• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is/was your favourite guild?

• Thread starter Nadia of_Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nadia of_Sonoma

Was having a discussion earlier about Sonoma guilds past and present and am really just curious, what is/was your favourite Sonoma guild that you were never part of. In other words, what other guilds from the shard did you always admire and think highly of?

For me, I'd have to say NUB and DP. NUB because they always just ran around collecting deathrobes for DeathRage with no ego and no purpose save that of having fun and getting people together to do things on a regular basis. DP because they were just so original (in my experience) and on a consistent basis actively promoted, encouraged and guided players from Trammel to venture into Felucca, not to mention some of the best rp'd characters that I can remember.

I know there are other guilds out there that are worth a salute, so who can you think of that deserves a nod for making Sonoma Sonoma?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That we were not apart of?

Oh that makes it hard, ive been a member of alot of great guilds.

But if I had to pick one where I was not a member, I would have to say NUB as well.

D

Dor of Sonoma

DP was at the top of my list, too. *grins* NUB as well, of course.

But much of my admiration also went to the darker side, as somehow they always seemed to have that 'spark' and managed to be consistently entertaining (whether you liked them or not):

OCH (Order of the Crimson Hand) They were such practiced thieves that they stole the entire Isle of Moonglow!

DLS (Dark Lords of Sonoma) Keys...need I say more? ;-)

OGD (Order of the Golden Dawn) Arshes Nei, Meursault, Trisken, Gara...thank god they weren't my enemies :)

BLD (Bloodrock Clan(?) GRUNK! And...ruKnAr!! And Glendor! *salaams*

MT (Mage Tower) Awesome players who ran awesome events...Qaladar, Aurin Wildfire, Aegis Delamere...

WL (WarLords) the original WL, not the pale clone...NecroLyte, Necromancer, Alexander, Kain Hellbane...they were THE Evil guild on Sonoma until the end of the Interest Program. Great PvPers and consummate roleplayers, in one, impressive package

There are more, but I am sleepy. *grins* I shall try to revisit this when I am more awake. :)

By the way, great thread Nadia!

M

Miri

It's Nadia again!

I would have to say DP..those guys were just cool as far as I was concerned. Harmony was amazing..many times during my explorations in Felucca (incognito and usually dead *laughs*) I would see her in Khaldun enforcing the law...they were all unique, funny and very talented. I enjoyed reading the stories of their exploits the website too.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was never much of a guild person, but I must say that my uncles guild, UGK was my first real guild. Did some with them, but at 14 yrs old, you dont have as much interest in doing some of the things they did.

Then I*L. Me and good friends from game were in that. Had alot of fun with PvP, but times changed and people quit.

*break for long time from guilds*

Now I would have to say E^E. Could not live on UO w/o the friendships that I have made in there. Left guild a few weeks back and joined up with !U! for a couple days, but it wasnt the same w/o Castors daily comments, the crazy people and the stuff the they do and say in game and in TS.

C

coldasice

Have to say EFL of old. I was with them a short time though. I just remember never being at a champ spawn without them showing up. If you cant beat em join em they say. :p. Now I have to agree with Dark Stone and say E^E, The guild is like a family and we help each other out all the time. I also have to agree about Castors comments he makes teamspeak alot of fun.

N

Ningauble of III

Actually, I do have to make a couple of additions. Back in faction days, "enemies" that they were and all, I gotta say P*W and RRO had some of THE coolest people in UO...even if they were orange to me. Abby Normal, Realtor, Deb O'Conner, Bulvine, Lillian, Balidor and such were much fun to fight against, hang out with, and later guild with in Thunderchickens as well as in DAoC.

M

Mandolin

*tackles and hugs Nadia*

Edits post after re-reading.. pfft.. I'd really have to reach back to braincells long killed by empty beer cans.. Off the top of my head, GTH comes to mind.

T

Trinsauce

favorite guild of all time... PkP hands down... factions and 45 guildwars with competent members cross healing and workin as a unit... ya can't top that...

playing along side members such as Sparhawk Jr, Black Talon, PhireHawk, Mist, PrettyWoman, Edge and some of the newer members Cyrus Bain, Mana-Man, Malice, Jaric, and various others... The times I had in that guild were memorable and 100% fun times...

Suicidal Gnome

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old EFL. THE OLD OLD EFL...

Quasar, Me, Chad Sexington, Snakebite, Mundayne, Razael all the cool cats when EFL was actually meant to be something. Fighting in the swamps with KB and KQ, Running champ spawns and harrowers. That was the best guild I was ever in.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

The old EFL. THE OLD OLD EFL...

Quasar, Me, Chad Sexington, Snakebite, Mundayne, Razael all the cool cats when EFL was actually meant to be something. Fighting in the swamps with KB and KQ, Running champ spawns and harrowers. That was the best guild I was ever in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember all of those fights Gnome... I thoroughly enjoyed fighting yall... Was a bit dissappointed to see Mund take like 8 of u to FL's original shard... he took a lot of the fights away from Sonoma... We always seemed to end up fighting at ice west as much as at ur GH and our castle when I was KQ... fun times...

