• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is Your Highest Skill Point Character?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
(yeah.. NOT Toon :p )

With all of the + items out there these days I thought I would see what the highest skill point Char I had was. My Fisher/Bard/Thief is the highest one I personally have... 899.9 points. When I finally get that last .1 in Provo I will hit 900. *shrugs* Figured there has to be others out there higher...

Kapt.jpg

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all of the + items out there these days I thought I would see what the highest skill point Char I had was. My Fisher/Bard/Thief is the highest one I personally have... 899.9 points. When I finally get that last .1 in Provo I will hit 900. *shrugs* Figured there has to be others out there higher...
and in a game that was designed around a 700 skill point principle, which worked pretty well. Enough said. This game is screwed beyond recognition.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
and in a game that was designed around a 700 skill point principle, which worked pretty well. Enough said. This game is screwed beyond recognition.
The strange part?.... there is not a single legendary piece on this char.. so could be higher.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hmm my highest is 780, I never have trusted using skill items to make a template. I have had too many insured/blessed items drop to my corpse(lost many) to trust my Character build to items, with skills, that are not easily replaced.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
846, my blacksmith/macer that mines in Ilshenar to deliberately try to bring up paragon ore elementals.

Honorable mentions:
805: My melee TH
841: My tamer/bard (disco & provo), once I get about 8 points reassigned (reconfigured suit for better luck and more real taming & lore skill, meant I had to shift 15 skill points around to put a ring's bonuses into vet)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Age of **** destroyed even a 720 skill set
Y'all say that like it is a bad thing ;)

I don't think AOS is what really made the 720 fall by the wayside, well not as much as Legendaries have at any rate. Before that you had to decide if you wanted skill or enhancing mods on your jewls, occasionally both. But the Legendaries have allowed anyone who wants it to have their cake and eat it too. Of course they do wear out kind of quick and you will have to replace them... so the market for the right combos should be never ending..

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I see many Tamers and bards, arent you worried about losing luck on the suit for skill?
I understand having more skill on a fighter/mage temp but not for tamers or bards where you would want to be wear luck on all the bits

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In my case, I was more concerned with getting my template (6x120, with 100+ in Magery) than luck, because at the time the character was created, luck never appeared to work properly.

Since then, I've managed to work up to 1075 luck on the suit. I'm sure if I wanted to liquidate my collection of rares, I could probably come close to 2000 luck by buying better stuff, but I'm comfortable staying with my own loots and crafts. I also hunt in groups a lot with people I'm constantly having to rez because their suits put luck at the top of the requirement list, and I'd rather live and take the chance I might get their luck bonus, than increase the chance of a TPK that would prolong or end the fight.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I prefer skill over luck.
That peace/disco/tamer is pretty fun to play with, so that beats having high luck by miles.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I see many Tamers and bards, arent you worried about losing luck on the suit for skill?
I understand having more skill on a fighter/mage temp but not for tamers or bards where you would want to be wear luck on all the bits
In all honesty I have given up on luck when it comes to my tamer. Sure, I have a luck suit that I toss on every once in a while to see if it actually works but it never seems to. I can get up to 3k luck and still get just junk off of anything I kill (Medusa, Mel, Styg Drag et al) when I am on my tamer. Now, throw 3k on my Sampire and kill those same mobs or even easier critters? Even without the honor bonus I can snag plenty of lootable stuff. It's almost like the rng calculates the luck of the critter doing the damage instead of high luck suit on the tamer.

Or that has been my experience at any rate...