• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What kind of PvP do you participate in?

What kind of PvP do you participate in?

• Anti-PvP (Defend areas and hunt the unhonorable pks)

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • FFA PVP (kill everyone else/any tactic to win)

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Honor-PVP (no ganking/"cheap tactics" but otherwise pvp)

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Lone Wolf (includes you and your 2 friends, ect.)

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Greifer (Play MMOs to escape reality and blow steam)

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Jumper (Go with whatever guild controls the best resources)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RP PvP (Roleplay while you PvP)

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I do not PvP or Abstain from this poll.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Other (Explain with a reply).

Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know what kind of PvP community exists in Ultima Online.. ... If you think I've missed a PvP archetype please feel free to select the best suited option and educate me.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chose FFA PVP (kill everyone else/any tactic to win)

But I don't know what you mean exactly by "any tactic" to win.

I don't use any 3rd party programs for instance (unlike the majority of PvPers these days)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think you forgot a choice. Not all players do PvP.
I like RP to be a part of PvP but not always possible so I'¨m a lonely vampire/wolf too:)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You also forgot choices for non agressive PvP'ers who don't mind PvP but only will PvP when attacked or will die or try to run.

I think it was wrong only to allow active PvP'ers to vote. Even on a shard like Siege we do have non PvP'ers who choose to play on a PvP shard with risk for getting PK'ed.

Sure it's your choice but players love polls, even if there choice will be not doing what the poll is about :)

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You also forgot choices for non agressive PvP'ers who don't mind PvP but only will PvP when attacked or will die or try to run.

Honestly, I didn't think about it! PvP "Gaming" was the only word on my mind..

*continues to run away*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Honestly, I didn't think about it! PvP "Gaming" was the only word on my mind..

*continues to run away*
It's ok, easy to forget what's not in yout mind :p
And don't run, remember you are a PvP'er :D

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

None of the above.

I do champ spawns. Everywhere else is FFA apart from killing miners/LJ'ers which is just pointless. (in case thats not clear pointless = I don't do it)

Res killing - not of the random blues, for example on Atlantic theres often guilds you 'know' are primarily tram based guilds. I would attack & if I get the kill would usually offer the res. (wether they take it or not has gone both ways)
Though if it's a fel guild or certain player that I know has irritated me in someway in the past then I will probably go out of my way to keep them dead and collect as much as I can off them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think it was wrong only to allow active PvP'ers to vote. Even on a shard like Siege we do have non PvP'ers who choose to play on a PvP shard with risk for getting PK'ed.

Sure it's your choice but players love polls, even if there choice will be not doing what the poll is about :)
That one would have gotten my vote if it were on the list.

I only PvP when attacked, but I'm not opposed to a fight, even if I usually lose.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok, easy to forget what's not in yout mind :p
And don't run, remember you are a PvP'er :D
I do RP-PvP... I'm a roleplayer on Pacific and Catskills, so I don't PvP unless roleplaying is involved...... :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm. I try to always be honorable in PvP, but I have occasionally participated in a gank or ambush. What I don't do, as a general rule, is gate PvP. Field fighting, champs, harry's, faction PvP are all great fun, gate fighting is not.

M

Masumatek

An honorable lone wolf pvp rper who attacks almost everyone.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kill em all, gank or alone i fight! unless its a stupid no skill tamer:/

N

Nisse/Ubbe

Im a feluccan so i pvp when i need to and when im in faction

S

Sip-n-Shine

Well there are two way i try the anti/lone wolf. Iam sure all ways are fun.

L

Loqucious

I participate by running what may be the largest PVP vendor house of any shard and have run this vendor house for several years. I get tons of customers and it makes me happy to help the PVP environment.

:)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
other - i house hide and sick pets on greys fo a killshot once in awhile. mostly i res guildmates and thier pets.

if i even get to the gate more than once a month. lol.

I are not teh leetzor pee veee pee err

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greifer (Play MMOs to escape reality and blow steam)
Ummm, it's "griefer".

Oh yeah, and you left off playing a thief. I as a player am stealing from another player, thus, PvP...la

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im a mix actually....

Im a lone wolf who fights anyone, but I also have a gimpy stealth archer that dismounts/ganks/kills anyone. My stealther just kills anyohne and everyone for the gold. I had an experiment. I started with 100k in the bank just to set a bar and have enough insurance to cover any deaths i might get...

I havnt added any gold to the bank what so ever, and hes well over 2.4mil in less than three months.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Involuntary PvP - This is where you are usually minding your buisness and enjoying your gaming experience and some PK guild shows up in large numbers and start casting on you 5 to 1 because they think they own the whole facet.

M

Mythic

Anti- gank PvP, I like watching duels. And usually if I see anyone getting para ganked, Ill heal best I can. Defensive PvP Only attacking when attacked and Ive never called guards on anyone ever! goofy ass vendor buy me a drink for the bank guards macroed poo.

M

Mayadevi

I choose "other" for "accidental"

I'm horrid at PvP.

I go to Fel and get killed alot though ! When I DO manage to kill someone it's usually an accident. :

" I killed you ?!? OMG"

*whoots*

*dances on corpse*

*blushes*

"opppse sorry. Here ! Have a cookie !"

*scampers*

Mayadevi

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other - retired.
I used to be in factions, fight some battles between groups of people (not necessarily guilds), defend champ spawns from invaders.
So mainly Feluccan survival, defence and some fun in larger groups. Never dueled.

P

Prince Caspian

The only roleplaying PKs I ever saw were the 3EDs guild on Catskills.

They had a very unique approach... like the Ed Edd and Eddy cartoon characters they were named after, they were incredibly incompetent. They were red, they would attack players, but they would never kill the players. In fact, they usually ended up killing each other in a comedic fashion.

For instance I remember getting para'ed by Edd, and then Eddy emoted passing a bomb box to Ed, saying "You know what to do, monobrow." Then Ed yelled COOKIES YUM YUM and the others yelled NO ED..... boom. Ed keels over dead in an explosion. The others recall out, leaving me untouched, yet still para'ed.

I still really dont understand if these guys were just bored or what.

J

Jafanarae

That's great! There should be more of that. Could you box those guys up and ship them over to Drach as a pressie for me please? :)

D

Dreadlord Galaad

Ive some troubles to understand that one :
"RP PvP (Roleplay while you PvP)"

Are you talking about some RP players?!? Do you mean that people will sit down. Get a table and some chairs from their backpack. They will sit around the table, place dices on the table, ask their GM and start rolling dices? First rolls to know if they hit. Second rolls to know the damages, or something like that? :confused:

M

Mayadevi

The only roleplaying PKs I ever saw were the 3EDs guild on Catskills.

They had a very unique approach... like the Ed Edd and Eddy cartoon characters they were named after, they were incredibly incompetent. They were red, they would attack players, but they would never kill the players. In fact, they usually ended up killing each other in a comedic fashion.

For instance I remember getting para'ed by Edd, and then Eddy emoted passing a bomb box to Ed, saying "You know what to do, monobrow." Then Ed yelled COOKIES YUM YUM and the others yelled NO ED..... boom. Ed keels over dead in an explosion. The others recall out, leaving me untouched, yet still para'ed.

I still really dont understand if these guys were just bored or what.
I wanna play with those folks ! They sound like fun, 'long as I am getting blown up and killed and all ! Maybe they an do a tour !

(edited for bad typing;)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only PvP in self defence. If im attacked i will always fight to the death. But i will never start a fight. :sword:

D

Desperado

Currently its me verse scripter and the reds who defend them :thumbdown: