• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What the heck is this ????????

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so my sister was trying to cheer me up by doing something in game she calls "Running Amok" and I call adventuring. Basically we just run around a facet killing stuff, and exploring. We were in Ter Mur and we found a small gold chest surrounded by tall purple crystals. I clicked the chest and got this:
Star of Ter Mur Gem.jpg

What is it? What does it go with? What does it do? I searched Stratics and UOGuide and could find nothing.

Anyone Know?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try your EM Website.... guessing it has something to do with that.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, finally found the Legends EM event page. I didn't find anything there either. :( I will have to ask some legends folks if they know anything about it. Thanks Mal. :D

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so my sister was trying to cheer me up by doing something in game she calls "Running Amok" and I call adventuring. Basically we just run around a facet killing stuff, and exploring.
This is freaking adorable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay so my sister was trying to cheer me up by doing something in game she calls "Running Amok" and I call adventuring. Basically we just run around a facet killing stuff, and exploring. We were in Ter Mur and we found a small gold chest surrounded by tall purple crystals. I clicked the chest and got this:
View attachment 69222

What is it? What does it go with? What does it do? I searched Stratics and UOGuide and could find nothing.

Anyone Know?
I dropped my Backpack while visiting there. Please return to LS. thanks

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 5 days it explodes and turns your character into a Zombie permanently. Even GM's can't fix you.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have you tried double clicking it? Going off the screenshot you need it to be a "backpack resizing tool" don't feel bad though.. I need one of those badly as well :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably not EM. since it has a 5 day timer and our event isnt till the 20th. Unless he was up early
Have you tried double clicking it? Going off the screenshot you need it to be a "backpack resizing tool" don't feel bad though.. I need one of those badly as well :D

ROFL Don't ever snooop my packs if that one bothered ya LOL

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I really doubt this is related to our current EM.
I got one of those back in 2011 as well and had no idea what to do with it. So I let it expire and never bothered with it again.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do you have a more precise location of where you found it?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ROFL Don't ever snooop my packs if that one bothered ya LOL
LOL

I am still praying that one day they invent a "Runebook Satchel" and "Spellbook Satchel" that you can stick in your pack, put the books in and they STAY there even at death. Heck at this point in my UO Career they could sell them for $29.95 on the store and I would buy both the second they hit :D

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, i dont run with Automap on..I was just running around north side of royal city. The coordinates of the box is 147o18'S 7o56'W. It is southeast of Grubbix the SoulBinder quest guy.

upload_2017-7-15_16-9-45.png This is pic of the crystals and chest.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its just an old EM event clicky that wasn't cleaned up. Several shards have one or more, GL had three at last count. Just think of them as fun easter eggs/conversation starters.