• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What template for this shard?

Z

Zyron

Hey everyone, So i am a heavy pvper that is now building a char on this shard.But I dont have ANY idea of how pvp is on here. Is it all dexxers? High amount of despise raids? Open field? I dont know.

I plan on going red/faction.. And im most likley doing a mage.
i was kind of thinking wrestle parry. or anatomy parry. Possibly pure necro? Or parry ninja? idk. Experienced GL mages halp please!!

C

Coffin

I know a lot of good mages who love to play with parrying in their template. Great lakes is a little archer/dexer heavy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard is overwhelmed with ****ty archers who love to mash their moving shot key.

S

Sunchicken

120 mage eval wrestle med resist parry

need to make sure your dex get to 80 when you chug stamina pots

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 mage eval wrestle med resist parry

need to make sure your dex get to 80 when you chug stamina pots
Way too plain jane.

The Parry mage can be much more diverse than that. Get creative with it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont need to thats the thing.
I can sort of see the reasoning behind that. SO? rarely leaves the 2 screens surrounding one of the 50 houses you all are accessed to in the yew gate vacinity.

S

Sunchicken

I can sort of see the reasoning behind that. SO? rarely leaves the 2 screens surrounding one of the 50 houses you all are accessed to in the yew gate vacinity.
I dont need a house. Im sure i can manage a 2vs1 as good if not better than you or any of your bastardized parry mages in 2.0

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should invest in those house teleporters, then Dominated, Toad, and Kazar could move between all 50 houses without ever actually leaving the house.

Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont need a house. Im sure i can manage a 2vs1 as good if not better than you or any of your bastardized parry mages in 2.0
I don't know about that. I have lived through some pretty crazy **** on Tank.

S

Sunchicken

Sunchicken was my theifs name. The character is currently a tactics mage.
My main faction chars are
A Soultrain-dexxer
Baller-parry mage
Bea'zbulb-necro mage

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone who's PvPed longer then almost anyone left on this shard. I can remember he and his brother as far back as 2001.
You would think someone who has pvped that long would be better or at least in a better guild...

S

Sunchicken

Sir ive killed you when you were a scrubbish nox necro dexxer i dont imagine id have a problem killing you with your current mage template.

I have friends in pwnt. Friends with whom im closer than some people i have face to face contact with. To me that is far more important than what you think of my guild.

We may not be the best guild on the shard but if we were not here who would you fight with or run from...

I

Insta

Someone who's PvPed longer then almost anyone left on this shard. I can remember he and his brother as far back as 2001.
Yay! I have been mentioned!! My account is still up, but I have only played twice since this new stuff came out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't PvP anymore because of the speedhacking noob archers <_<

Might need to try it again sometime. I kinda miss it.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RUOH/UHOH > 2.0 :D

But what they said. Mostly dexxers at the gate (80%ish) and parry mages.

About 65-70%-ish at spawns are dexxers.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone, So i am a heavy pvper that is now building a char on this shard.But I dont have ANY idea of how pvp is on here. Is it all dexxers? High amount of despise raids? Open field? I dont know.

I plan on going red/faction.. And im most likley doing a mage.
i was kind of thinking wrestle parry. or anatomy parry. Possibly pure necro? Or parry ninja? idk. Experienced GL mages halp please!!
If you are looking for lots of action I would recommend Chessy. GL has been pretty lame for fights. Catskills is also a good one if you want a little self esteem boost because most of the people there are pretty bad but there are a lot of them.

R

RichDC

If you are looking for lots of action I would recommend Chessy. GL has been pretty lame for fights. Catskills is also a good one if you want a little self esteem boost because most of the people there are pretty bad but there are a lot of them.
GL is lame because you CHOOSE not to fight whats on offer!

There are, mostly J~W vs DC, plenty of fights at the spawns...you just CHOOSE to not come to them!, you CHOOSE to opt out of the dungeons and fight in the open field(which i respect btw...its why i dont often talk **** about you) but seriously, step out and see the mas imensity of fights that happens!

