
Wrong.

The code is not "broken", just because you didn't get your loots.
You haven't yet confirmed that you were looking for the scythes in the Berseker Daemons' corpses
You know... If you weren't, then you're calling the wrong people "dumb" in this thread

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

another one lol

omg...

[/ QUOTE ]How about...
"Dunno why you have to be so dumb!
I think you need urgently a girl, or a man? humm
"
and
"another one lol
"
For the insults?

Seriously...
Here's the thing...

You.
Are.
Doing.
It.
Wrong.

The code is not "broken", just because you didn't get your loots.
You haven't yet confirmed that you were looking for the scythes in the Berseker Daemons' corpses
You know... If you weren't, then you're calling the wrong people "dumb" in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, maybe i used too much "dumb", sorry!
Anyway, look at my first post, i say it! I was looking for scythes, read it!

Hooooo, funny how this code work LOL, now i'm doing the opposite thing!
I'm doing just just just a little damage, just when the Berseker
is about to go and "voilà" i'm getting a lot of scythes!

Do you think i'm happy now?
No. This show you that the code is just [censored]!

G

Actually... If you look at it...
The code works fine for the majority of people.

Code + Majority = fine
Code + You = not fine

If you compare the two, in their simplest forms, what is the main difference between the two?
The code is the same, in both cases, so the likelihood is that the error lies in what is not the same.
That would be you, or your interactions with the system.

V

vinncent

Thinking more about it. It's funny that if you leave the area you loose looting rights. It's almost like the game just wants you die and loose insurance money.
Seems to explain all those cheating monsters too. hmmmmm You know the ones, the three screeens away at a full run double flame strike? Yeah... I've had that happen more times in my theif than I can count.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 scythes that I got back to back. Other than that I have none.

I have left the rift and got a cloak when I was outside of it after just getting ressed so no you do not forfit your rights to loot after you leave the rift (unless it was an issue with my pet still attacking the mob although I was out of the rift which I myself will say is borked).