• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What MUST be Blessed on Siege Perilous?

• Thread starter imported_OldAsTheHills
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
I

imported_OldAsTheHills

At a minimum, Magery Spellbooks with no specials,
Necromancy Spellbooks with no specials,
Ninjitsu, Chivalry, Spellweaving, Bushido books.
Also, other not so well known Skill books, like Glassblowing, etc.

With the idea that Templates must have these items blessed other wise
the Templates will dissappear if they were lootable.

What other items should be blessed on Siege Perilous?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

add vet rewards

[/ QUOTE ]
Which ones, clothing? Soulstones? Soulfragments? ethyl mounts? etc...
I believe they may not be left alone...
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Shoeless_Seth

Me thinketh all shoes needeth be unblessedeth.

*eats burrito*

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the crafted or bod house add on [looms, spinning wheels, bear rugs, etc.] should be destroyed when you need to move them like they used to be. There is no reason to make or fill the bods for these items any more since they never break.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

All the crafted or bod house add on [looms, spinning wheels, bear rugs, etc.] should be destroyed when you need to move them like they used to be. There is no reason to make or fill the bods for these items any more since they never break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point but disagree. Why should they be any different than a stool or a chest or anything else you can move around at will? If anything, they should be made into objects that are freely movable.

Just my $.02.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever move a brick fire pit/forge? You need to break it up with a sledge hammer and rebuild it.

G

rune books
my siege-blessed item

my charger and my ethy's

my boat (actually, I don't care about this. make them unblessed. Let me steal them from people!)

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

rune books
my siege-blessed item

my charger and my ethy's

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see all those remain blessed and all vet rewards. It may be trammiesh, but I think unblessing and having to resupply with new spell books, rune books or marked runes would be too tedious and not conducive to fun gameplay, in this already wayyyyyyy overly item based game.

A few other things I'd like to see unblessed:

BOD's
Christmas/Anniversary gifts, etc [blessed snowflakes and bacon? geesh!]
Boats
Housing Tool's
House Deco Tool's

I could probably think of some other items, but I'm far too lazy to think about it atm.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Baaaaaaaconnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spellbooks of all types (no properties).
Runebooks
Personal Bless Item
BOD's.
Veteran Rewards (only those wearables without properties)

That's it.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point but disagree. Why should they be any different than a stool or a chest or anything else you can move around at will? If anything, they should be made into objects that are freely movable.

Just my $.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

cause your not taking an axe to that stool to move it...

make sense?

G

Wow. I'm suprised the devs unblessed gypsy's for one. I like where this is going. And for anyone that didn't notice. Pads of the Cu Sidhe are unblessed as well, which I am happy for.

Ok, here's some things I'd like to see unblessed on Siege:

1. [Peerless Keys] Come on. Seriously? This is Siege.

2. [Ninja Belts] A weapon, blessed, on Siege. The "veteran" shard. Nuff said.

3. [Fireworks Wand] Free wand for a freshrez macer, not that it's that big of a deal or that that many people even do it, but it's a fireworks wand. Who cares about it? They aren't rare.

4. [ML Quest items] Kinda fits with number 1. Gaman horns, mushrooms, map fragments, unicorn ribs, eyeballs of the newt, fairy nuggets, kirin meatballs, all that crap. Why does it need to be blessed?

5. [interior decorator tool] It's just a tool. Tinker tools aren't blessed, nor smithy hammers. Just unbless it.

6. [2 minute blessing on stolen items] Items stolen without getting caught by guards are "blessed" for two minutes. Basically this means a thief can steal something from you outside of guardzone, and even if you kill him right there on the spot, you still don't get your item back from him. It's just a silly "feature" they put in to give thieves a break on prodo shards years ago. It's dumb and it doesn't make sense. Remove it.

7. [Anniversary food items]: I see so many people with blessed bacon in their packs. Why is bacon blessed? Stuff like this is pointless. It's silly. Blessed candycanes and gingerbread men. Why is this stuff blessed?

