• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Stats To Raise First On Cu? Please give me your input on what you would do!

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a white Cu Sidhe. The stats are shown below. Can you please tell me what stats you would raise in order to fill this pup out? (Like HP,INT Dex or Regens or Resists? I have not been on in a while and would like insight into how to make this beast the best it can be! Thanks!
1666564316684.png 1666564766941.png 1666564799542.png 1666564831613.png 1666564871692.png 1666564902528.png 1666564936198.png 1666564963413.png 1666564990613.png 1666565016192.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please give me your input on what you would do!
Kill it and wish you did not put scrolls on it.

Too late that dog is a goner. Magery at a cost of 1001 points, Really?

Next time use one of the MANY pets with magery already on it.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please give me your input on what you would do!
Kill it and wish you did not put scrolls on it.

Too late that dog is a goner. Magery at a cost of 1001 points, Really?

Next time use one of the MANY pets with magery already on it.
This ^

Ascalon

Adventurer
You're going from 4 to 5 slot, final allocation of points, so be sure to max out the base damage. Do it first.
Dex and Stamina need to be 150, so better do that too.
Set your resists. Suggest maxxing out Physical, Fire, Energy as a general best practice. Put the remainder in Poison.
For Str/Dex/Int, set 700/150/370.
Set your mana regen to 30.

Do all this on test center until you get it to a final result that you like.
For your pet template, 30 mana regen should be your first selection of regens.
If I had a template tight on points, I would omit HP regen and put 5 in stamina regen.

Get your hit points over 600 at a minimum. 700+ is more comfortable, but depends on your play style/char.

Try to get the mana up, if you want a longer mana dump at the first when using the pet. It makes a bit of difference although not much, and the points are cheap. This is also the place to dump points to get rid of the last few.

This pet template reminds me a lot of the necromare problems, in that you used a lot of points and now you'll need to be really careful to allocate the rest. Like I already said, port your pet over to test center and apply points there first to get the best result for you.

What's the purpose of use for this pet template? Maybe knowing that will help people offer some advice too.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While allen is correct he could learn kindness. While it's not the normal Cu build guess whst it will still kill everything you need it to .

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're going from 4 to 5 slot, final allocation of points, so be sure to max out the base damage. Do it first.
Dex and Stamina need to be 150, so better do that too.
Set your resists. Suggest maxxing out Physical, Fire, Energy as a general best practice. Put the remainder in Poison.
For Str/Dex/Int, set 700/150/370.
Set your mana regen to 30.

Do all this on test center until you get it to a final result that you like.
For your pet template, 30 mana regen should be your first selection of regens.
If I had a template tight on points, I would omit HP regen and put 5 in stamina regen.

Get your hit points over 600 at a minimum. 700+ is more comfortable, but depends on your play style/char.

Try to get the mana up, if you want a longer mana dump at the first when using the pet. It makes a bit of difference although not much, and the points are cheap. This is also the place to dump points to get rid of the last few.

This pet template reminds me a lot of the necromare problems, in that you used a lot of points and now you'll need to be really careful to allocate the rest. Like I already said, port your pet over to test center and apply points there first to get the best result for you.

What's the purpose of use for this pet template? Maybe knowing that will help people offer some advice too.
While the build you suggest is good, I don’t think there is enough points left to actually do all of it. The extra cost of magery (400 points over chivalry) combined with already so many 120 scrolls doesn’t leave enough points to fully complete the build, IMO.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Moral of story, build your pet on TC first. Don't add scrolls until the last round. Easy to do something wrong in the early stages.

Ascalon

Adventurer
While the build you suggest is good, I don’t think there is enough points left to actually do all of it. The extra cost of magery (400 points over chivalry) combined with already so many 120 scrolls doesn’t leave enough points to fully complete the build, IMO.
Yeah, agree. It's a discussion of what to cut and where. If OP wants to put it into the uo-cah pet calculator and post a link here for everyone, then people could easily give their best take on it...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I should have Kept my original Answer. Magery on a non magery pet cost 1001 points and Eval (required) costs another 500.

1501 total to put Magery on a Cu.

This is an exploit pet. Shoulda made a real nice AI/Chiv doggo.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a few final thoughts… if this build was deliberately made for a very specific encounter requiring magery mastery and the OP has some special attachment to using a Cu (over something like a mare)… maybe pirates… here would be my suggestion, in the order I would add them.

Max strength, intelligence, stamina and dex
30 MR, 5 SR
Max base damage
80 for the resist of the primary damage type of the intended target unless it’s energy. No other changes to resist.
You can allocate the few remaining points between hit points and mana… I would probably go with mana.

This would be a very specialized pet, and would still likely underperform a better starting pet for the same encounter with magery mastery.