• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What last skill would you suggest for this template (Tamer/Bard)?

U

ultima77

Currently, I'm at...
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco
110 Magery

I actually have 120 Skill points left over (50 from jewelry, 10 from Scrappers, 10 from Talisman)

What skill should take up that last 120 spot?
Peacemaking seems like a logical and easy choice...is it useful for higher-end hunting?
I have a little under 100 Provocation stoned, but it seems like it would be too difficult to raise to 120.
Spellweaving is intriguing, but probably not feasible without meditation.

Any other thoughts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have spell weave on my tamer bard and peace instead of disko peace in combo with disco would be good and dont forget the added damage from fire horn also! alot of people forget about that !

spellweave is fun as to how effective it is depends on how many you have in arcane circle
but if you have no circle can be very usfull cast gift of life on you or your pet and ii can rez you on death this is great especialy if you play alone alot then there is wod that can do massive damage in the hundreds also gift of renewal is handy !

just kinda depends on what you are going for I sometime stone weave and put lockpick on and go to different dungeons an while my pets are killing I pick and loot chests and once you get to know where they are and spawn times you can pull realy good cash !

you could also max out your current stats to get more stable slots and put remaining points in another skill

anyway good luck kinda curious what others do!!

oh and one key is make sure and have as much mana regen in suit as possible I would go for 8 atleast and be a elf for the 20pts in mana and any mana increase is a plus I run fine with 150 plus

S

SwordBlaze

120 spellweaving is nice but like you said, not realistic without med. Provocation is great at 120, if you add that you could probably solo doom.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd work up provo and soulstone peace. Yeah voke takes a while - still working it myself, but I like having a tamer who can kill spawn effectively without her pets. And I find voke is far more fun. Having a good tank pet while you're voking alongside them is a blast.

Wenchy

S

Seismic

What about med?? Is it not required nowadays if you get an minimum MR 8 suit? If so, that would really help my template... but I do like running a luck suit - big sacrifices made for high amounts of luck (usually LRC only the suit, a little LMC, and a little MR)..

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A MR suit isn't as potent these days, they changed the effect you get from MR items.

I once used MR items and didn't feel like med was a loss, but I sure did once the change came in! I always conserve mana with my mages anyway, so they don't use med, but I still found my weaver was in need of the med skill to really use spellweaving fully. Weaving spells burn mana like there's no tomorrow unfortunately. You either use them very sparingly, or add med.

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

Like Wenchy said, SW burns thru mana and depending on your shard and the people you know, it can be very difficult to get a decent SW focus.

Personally, I would add Peace and Med and stone one as needed. Peace is great for taming and controlling mobs. Med obviously makes you Magery more useful.

V

Vertigo

Provo for sure.
That template is nearly identical to mine.