• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is Up With Drakes

• Thread starter joblackjon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

joblackjon

I've had 2 high-end Tamers. I am somewhat expeience in the art of Taming. Lost one Tamer when my 10 year old nephew deleted him (it was my own fault...never should have let him on my main account/shard!). So I started a new but advanced Tamer.

His current Taming = 85.2 and Lore = 86.9 (with no jewelry) and he's using a normal instrument.

The Stratic's Hunter's Guide says a Drake requires 84.3 Taming. I made 100 attempts to Tame a Drake in Destard and finally killed the beast. I then isolated another Drake and after 100 Taming attemps, I left. Not one single successful Taming attempt in 200 tries!!!

Am I that unlucky, is this the RNG-thing or am I missing something?

1st Edit...

I should add that I also used another Advance Character token to add Barding to this char. So the char was Peacing Drakes each time.

2nd edit...

So I switched to Ridgebacks. They (according to Stratic's Hunter's Guide) require 83.1 Taming versus the Drakes 84.3 Taming...note the enormous 1.2 difference!!! I tamed 2 Ridgebacks in 8 attempts and received a Taming gain.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chances on taming attempts dont take the miss-trys into account. (You seem to anger the beast.)
From the sticky FAQ: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php
Enter your tame + lore. Check succes 0 pretames and maybe sortz by skill. For best gains pick out animals/monsters with about 50% tame succes. If you're having the resources, you could bump up your taming with items (talisman, jewels) up to 110 or more and try ridgebacks.
Btw ... have you tried to get your character restored? Sometimes ppl are lucky and getting there deleted chars back. (Might take a while and often those coming back nacked ... but training taming needs some time.)

5% Luck

Bulls only bulls till gm then drop the jewlery till gm again then its ki-rins! all said 30 hours!