• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What mouse do you use to play UO?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What type of mouse do you use to play UO? How many buttons? Cord or Cordless? Track Ball or Lazer? Do you use a mouse you can add weight to? Do you use a standard mouse pad?

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have 2 systems one with a razer copperhead mouse and a logitech g15 keyboard... and my other system i use a razer deathadder chroma along with a razer blackwidow chroma keyboard. I have been happy with logitech or razer... make sure you invest in a nice gaming mouse pad.. razer makes a nice one i just upgraded to it razer vespula dual sided gaming mouse mat.. with a gel wrist pad.

Razer Vespula Gaming Mouse Mat - Dual-Sided Mouse Mat - Razer United States
Razer Blackwidow Series: Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Chroma - The World's Best Gaming Mouse

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Logitech M510 is my mouse of choice. After going wireless, I'll never go back.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a Logitech M100 corded mouse because they seem pretty tough but are very cheap and easy to replace (~$12 at Walmart) if they get knocked on the floor too many times (I move my laptop frequently from one area of the house to another). The first year or two that I played UO, I didn't even have a mouse for my laptop and just used the touchpad. Got a new HP laptop last week, nothing fancy about it other than it has a touch screen which my disabled grandson loves, loves, loves. Haven't had much time to play UO on it yet, though. However, during the few minutes that I did log into UO after copying over saved macros that I had archived, I was really disconcerted to find out that I have to hold down the "fn" key to make the function keys even work in UO! I need to research how to adjust that because that's just not gonna work, especially with any macros that use Shift or Control plus a function key.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small - try clicking, Start - Control Panel - Keyboard and look for the settings for the Function Keys. On my Thinkpad I had to check "Legacy" to stop from having to hold the FN key to use them.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a Logitech G600 corded mouse with 12 buttons on the side. The keyboard is just a basic Logitech K120. The mouse is wonderful since I can put all kinds of macros on those buttons and not have to move around as much. I tried the Razer version of this button monster when it first became available, haven't bought a Razer product since, thing died in a matter of months. This Logitech is holding up beautifully.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small - try clicking, Start - Control Panel - Keyboard and look for the settings for the Function Keys. On my Thinkpad I had to check "Legacy" to stop from having to hold the FN key to use them.
Thanks, Zeke! I think it might be a little more complicated with mine. Found a support article on the HP site that makes it sound like I probably have to change a setting in the BIOS. I need to familiarize myself a little more with the intended uses of this computer's function keys first before I get in there and change anything, especially as I'm also using this computer to help my grandson become more computer literate. Getting him to press the "fn" key in conjunction with the function keys might be more complicated than he can handle at this point.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the "non nerd" logitech with the big trackball for my index finger.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logitech M705

It is wireless, I have four of them for the four computers I use regularly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Microsoft 5000 wireless. It's big and heavy and doesn't hurt my hand like smaller mice. The button is for zooming in and out in the EC. I also always play standing up, BTW.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logitech G602. One button is set to cast recall/Sacred Journey, another is keyed to Vent, and another takes a screenshot...with lots of buttons to spare.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never really got into all the fancy mouse stuff, as long as it can click and scroll down on a website I am happy with it.

I use this one:

331589-hp-envy-700-030qe-mouse.jpg

Taka

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
Extra side key for spell and fast changing weapon.
Logitech G510s gaming keyboard
For also my spell and pot. Making pvp much easy and fast.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WP_20160415_20_20_58_Pro.jpg

To tell the truth though I use a Razer Naga MMO mouse, matches the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, and the Razer Nostromo game pad, though I do use a Corsair wireless headset.

For gaming I honestly prefer wired peripherals, for the most part, I never have to worry about a battery dying off, or a number of other potential issues. I've tried wireless mice, but they simply didn't do it for me, I always found a reason to go back.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
A X-LUCR Team Scorpion mouse and a carpet mousepad. ...and I HATE my mouse. The side buttons are always in the way. Someday I'll go back to a nice basic ergo 3-button from Logitech.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • CPU: Intel-Core-i7-6700K-4.0GHz-LGA-1151 Sky Lake
  • CPU Cooling: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 CPU Liquid Cooler
  • CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower
  • Power: Corsair RM1000i 1000W ATX12V / EPS 12V PLUS GOLD
  • Main Drive: SAMSUG 850 EVO 2.5" 2TB SAATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
  • 2nd Drive: Western Digital 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6GB/s 64MB Cache 3.5"
  • Mother Board: ASUS H170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intrel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
  • Memory: 2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR
  • Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • Monitor (Main): 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34.0" Diagonal) 34UC97-S
  • Monitor2: ASUS - 27" Widescreen Flat-Panel IPS LED HD Monitor - Black
  • Monitor3: SAMSUNG SE390 Series S27E390H Black 27" 4ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor
  • Microphone: Blue Yeti Blackout
  • Camera: Logitech c920 Pro
  • Mouse: Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
  • Keyboard: Razor Anansi