• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What template to use for faction char?

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just returned back to the game after 3 years and a big time of the 8 years of playing UO I did factions. It seems now I can buy myself some nice items with silver. I have 25k worth of silver to use. My only question is which character to use.

Character A: (Is Red)
120 Mage
120 Eval
100 scribe
120 Wrestling
120 Resist
120 Med

I believe this char has either a +25 stats or a +20 stats.

Character B: (Is also red)
120 SS
85 necro
120 Fencing
100 tactics
100 med
100 poisoning
80 resist

This char only has a +20 stat scroll. I need to get back midnight bracers for added necro skill. I still need to get some skills up on this character, but when I was on the right computer I was lethal with this guy. Not sure if 100 poisoning is good these days.

Character C: (Blue)
115 mage
115 eval
115 resist
120 fencing
100 poisoning
115 med
some points in foucs, not sure how many

+25 stat here. I use to do alot of champ spawns with this guy.

Character D: (blue)

120 macing
100 resist
115 mage
115 eval
100 resist
100 med
points in tactics and inscribe (not sure what I was doing here, its been a while since I was working on him)

+20 stat on him.

I am also clueless on what gear I should be aiming for. Someone told me max spell dmg is only 10% now (20% with scribe). What mana regen should I be aiming for? I know get LRC, and 40% LMC on my suit if possible then increase hit points and mana. If someone has time please feel free to write me back on some detailed explanation on factions now and what route I should go. Thanks a ton! :D I would like to hear a dream suite for the characters and then a ghetto suite incase I dont have enough gold...

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What combos would you use for Temp B?
Back in the day, I used a 100% poison weapon that had double strike and infect. strike (the one where lethal poison is applied). This weapon I still have, is 45% dmg increase, ss increase 25% mana leech and I believe life leech. I would go in vamp mode and have all 70s or close to them on my suite. I would cast strangle, corpse skin, apply poison, blood oath (this I would cast wheneever I believe he was going to let off a few attacks or spells so that next few spells finish him off), pain strike, poison strike, and in this process keep the lethal poison up. I havent got on him to remember all the necro spells.. but I also had revs, and withers.. but that was a sample combo for you.. any suggestions? At the time I never saw another template like this.. I imagine times have changed tho..

L

Lord Patapon

Hey guys !

Can anyone tell me if parry mages are still useful now or totally obsolete ?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys !

Only if you have a group of them and you are fighting mostly dexers (which happens to be the case on Great Lakes)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys !

Parry mages are never obsolete. With all the d bage archers and tamers its actually fun to run around and see how much dmg you can take.

L

Lord Patapon

Wow.
Thanks for those fast answers ;)

I generally like to play in group, as a support mage; anyways, char is nearly ready, so, I'll test that in a few days.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riki, just an FYI. Last year around May a change was made so that you can put more than one character per account on the same shard into factions. They all have to be in the same faction, of course, but you're no longer limited to just one. Might make your decision-making process a little bit easier.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riki, just an FYI. Last year around May a change was made so that you can put more than one character per account on the same shard into factions. They all have to be in the same faction, of course, but you're no longer limited to just one. Might make your decision-making process a little bit easier.
Yeah I found this out not to long ago.. ty for informing me :) now to farm all that silver...