• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What mods do I want on a bow for a mystic archer?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly what the title states - going for examples of effective PvM bows :) very new to this template

Thanks!
Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And is it worth the time trying for a runic kit? Or should I just collect ingredients for imbuing?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And is it worth the time trying for a runic kit? Or should I just collect ingredients for imbuing?

You can imbue any slayer onto a bow. If you reforge you more than likely will not get a slayer. If you are going mystic I don't know if you need spell channel or not for the spells. So Slayer and mana leech seem to be the main ones you need. If you are dropping RC to tank you can re equip wep after casting or just get the spell channel. So that would be four properties with dmg inc. So the fifth is up to you which is the best part of imbuing you get to choose. Don't forget to use powder of fort on the weapon before imbuing. Good luck

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I find HLD to be a necessity on ranged items. Otherwise, even at 120 weapon skill, I miss a ton. Spell channeling will effectively take two mods, but at 120/120 focus/mystic the "enchant" spell will grant your weapon 60% hitspell and spell channeling with fc -1 for ~2.5 mins. That might not be long enough to be useful in a long pvm encounter, bit you could compensate with 3/6 jewels or by adding fc1 to weapon. Slayers are great but tale up a lot of room. If you have tactics in your build velocity is a good choice for weapons with moving shot (repeater/comp bow) but I feel more comfortable with hit lightning in most cases as velocity requires you stand in a sweet spot towards the end of your range to do maximum damage. Hit mana leech is nice but fairly useless on ranged weapons because of the necessity of swingspeed (I think 37 is the most you can have at 40ssi). Also, SDI increases hit fireball/hit lightning damage.