• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what screen shot program do you use

J

jhobyone

im looking for a screenshot program to capture sum pics of my 733T pvp skillz.....err, jk. I am looking for a screenshot utility if some one could direct me in right direction

E

edda

uowedding, you set up a macro in there and it saves them automatically..
other than that, just good ol printscreen button.. and on windows 7 theres a snipping tool. those are the only 3 things ive used.

E

Eyes of Origin

Hmm I didnt even think to use UOWedding, not a bad idea though!

I use Snagit, its user friendly and has some cool editing tools.

G

Gellor

I asked in UO Hall and got a variety of replies. Unfortunately, it seemed there wasn't a one shot fit all.

The two that seemed the "easiest" to me were(while I provided links, please feel free to do internet search to confirm links):
Grabby - http://www.game-master.net/pages/grabby.html
Gadwin PrintScreen - http://www.gadwin.com/products.htm

Grabby is an ancient one. Last worked on around 2002 but works flawlessly for me under Vista. The biggest feature on this that I liked was it would do timed screen shots; for example, automatic screen shots every 1 sec. The bad news is it only does full screen screen shots. Not a huge deal but I have a LOT of real estate on my screen... like the UO window only takes maybe 2/3s space.

Gadwin PrintScreen is new. There are two versions. The free version is 4.4. The other is pro. The playing with it I did appears to only allow screenshots with key press. It makes up for this by allowing multiple ways to define what is taken a picture of.

I ultimately decided on Grabby for two reasons:
  1. The timed screenshots. I PvP so I've got enough buttons to worry about without pushing a screenshot button. Plus, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "without the kill shot message in your journal, it didn't happen".:stir:
  2. I could live with the full screen picture taking. Again, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "you MUST be using something since you cropped your screen":stir:

E

Eyes of Origin

I PvP so I've got enough buttons to worry about without pushing a screenshot button. Plus, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "without the kill shot message in your journal, it didn't happen".:stir:
[*]I could live with the full screen picture taking. Again, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "you MUST be using something since you cropped your screen":stir:

LOL I better not hear these from anyone! :p

G

Gellor

[/B]
LOL I better not hear these from anyone! :p
You won't hear it from me.

But some people and guilds are deluded enough to think that unless you have a running video, the pictures are wrong or doctored.

And even in the face of pictures, they will argue the facts to discredit the pictures:
"That picture doesn't show 7 people it only shows 4. You lie."
"That picture just shows our corpses. You didn't kill us. We must have died to the OL."
"You aren't showing your complete computer window, something funny must be going on."

Over the years, I've seen way too many lines... and they seem to be getting more creative everyday.

E

Eyes of Origin

Oh I know, I've heard quite a few as well.
I was just teasing, but I know I might hear it sometime ;)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked in UO Hall and got a variety of replies. Unfortunately, it seemed there wasn't a one shot fit all.

The two that seemed the "easiest" to me were(while I provided links, please feel free to do internet search to confirm links):
Grabby - http://www.game-master.net/pages/grabby.html
Gadwin PrintScreen - http://www.gadwin.com/products.htm

Grabby is an ancient one. Last worked on around 2002 but works flawlessly for me under Vista. The biggest feature on this that I liked was it would do timed screen shots; for example, automatic screen shots every 1 sec. The bad news is it only does full screen screen shots. Not a huge deal but I have a LOT of real estate on my screen... like the UO window only takes maybe 2/3s space.

Gadwin PrintScreen is new. There are two versions. The free version is 4.4. The other is pro. The playing with it I did appears to only allow screenshots with key press. It makes up for this by allowing multiple ways to define what is taken a picture of.

I ultimately decided on Grabby for two reasons:
  1. The timed screenshots. I PvP so I've got enough buttons to worry about without pushing a screenshot button. Plus, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "without the kill shot message in your journal, it didn't happen".:stir:
  2. I could live with the full screen picture taking. Again, in PvP "reporting", you'll hear the saying "you MUST be using something since you cropped your screen":stir:

Gadwin > Any other screen shot utility.

G

Gellor

Gadwin > Any other screen shot utility.
Is there a way to do timed screen shots? I wasn't able to find it while playing with it for about 15mins. OTOH, who knows what goodies the pro version might have ;)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to do timed screen shots? I wasn't able to find it while playing with it for about 15mins. OTOH, who knows what goodies the pro version might have ;)
Not really sure , haven't studied the program too much. The simplicity provided for an average user is incredible though. Great question. I'm thinking about downloading the Pro Version tonight.. If you want I can hook you up with a link if I find a source.