• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What shards are actually active?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a sad time to see that most shards are virtually dead...

I'm transferring my main somewhere but I'm still trying to find an active PvP Shard. What are my options? So far I'm thinking about moving to Great Lakes or Atlantic.

Thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a sad time to see that most shards are virtually dead...

I'm transferring my main somewhere but I'm still trying to find an active PvP Shard. What are my options? So far I'm thinking about moving to Great Lakes or Atlantic.

Thanks.
Great Lakes is very active, but mainly populated by two very zergy guilds that refuse to play factions. As a result, you can kill them a million times but they keep coming back, because they always out number you they only need to get an edge once.

Atlantic and Legends are my personal favorites right now. I xferred my west coast characters to these shards because west is completely dead.

Atlantic has 3 sizeable guilds that always have a fight going on. TDT, HEAT, and COW&.

Legends also has a lot of activity between LGC, !O!, and L*D.

Next most active is Catskills, but its mainly gate fighting and the TB dont come out of their houses until someone is dismounted with a dragon on them. I never find anyone to really raid when I scout there.

Chessy is also pretty good lately. It can also get kind of zergy but is a good mix of faction and non-factions.

Lake Superior sucks.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes is very active, but mainly populated by two very zergy guilds that refuse to play factions. As a result, you can kill them a million times but they keep coming back, because they always out number you they only need to get an edge once.

Atlantic and Legends are my personal favorites right now. I xferred my west coast characters to these shards because west is completely dead.

Atlantic has 3 sizeable guilds that always have a fight going on. TDT, HEAT, and COW&.

Legends also has a lot of activity between LGC, !O!, and L*D.

Next most active is Catskills, but its mainly gate fighting and the TB dont come out of their houses until someone is dismounted with a dragon on them. I never find anyone to really raid when I scout there.

Chessy is also pretty good lately. It can also get kind of zergy but is a good mix of faction and non-factions.

Lake Superior sucks.
Thanks for the updates bud, much appreciated. I'm going to transfer with a buddy to Great Lakes, hope to see you there man!

J

jaashua

From what I've seen, the west coast shards are cannibalizing themselves. During peak times, all four of them are always bunched together on the % full list. But you play any of them and you won't find the buzz of activity that you do on GL or Atl (the only two shards that feel like old UO). That tells me that people are stubbornly sticking with their home shards rather than consolidating.

Which is tragic because, individually, there are some amazing communities on the shards. Baja has the greatest PvP legacy of any shard....it also has Dawn and the Golden Brew Tavern. Pac has the auction house. Sonoma has always had great organized events like tournaments. Napa has a great late night crowd. Etc.

I also ping in the 10-20 range to the west coast shards. I ping in the 100-110 range to GL, where I just moved to. But it's worth it because I can put things on my vendor and they sell. I can bump into people in dungeons. I can find PvP action at anytime. Factions are alive.