• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what skills to increase with +skill on items

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some thoughts about +skill items for sampire types:

To get the most out of melee masteries I would want to go for 120 real skill in weapon skill and tactics.

To get the full reduction to special moves mana cost I would want 120 bushido and 60 parry along with that.

To not pop out of vamp form 99 real skill necro is needed which leaves me with the following template:

120 melee, tactics, bushido, 100 necro and 60 parry. Which leaves 200 points for chivalry and resist (or anatomy).

Now here comes my question:

will there be a difference between getting 120 chivalry from real skill or from items?

what about resist? is there a difference between 120 real skill or 120 from items?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on what you wanna hunt with your'e sampire.
Masteries depends on real skill, the rest not so much, except special moves, they require real skill AFAIK.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It really depends on what you wanna hunt with your'e sampire.
Masteries depends on real skill, the rest not so much, except special moves, they require real skill AFAIK.
Only thing I would add is the Chiv spells are scaled time wise based on real Chiv level. They dropped the time being scaled off Karma a good while back.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only thing I would add is the Chiv spells are scaled time wise based on real Chiv level. They dropped the time being scaled off Karma a good while back.
exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

any thoughts about resist 120 real vs. 120 by items?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

any thoughts about resist 120 real vs. 120 by items?
Only time I run resist is when I am running a high magic spawn and even then it is really rare. I just use a trapped box to break para. Never really noticed much of a difference in 120 versus 100 in PvM.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also usually use anatomy and with that skill I know it doesn't matter if it's real skill or not. Since I switch anatomy out for resist when needed it would be nice to know if the same applies there...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have never ran across anything on resist spells that says/shows jewel skill is not the same as real skill. Guess an easy way to test it for sure would be to grab a near GM resist char, get naked and see what your damage resists are (should be 0)... then put on just enough +skill jewels to reach GM and see what your damage resists are (should be 40 if it's working) then put on enough +skill to hit 120 resist... and again check your damage resists, it should be 45 or something like that...

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only time I've read or heard that Resisting Spells was useful were vs Dark Fathers.

Otherwise, I ran 120 Resisting Spells and found it didn't do much for me. I ran it during the Halloween campaign and I ended up having to erase debuffs with apples and Remove Curse anyway. Especially vs undead and Pain Spike/Blood Oath. I erase those immediately. Taken quite a few dirt naps over those.

I still use trapped boxes for Paralyze in the off chance I'm para and getting whiffed at fur 4+ seconds.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now here comes my question:

will there be a difference between getting 120 chivalry from real skill or from items?

what about resist? is there a difference between 120 real skill or 120 from items?
This is the actual question - just as a reminder since there seems to be a misunderstanding here.

I know when to put on resist and also run anatomy instead most of the time.

I was interested whether resist and anatomy are working the same way, i. e. does resist work the same with +skill items or does having 120 realskill resist have any advantages I don't know about?