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

6. [2 minute blessing on stolen items] Items stolen without getting caught by guards are "blessed" for two minutes. Basically this means a thief can steal something from you outside of guardzone, and even if you kill him right there on the spot, you still don't get your item back from him. It's just a silly "feature" they put in to give thieves a break on prodo shards years ago. It's dumb and it doesn't make sense. Remove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, just because the guards didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

spellbooks (basic - no properties)
clothing (no properties &amp; newbie cloths should stay newbie and blessable)
vet rewards (all of them)
holiday/gift rewards such as xmas trees and so on... pretty much how they do it now
runebooks

I really don't think bods should be blessed... seriously? Whats the point aside from greed...?

I also think boats should be craftable on siege... as well as a slue of other things... hell even houses, I think in order to customize/build/whatever you need to pay a carpenter/mason/whatever to do so.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Did you ever move a brick fire pit/forge? You need to break it up with a sledge hammer and rebuild it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking later after I posted it that what I said really applies to thinks like looms, spinning wheels, and other things that aren't part of the house itself. Things like forges though, which in RL aren't so easy to move, I definitely agree with you.

G

and many times you need to take a bed apart to move it. Really though, I think that many things once locked down or axed you need to buy a new one to replace it, it would certainly bring back a real demand for crafting.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my $.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading it again. Why should you have to take an axe to a RUG? When you pick a rug up in your house does it disintegrate requiring the re-purchase of said rug? I do agree with things that require construction on the spot, but not for things that you should be able to move around freely normally.

Is the sarcasm really necessary or are you so accustomed to it that you really can't help yourself?

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

and many times you need to take a bed apart to move it. Really though, I think that many things once locked down or axed you need to buy a new one to replace it, it would certainly bring back a real demand for crafting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would definitely help carpenters and I probably wouldn't be opposed to it if they allowed you to preview where the item was going to be then accept it before making it a fixture in the home. As it stands now, placing any of those constructed items is either a science or an art depending on your perspective. I don't know how many of those items (beds, forges, looms, etc..) I had to create and destroy because you have no idea where it will go unless you do that sort of thing regularly.

Again, does your bed disintegrate requiring you to purchase another bed anytime you want to move it a couple feet, which does NOT require anything more than a good shove, assuming it has wheels. Worst case, it may take another person to help if there are no wheels. Either way, disintegration is not part of the moving process. ...and no, we aren't talking about waterbeds here, before anyone wants to be a wise-ass.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my $.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading it again. Why should you have to take an axe to a RUG? When you pick a rug up in your house does it disintegrate requiring the re-purchase of said rug? I do agree with things that require construction on the spot, but not for things that you should be able to move around freely normally.

Is the sarcasm really necessary or are you so accustomed to it that you really can't help yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

try lightening up a bit?

but... do you have to take an axe to deed-crafted items to move them?

I think it makes more sense to be destroyed =[

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a Mage or a Necromancer die, they need to go to bank to reg up. If a Paladin dies his regs are blessed and Samurai, Ninja, and Spell Weaver don't need regs. How would you balance that?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

When a Mage or a Necromancer die, they need to go to bank to reg up. If a Paladin dies his regs are blessed and Samurai, Ninja, and Spell Weaver don't need regs. How would you balance that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it need to be "balanced?" When anybody dies, they have to go resupply.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I was not aware that furniture add-ons were blessed, how strange.

Ethereal mounts give mobility and are not slayable, true these mounts are not
combatants. But, if I did not have one of these then I be walking everywhere
after I gate somewhere. Tame horses die very easy...and are always killed in
combat stituations!

ty for reply.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my $.02.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they need a fixed number of uses. Yes, they need to be movable!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
How about fixed number of re-deeding?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

"I think unblessing and having to resupply with new spell books, rune books or marked runes would be too tedious and not conducive to fun gameplay"

I stated that many skilled based and spell book may be too difficult to renew.
I look at my backpack and see... 12 rune books... I thought I should be more
selective where I go... one or two rune books with duplicates in vault is feasible.
Many people have house based librarys of rune books locked down. Rune books
can be a toss up!