Anyhow bring yo ass back to UO and join my guild buddy...

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there has to be a DP member besides myself left.

Does anyone know any that are actively playing besides me?

It was one of my favorite guilds that I have ever been in.

J

Jester of Sonoma

the one guild I remember the most, pre ren was 409.
H.O.G. is another.

N

Ningauble of III

Ahh, the old HOG. I still have 2 characters sporting the HOG tag.

R

Riverhawk

I'll bite on this one. I was one of the leaders of an old guild from the begining of Sonoma VIB (Virtuous In Blood). I had the honor of being made the ambassador to the Sonoma Alliance that was spearheaded by King David of PAS. I met alot of honorable guilds that I had respect for. Though I've never been a member of PAS or KVP, I alway had a strong respect for them. Where our guild fell apart from 50 to now about 2 members, those two guilds appear to have hung in there. Good job guys.

My old character was River T, long since deceased. (I came back two years ago and started over)

P

PhireHawk_PkP

<blockquote><hr>

favorite guild of all time... PkP hands down... factions and 45 guildwars with competent members cross healing and workin as a unit... ya can't top that...

playing along side members such as Sparhawk Jr, Black Talon, PhireHawk, Mist, PrettyWoman, Edge and some of the newer members Cyrus Bain, Mana-Man, Malice, Jaric, and various others... The times I had in that guild were memorable and 100% fun times...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that was the best 2 years of my UO career. I had so much playing with all you guys.

For me, PkP was actually my 2nd favorite guild of all time. My first is the guild we formed at the end of UO and carried with us into Shadowbane which is actually the guild I'm still part of - Forsaken. This guild, in essence, is the guild that was formed when the remaining members of PkP and UGK joined together for factions.

After that would be E. That was the guild Ba Ba Booey, Mesdoram Elmdor, Myself, Arize and Kyndrith formed. To get into it, you had to beat 2 of us in a duel. hehe. There weren't too many members. :p

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I beat mes once!

He yelled at me later becuase he lost connection.

I miss mes =[

He was one of the most loyal friends I ever had on UO.

What ever happened to booey and Kyndrith? They on shadowbane with you?

If so tell them hunter the bard says hi.

Maybe someday you and the rest of the old PkP members will come back and show all these new age guys what real PvP is.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahhh... ViB! How could I leave out ViB?!

*smacks self*

Some of my favorite people ever, were in ViB. *grins* Jeffrey, Prowse, Griffyn (for awhile), SlayerKiller, Valentine...

I finally got to meet Prowse in real life this past summer, and we spent some time reminiscing about ViB. *grins* Good times, good times. :)

R

Riverhawk

Dor, do you remember Mastermind II of SAS? He used to create alot of fun for us. I think he was VIB's number one target for quite some time. Anytime he was spotted, we'd round up a possy of people on from the SA and go hunt him down.

H

Horizon

I have to go back to my roots. My favorite was OTE. It's where I learned to play the game.

I loved DP, and had some friends in it. It made it all the more fun.

The most fun that I had in a guild was Access of Evil. In the beginning, that was a blast.

P

PhireHawk_PkP

We're not playing Shadowbane anymore...

Most of the guild is still playing WoW... I quit because that game was more carebear than Trammel.

The ex-UO players are all playing on a player run UO shard.

I'll never pay for OSI again, sorry Hunter.

D

dreffenrahl

<blockquote><hr>

Most of the guild is still playing WoW... I quit because that game was more carebear than Trammel.

[/ QUOTE ]

PvP servers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We're not playing Shadowbane anymore...

The ex-UO players are all playing on a player run UO shard.

I'll never pay for OSI again, sorry Hunter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadowbane was neat. The GvG was ridiculously awesome. Other then that though, the camera controls sucked.
WOW is just monster bashing, I tried, a 4thtime to get into it, but could'nt. UO is getting really, really, really dull about to say good bye, I am waiting for DarkFall to come to be honest.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Haha...MM? Of course I remember him! :)

I'm afraid that I unnerved him by liking him. Heh...sorry about that, Garen. :p

If you scroll down the page at this site: http://www.bobplex.org/YMCA/html/modules.php?name=whoswhoold , you'll find MM and some other ghosts from the past. :)

*grins* That reminds me of The Great Thanksgiving Massacre ('98), when I was PKed for the first time ever (by MM) after hours and hours of massive fighting. That was an amazing day.

S

Syrus_Rane

I've been in alot of great guilds. DP was fun, AOE was fun for a while when it was first started. The EFL of old like Gnome was talking about was probably one of my favorites though. I had so much fun being with them and so much fun fighting them. I can't even remember all the great guilds i've been in and I know ive been in a few.

K

kleptobyte

COD was the favorite for me. Not the one running around now. The one back in 2000 was mad fun.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
COD! I remember COD, COD and GOH always did stuff together, GOH always had alot more fun with them then we did with our other allies, I remember hosting a fishing net toss once, about 15 COD came, 20 GOH and then poor pluffina got dragged along to do the report, almost everyone died, but it was one of the best guild hunts I had ever been on.