You where there on ressurection when DC* was sandwiched in despise (no spawn) between TDR and TB...was EPIC!!!

I would love to see more of those(although maybe no DC* getting pinched ALL the time lol)!!!

S

Saleena

There are, mostly J~W vs DC, plenty of fights at the spawns...you just CHOOSE to not come to them!, you CHOOSE to opt out of the dungeons and fight in the open field(which i respect btw...its why i dont often talk **** about you) but seriously, step out and see the mas imensity of fights that happens!

You where there on ressurection when DC* was sandwiched in despise (no spawn) between TDR and TB...was EPIC!!!

I would love to see more of those(although maybe no DC* getting pinched ALL the time lol)!!!
Although I have been playing alot less then what I used to when I do get the time to get online, there is never a dull moment on GL, We always have had a fight. We've had some fun base fights and if there is no guarding going on there is always a fight in yew for factions. I havent' seen any 2.0 on in awhile though. I know im not on all the time but geez get off the wuss shards and come play! hehe ! :heart: u lynk!:heart:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ya I don't think I should have to settle for grinder fights though.

I mean I get it. If you are trying to protect a champ it really is the best thing to do, but I just don't find it fun.

I'd rather go from shard to shard until I find a good open field fight. To each his own I suppose.

I

Insta

With respect distance and connection to GL, though, I thought it was amusing to read the post about one of RichDC's characters actually running from Yew to Skara. Now I know for sure that such a feat would be next to impossible for me to do with my connection, so I am fairly confident that it would be for Rich back in Blighty. I just couldn't see him doing that if his latency is anything like mine, which is rarely below 500. And to think, this is someone from -Y- backing up someone from DC lol! (Although I don't understand what the problems are, guess I've not been back long enough).
I never said I chased Rich from Yew to Skara, I said there was a wrecking in skara 2v3 and Rich was one of the 3 there on his bush/tamer. I said I chased one of the three from yew in order to get to skara to have the 2v3. When we got to Skara that is when Rich was there. I called in Sun, they called in another, we were definatly wrecking at thoes odds. We continued to fight until eventually we were outnumberd to the point where there was no more point in fighting anymore.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunchicken would crush any DC 1v1. Rich is on Crack. What color is the sky in his world?DC has been, is, and will continue to be GLs ATM machine. The only time DC is out is at server up with 8 people and noone else is on. If anyone manages to muster up 3 people to raid its a decent fight if DC manages to get a couple lucky pet kills. If 4 people are actually on to raid DC gets wiped.Other than that DC will do an occasional harry with 25-30 peeps on. Any other GL guild is LUCKY to muster up 8 players on short notice to raid. In these situations DC almost has as many pets as any raiders have players. DC has maybe 2 solid pvpers. Daisuke and Striker and Striker is more of an annoyance becuase of 4/6 chiv than a threat to kill anyone. We just tend to pick off the other DC first, Maybe im forgetting a player or 2 but for the the amount of people DC has the amount of solid pvpers is a tiny ratio. Aside from those 2 players, any DC i see 1v1 tends to race for where the rest of the herd is at.

M

Malador

Talk all you want, nobody believes a word you say.
I am glad someone else finally said that. I was begining to think people accepted his bull**** as truth. Honestly I dont see him 1 v 1 with any real pvper but he makes claims all the time.

R

RichDC

Sunchicken would crush any DC 1v1. Rich is on Crack. What color is the sky in his world?DC has been, is, and will continue to be GLs ATM machine. The only time DC is out is at server up with 8 people and noone else is on. If anyone manages to muster up 3 people to raid its a decent fight if DC manages to get a couple lucky pet kills. If 4 people are actually on to raid DC gets wiped.Other than that DC will do an occasional harry with 25-30 peeps on. Any other GL guild is LUCKY to muster up 8 players on short notice to raid. In these situations DC almost has as many pets as any raiders have players. DC has maybe 2 solid pvpers. Daisuke and Striker and Striker is more of an annoyance becuase of 4/6 chiv than a threat to kill anyone. We just tend to pick off the other DC first, Maybe im forgetting a player or 2 but for the the amount of people DC has the amount of solid pvpers is a tiny ratio. Aside from those 2 players, any DC i see 1v1 tends to race for where the rest of the herd is at.