Noticed I am saying nothing about boats!!! Yar!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Baaaaaaaconnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spellbooks of all types (no properties).
Runebooks
Personal Bless Item
BOD's.
Veteran Rewards (only those wearables without properties)

That's it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you reply to my post or Kat SP? Is the list above to keep blessed?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Sergul'zan_SP

By Spellbooks I meant all books required to execute skills, including Bushido, Ninjitsu, and Spellweaving.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

"4. [ML Quest items] Kinda fits with number 1. Gaman horns, mushrooms, map fragments, unicorn ribs, eyeballs of the newt, fairy nuggets, kirin meatballs, all that crap. Why does it need to be blessed? "

I understand the desire to loot is a way to keep score. But, if Gaman horns,
map fragments, and Minotaur artifacts were not blessed I would be wasting
time of collecting when I would be killed and looted.... and I would be 100%
killed and looted for these items... hell I got check periodically every 5 minutes
killing Gaman even when I had nothing but a sieged blessed weapon!

... See there is an on going game of Monopolizing items in this game. The
developers know this is true...that is why they blessed them... but they
did not bless the item rewards ... or did they?

"1. [Peerless Keys] Come on. Seriously? This is Siege."

Peerless activities are sort of like Champion spawns with requirement of
collecting keys to earn a way into the site, but that site is not accessible
by raiders. People can still try controlling area outside or inside the site
where the keys are collected. That does happen ... yes? Lootable keys
may make Peerless activities harder to do... but I sympathize the Peerless
should be group play and not done by one or two players.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Deco items should be movable, but the developers made large deco items
deedable because storage in backpacks of a bed was a problem!
The use of an axe must have been an inside developers joke!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Require that those spells need regs! Drop the tithe gold for Chivalry.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

By Spellbooks I meant all books required to execute skills, including Bushido, Ninjitsu, and Spellweaving.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I understand correctly, your reply to my original question is that you
want these Spellbooks to remain blessed.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

M

Masumatek

NOTHING.

That's right. NOTHING quote "need be blessed" on Siege perilous.

If NOTHING was blessed, we'd still do just fine.

It would probably be OKAY if a VERY FEW things, such as spell books, were blessed, but they don't "need" to be.

Now, this is not to say that some things, such as spell books, should be stealable, but it would probably be OK if they weren't blessed and were lootable. Boats? They do NOT need to be blessed either, though I would add them to "lootable but not stealable" list. Is that to say that books, and a select few others items, such as noobied clothing, are disastrous for Siege if blessed? No, it is simply saying they DO NOT NEED TO BE, and we'd be fine if they weren't. Speaking of boats btw, they definitely, whether blessed or lootable, need to have their whole lock/unlock plank crap removed. People should not be able to lock their boats, making it impossible for others to board.

Some may find suggestions of spell books/boats being lootable idiotic and oh so hurtful to Siege, but we'd do fine without them, and PvMers and crafters especially would certainly have more going for them. I never thought crafted needed crap like cbds, runics, powder of fort. That's not what crafters need. They need to be able to sell basic things like gm armor, and spell books, and people need to need the crafters to sell these things instead of running around in their blessed spellbooks, cursed arties, runic gear, and other overpowered crap.

Again, that's not to say it's horrible for Siege if spell books are blessed, but we do NOT need them to be and in fact it may be very good for Siege if they weren't.

I completely disagree with some other ideas of what "needs" to be blessed. Vet rewards most of all...wth? Vet rewards that give significant advantages (states/dye tubs/banners and such are fine....but ethy horses, reward cloaks and robes, and more are not), are bad for the game. We do NOT "need" ethy horses for instance to be blessable. They shouldn't even exist in the first place. That's just another item players are forced to get if they want to compete in PvP.

Siege Bless Item? NOR DO WE NEED one item of our choosing to be blessable on Siege. NO MAJOR COMBAT ITEMS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING PBDS, CBDABLE HATS, AND VET REWARDS HAVE ANY PLACE ON SIEGE. We do not "need" these items to be blessed on Siege. We do not "need" ANY items to be blessed on Siege.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand correctly. I've considered the possibility of them not being blessed, but Necromancers and Mages would get the shaft if they weren't. You can obtain Bushido/Chivalry books for almost nothing, while a mage/necro book will cost you a decent amount. Spellweaving books I won't pretend to know anything about

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand correctly. I've considered the possibility of them not being blessed, but Necromancers and Mages would get the shaft if they weren't. You can obtain Bushido/Chivalry books for almost nothing, while a mage/necro book will cost you a decent amount. Spellweaving books I won't pretend to know anything about

