• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] What sword is better for me?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 sword tactics
115 bushido anatomy
110 chivalry healing

Stats without weapon:
130 str 150 dex 140 hp 155 stam
14 int 64 mana
45 hci 45 dci 65 di 5 ssi
1355 luck

Main targets are UEV.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have tried a Katana and a Broadsword.
Katana does too low damage.
Broadsword is 1.25s with 155 stamina and 35 ssi but usually I have just 100-140 stamina, so my speed is 1.5s-1.75s...

p.s. The broadsword is Elemental Slayer, 30 SSI, max HML, 35 DI, 40 HSL.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try a Bladed Staff with 150+ stamina and 20 SSI on the staff.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I use a shield. It's difficult to get 1355 luck without a shield still having 45/45, etc..
I use Mace&Shield for HLD. It allows me to kill faster and gives me better chances for +1000 luck bonus from perfection.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it has to be one handed find yourself a good ubws leafblade. More damage than a katana, faster than a broadsword. Perfect specials. You wont be able to imbue a good one due to the wasted mod, but there are tons for sale

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think it's almost imposible to find a runic made blade with Elemental Slayer.

I'm looking for a good leafblade of easy the last two weeks and never seen any (for sale).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How do people use longswords with 185 stamina and 35 ssi? I think they must have the same problems with swing speed.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goto shame and farm ssi shields. I was luck to get one that is repairable, 5 ssi, 30 soulcharge, str and dex bons plust a few other mods. I have no problem with swing speed and longswords without shield. 50EP plus pots is a good thing. I have several chests full of ssi shields that i use. If they break or get looted, bo biggies I have another to replace it.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my swords sampire, I have no problem running a longsword w/ 30 SSI and a rangers cloak (total 35 SSI). Between Divine Fury/Potions/apples I am rarely under 180 stamina.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you really need a longsword? A broadsword will do just as well as a leafblade for damage. The leafblade of ease would be for encounters where you need Feint. I don't think you should need Feint for UEVs.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I needn't longsword. Even with a 30 SSI broadsword I had 1.5-1.75s swing speed.

I decided to use a katana. Even with 120 stamina it gives me 1.25s and with 30 HLA my stamina rarely drops lower. My damage with a katana iis 50 (was 58 with a broadsword) but with 82 HML I can use AI more often and kill faster. Now it takes me 4-5 min to kill a UEV (it took 5-6 with a broadsword).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It took me 6-7 min for a UEV with my previos katana. Just yesterday I crafted another katana with different mods (Elem Slayer, 82 HML, 40 HSL, 35 DI, 30 HLA).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the weapon was just for UEV, why not just imbue Air Elemental Slayer?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For UEV I've found the weapon to take it down the quickest is a hatchet with lumberjacking, the best compromise one hand weapon appears to be the leafblade. And yes use Air Ele slayer instead of elemental. Less imbuing weight so more room for other mods plus higher damage to UEV.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm going to use the same weapon vs other elems.
As to me an Air Slayer does the same damage as a Super Slayer... (combined with Honor and EOO)

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need for EOO if you have air ele slayer. Which is good for me since I keep my chiv as low as possible. If I hit a mob that doesn't have a slayer vulnerability then I switch up my template to have higher chiv for EOO.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will verfiy that using a leaf blade with air ele slayer is great for the UEVs. I love being able to chain AI and if things get a bit tight, like three of them come on me, using feint and momentum strike. I also tend to use a throw-away shield with as much soul charge as I can find and drop it if things get rough or I need pots to stay alive. The feint is a nice addition to confidence and evade as well as pots.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I crafted a new sword:
broadsword DI 35%, SSI 30%, HML 87%, HSL 50%, HLA 30%

It hasn't Slayer but allows me to kill UEV in 4 min. It's faster than with my previous sword.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice sword, my record so far has been 2m 30sec with my air ele slayer hatchet with lumberjacking