Oh dear...more lies from the mouth on useless TDR. You must have an aching in your rear from the stomping youve taken over the last 2weeks??

2v5, DC the 2 one in factions so cant even x-heal...result??? All TDR on blues...DEAD! That one was outside fire after your pitiful attempts at raiding the 6 of us doing the spawn. we left 2doing the spawn and promptly smaked you all over the place...that make 4 dc vs 5 TDR...again, all on blues.

You then decided you'd "grow a pair" and fight with twice our numbers at the guild house...yet we STILL got more kills than deaths!!!

TDR are has beens...much like BC(whom you seem to have allied), eventually 5vs2 they managed to finish us of, after being pushed out of despise countles times...with no grinder. They even called in Tupac who promptly got stated!

You can call us ATM's yet we have been raking in the gold! from scrolls sot's and your easy insurance...funny how easy you die if you disrupt the healers! (that beig 3 in a 4vs5...not clever in my opinion, but what do i know im just a trammy whos made 300k insurance of TDR/J~W in the 4hours ive played this week!)

Oh and just to clarify a point you actually had correct. Yes DC* has a small ratio of PvPers to spawners...because we arent a PvP guild...yet we (see above and COUNTLESS other destructions even numbers) still give you lessons in PvP and farm you! You've all resorted to attempt to "grief" by bringing blues when we have 4 reds and 2 blues...WAY TO EPIC FAIL!

R

RichDC

Ya I don't think I should have to settle for grinder fights though.

I mean I get it. If you are trying to protect a champ it really is the best thing to do, but I just don't find it fun.

I'd rather go from shard to shard until I find a good open field fight. To each his own I suppose.
Fair comments.

Its not the PvP you enjoy so why do it??

Thats cool, its why ive started on europa...no lag meaning mage pvp is a cake walk!!!

R

RichDC

I never said I chased Rich from Yew to Skara, I said there was a wrecking in skara 2v3 and Rich was one of the 3 there on his bush/tamer. I said I chased one of the three from yew in order to get to skara to have the 2v3. When we got to Skara that is when Rich was there. I called in Sun, they called in another, we were definatly wrecking at thoes odds. We continued to fight until eventually we were outnumberd to the point where there was no more point in fighting anymore.
I do remember one of your attempts of 2vs however many...it happened in the middle of BC raiding...you still all died!

This one...i seriously doubt, i have lost one fight in skara, and that was not to you...hell i even won on my thief!

I

Insta

I do remember one of your attempts of 2vs however many...it happened in the middle of BC raiding...you still all died!

This one...i seriously doubt, i have lost one fight in skara, and that was not to you...hell i even won on my thief!

You're post is not making any good sence. What was BC raiding in Skara?

I chased one of your guys from Yew to Skara. I killed him at the skara gate. Then you popped in on your tamer/bushi guy. I rez killed the the guy. You attacked me, then Daiske I think is who it was popped in and attacked me as well. I called in Sun. The two of us were fighting the three of you for a good 15 or so minutes. I killed a couple of you a time or two. Then I died. Sun rezzed me. Came back fresh rezzed, and killed a couple of you again. Got all my loot. BC did come in, but I'm not sure what you are talking about as "raiding" It was at least two running shot archers and a pain spike spammer. That was the minimum of the BC that showed, along with the three of you. I dont even think the herd of you guys managed to kill sun. I know I left alive. We just left the fight because at this point we knew we couldn't kill all of you, and I had no way of X-healing Sun. I'm not saying we "won" that fight, but we wrecked you guys for a solid 15 minutes until the BC came in to your rescue, and when we left Skara, my screen was still in color, so I will definatly say we didn't "lose" that fight.

M

mjolnir131

Herders, Mystic herders GL just does not have enough of them.
It's a great PvP template you just have to carry lots of gold and uninsured artires to really make it work

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Was it to me? :>

M

Malador

Oh dear...more lies from the mouth on useless TDR. You must have an aching in your rear from the stomping youve taken over the last 2weeks??

