• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is with all the IDOC homes as of late??

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there was always the occasional IDOC but it seems (and maybe I am just looking for them more at the moment) that there are way more than normal. If there are many more on Pacific it will be empty (more than it is already)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They fixed Return to Brit houses that were not decaying so they all decayed and are falling.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there was always the occasional IDOC but it seems (and maybe I am just looking for them more at the moment) that there are way more than normal. If there are many more on Pacific it will be empty (more than it is already)
Its not only Return To Britannia but *ALL* ownerless homes. Its an undocumented change they made so every ownerless house will fall but they have spread them out and randomized them so just because they are 90 days inactive they dont fall or we would have had mass falls on all shards at same time crashing house server so some are sped up and some are slowed down with random times to start decay in their queue.

Happy IDOC hunting!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope - same number of players as before, just now housing and players match up.
Yep, it finally explains why there were so many houses and so few players. I always thought there must be a lot of players just paying subscriptions to keep their houses active and not logging in (that's what I do when I take breaks from the game). Now I know better and I'm learning to love the green space.

Sariah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm on Great Lakes and there seem to be more IDOCs than other houses. Guess a lot of people don't play anymore.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, and I think it's safe to say that on average there are probably a minimum of 2 accounts for each person (meaning some people have single accounts, some have three or more, thus averaging it out). So count the number of houses on your shard and divide it by 2 or 3 (or more!) and that's the number of actual players.

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, and I think it's safe to say that on average there are probably a minimum of 2 accounts for each person (meaning some people have single accounts, some have three or more, thus averaging it out). So count the number of houses on your shard and divide it by 2 or 3 (or more!) and that's the number of actual players.
Sounds about spot on for population head counting....id say divide housing by 2 and thats more than generous estimate...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one for yas all..not all the bugged houses, the RTBs and unnamed/no owner houses have fell.......so maybe this is just phase 1.... i think we all need to catch our breath anyways b4 the next decay stage starts...this is based on freinds/idocers that have RTBs still standing...the un-named/no owner houses u can clearly see and idoc experaince over many years of playing.....Thankyou

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one for yas all..not all the bugged houses, the RTBs and unnamed/no owner houses have fell.......so maybe this is just phase 1.... i think we all need to catch our breath anyways b4 the next decay stage starts...this is based on freinds/idocers that have RTBs still standing...the un-named/no owner houses u can clearly see and idoc experaince over many years of playing.....Thankyou
Yeah, though I couldn't pass up the IDOCs, towards the end I was really sick of doing nothing but watching houses fall....so if this is indeed Phase 1, I'm glad for the rest so I can get back to playing. I am very curious to know how many houses remaining are actually bugged, versus how many are just sitting there because they're owned by people with recurring payments on their subscriptions, who simply don't play. When I take breaks from the game I make sure that my accounts stay paid up as I live in fear of losing my house because of some screw-up in accounting at EA. Not sure how hard it would be, but it would be kind of nice to have the house sign reflect the last time an owner logged on, maybe with things like "this house appears to be abandoned" (if it has sat for over 90 days without a visit). Maybe even make it a new ability of the forensic skill *laughs*, god knows that skill needs some added functionality. Maybe making "camping" and "forensics" part of a new template for IDOC campers :p