[/ QUOTE ]
The easiest book to get is Chivalry from the Paladins in Luna.
The next is Ninjitsu and Bushido from Evil Ninja and Ronin looted bodies.
Necromancer's and Mage's Spell books must be made by Inscription skill.
There is a problem here tho! Suppose no one would make you one! It can happen.
I remember just starting out how hard it was to get 8th level mage scrolls!
Or even 7th! Try putting a Mage's spell book together without a Scribe player.
Necromancy is simular! But, can be made by Scribes.
Spellweaving book and scrolls come from quests! I am not sure you can scribe a
Spellweaving book or their scrolls.
I wonder how many Spellbooks you can go through a PvP fight?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

"What must be blessed on Siege Perilous?"

Not a lot.

Spellbooks? No. Not if scribes were able to make ALL scrolls, for ALL skills.
Vet rewards? Yes. If you've shown a certain degree of loyalty, your reward for that should not be able to be taken away easily. Likewise, the buddy rewards should remain blessed, as should any NON COMBAT items which are promotional, and involve payment to EA.
Clothing? Yes, so long as it is made by a crafter. Having said that, if it is easy enough to replace, what need is there for blessings?
Siege Bless? Yes, unless ALL artifact/minor artifacts/etc are to be removed from play, or made far easier to obtain. I favor crafters - what a surprise.
House add-ons? No. Whatever for?!? Insanity.
Boats? No. Not in a million years. Bring back RUM!!! (although I DID hear pirate songs ringing across Mag's ruins yesterday - hooray!)
NPCs? No. Especially guards. If someone can call guards, the offender should be given a slight chance to beat them off, or escape!

Friendships. I always consider those a blessing. *smiles*

Caor Reod

Visitor
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, just because the guards didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen
Or just stop and drop all the nonsense and restore 1997 hiding/stealing back to the game and there'd be no issues.

And oh yes, also bring back NPC backpack loots which were stealable..

And please stop the silly thing with the skills that make no sense to affecting bonuses.

And bring back scroll usage (aka markets) that it won't require magery/eval int to be cast.

Last edited:

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow - correct me if I am wrong but this thread is older than my grandchildren except for the post before this one!

Citizenbushido

Adventurer
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check Caor Reod's posts. There are a total of 5 of them and they are all digging up old posts. Trollin.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hooray! A new hobby - I can randomly wander around posts, bumping into them. Oh, wait... that's not new at all.

There's only one thing here that I disagree with, which probably means I haven't read enough of this thread.
Anyway - BODs. No. Why are these blessed? Seriously? If you're a highwayman/thief/brigand/whatever, a tradesman taking his wares to market is a PRIME target! Being able to roll up your goods into an untouchable scroll is a good trick - I wish I could have done that last time I had to move (real) house - but... what?!? "I have several thousand gold pieces worth of valorite gloves here, but to avoid any risk at all, I wrap them in this old newspaper."
Just... no!

And yes, I am a crafter. Have been since day one.

Ok, early morning rant over. Where's my coffee?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hooray! A new hobby - I can randomly wander around posts, bumping into them. Oh, wait... that's not new at all.

There's only one thing here that I disagree with, which probably means I haven't read enough of this thread.
Anyway - BODs. No. Why are these blessed? Seriously? If you're a highwayman/thief/brigand/whatever, a tradesman taking his wares to market is a PRIME target! Being able to roll up your goods into an untouchable scroll is a good trick - I wish I could have done that last time I had to move (real) house - but... what?!? "I have several thousand gold pieces worth of valorite gloves here, but to avoid any risk at all, I wrap them in this old newspaper."
Just... no!

And yes, I am a crafter. Have been since day one.

Ok, early morning rant over. Where's my coffee?
No, day one you were a crying infant that pooped his diapers and drank milk.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, yes. See what happens when I haven't had my coffee? Severe confusion abounds, as does memory loss, and temporary (I hope) insanity.
I still don't think the concept of blessing your wares is right. I fully understand why people want it, but it still amounts to wrapping your wares in an old newspaper to keep them safe. And don't tell me it's a magical newspaper. Next you'll be wanting me to believe in dragons.