2v5, DC the 2 one in factions so cant even x-heal...result??? All TDR on blues...DEAD! That one was outside fire after your pitiful attempts at raiding the 6 of us doing the spawn. we left 2doing the spawn and promptly smaked you all over the place...that make 4 dc vs 5 TDR...again, all on blues.

You then decided you'd "grow a pair" and fight with twice our numbers at the guild house...yet we STILL got more kills than deaths!!!

TDR are has beens...much like BC(whom you seem to have allied), eventually 5vs2 they managed to finish us of, after being pushed out of despise countles times...with no grinder. They even called in Tupac who promptly got stated!

You can call us ATM's yet we have been raking in the gold! from scrolls sot's and your easy insurance...funny how easy you die if you disrupt the healers! (that beig 3 in a 4vs5...not clever in my opinion, but what do i know im just a trammy whos made 300k insurance of TDR/J~W in the 4hours ive played this week!)

Oh and just to clarify a point you actually had correct. Yes DC* has a small ratio of PvPers to spawners...because we arent a PvP guild...yet we (see above and COUNTLESS other destructions even numbers) still give you lessons in PvP and farm you! You've all resorted to attempt to "grief" by bringing blues when we have 4 reds and 2 blues...WAY TO EPIC FAIL!

Pictures boy. No one is going to believe you without some pics

R

RichDC

Sorry man you lost me. I enjoy open field PvP, not sure how else to say it.
What i meant was you dont enjoy grinder fights, so why do it. You like open field fights so thats what you go looking for.

R

RichDC

You're post is not making any good sence. What was BC raiding in Skara?

I chased one of your guys from Yew to Skara. I killed him at the skara gate. Then you popped in on your tamer/bushi guy. I rez killed the the guy. You attacked me, then Daiske I think is who it was popped in and attacked me as well. I called in Sun. The two of us were fighting the three of you for a good 15 or so minutes. I killed a couple of you a time or two. Then I died. Sun rezzed me. Came back fresh rezzed, and killed a couple of you again. Got all my loot. BC did come in, but I'm not sure what you are talking about as "raiding" It was at least two running shot archers and a pain spike spammer. That was the minimum of the BC that showed, along with the three of you. I dont even think the herd of you guys managed to kill sun. I know I left alive. We just left the fight because at this point we knew we couldn't kill all of you, and I had no way of X-healing Sun. I'm not saying we "won" that fight, but we wrecked you guys for a solid 15 minutes until the BC came in to your rescue, and when we left Skara, my screen was still in color, so I will definatly say we didn't "lose" that fight.
The time your talking about we where not allied with BC nor did they help us at any time.

The time im talking about was when you came in on your dp dexxer in the middle of BC rading ice west...you died...they died, we all died once or twice.

I dont remember that fight but im certain it would have been at the time BC was fighting us...which was most of the time. Mind you, does sound like it was fun.

I

Insta

The time your talking about we where not allied with BC nor did they help us at any time.

The time im talking about was when you came in on your dp dexxer in the middle of BC rading ice west...you died...they died, we all died once or twice.

I dont remember that fight but im certain it would have been at the time BC was fighting us...which was most of the time. Mind you, does sound like it was fun.
Nay sir, you are confused. I'm not talking about that time. To be honest, I have no clue what time you are talking about. Problem number one with what you are saying is. I do not have a dp dexxer. I haven't ran poison on a character in well over two years. The dexxer that used to run the posion template is now a tactics mage, and has been that way for at least two years. Problem number two, if I were going to raid I would not be raiding on a dexxer, that could not x-heal or rez... Expecally if it was a two man raid. That would be just silly.

The only other thing I am trying to figure out, is how you can be confused where we were, and which fight I am talking about when I clearly state the fight took place in Skara after chasing someone to there from Yew. There should be no reason you think I am talking about ice. I can understand you not remembering the fight, but I just do not understand how you could think I was talking about an ice west fight.