• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What makes a good PvP weapon?

• Thread starter imported_Shamano
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Shamano

Just like the subject says. I know that PvM weaps and PvP weaps are not created equal, so what attributes makes a weapon good for PvP other then swing speed increase?

G

SSI
HCI
Damage
HLD

When it comes to hit spells they can be a bit tricky as to whats good and what backfires on you.

for example.

Bone Harvester (or bokuto) has paralyzing blow (or nerve strike) as a special. Well you don't exactly want a delay hit spell on it like (Fireball & Magic Arrow) if you plan on USING the special. It would be much better to have one of the hit spells that proc before the actual weapon hit (Lighting, Harm). This also disrupts your enemy if he's casting a spell (assuming he's not under the effect of the protection spell) so you don't get the "Target is already frozen" message and waste mana for no effect.

If you're on an archer running people down with moving shot it's ussually best not to HAVE a hit spell on your moving shot bow. Reason for this is when a hit spell procs your character freezes in place for just a fraction of a second (im not sure why) but it can give your target the tiles needed to stay out of range of your shots.

If you're on a stealther, and you hide after hitting someone when your delay hit spell goes off, when the spell lands it will reveal you.

I can't think of anymore examples so I hope this helps a bit.