• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] What should I set up first when starting EC?

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am a long time CC player and I am finally going to try and switch over to EC. What are the top things you would suggest I should first do when I first get into game as far as settings, graphics, setting up macros (And how are these done if not self explanitory ) ect? And which things do you feel should most be explained to me, or you wish had been explained to you when you first opened this client? I would really appreciate your top advice as I can imagine it won't be easy for me to give up my CC after all these years lol.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well Thanks for giving the EC a try! to start you off here is a video I created it was for pinco UI but it explains a lot of the settings ! keep in mind we now use the default EC until pinco gets done with the new UI he is making! so some things may look different or not be there!

also lots of info at the top of the forums for macroing etc
one of the first things you may want to do is switch to legacy containers and chat if you feel more at home with those!
let me know what macros you may be wanting and I may be able to help if you ?!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The new style containers were pretty easy to get used to for me, but chatting whether in the chat channels, or just standing there and trying to say "bank" still annoys the heck out of me.

I found most of the basic setup of macros to be pretty straight forward. Some of the (newer) targeting stuff I haven't played with too much yet.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll get used to hitting enter before talking, just takes time. This allows you to set all the keys to do macros, cast spells, special moves, etc. I always found it annoying talking to someone who plays CC and they're constantly casting spells while trying to talk because of their macros. Very annoying in a meeting or event.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Thanks for giving the EC a try! to start you off here is a video I created it was for pinco UI but it explains a lot of the settings ! keep in mind we now use the default EC until pinco gets done with the new UI he is making! so some things may look different or not be there!

also lots of info at the top of the forums for macroing etc
one of the first things you may want to do is switch to legacy containers and chat if you feel more at home with those!
let me know what macros you may be wanting and I may be able to help if you ?!
Is this still valid for the current EC downloaded straight from the UO website?