• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what is this?

• Thread starter ShintoMonk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

ShintoMonk

I have seen it a couple of time , but I have not seen anybody around it to ask them what it is

I

imported_Castor

VMP guild desecrating the ground as a warning to blues.

S

ShintoMonk

they should clean up thier trash when they are finished , hehe

G

When I was patrolling more regularly I carried a white tub to help me remove the curse.

F

Feyre

<blockquote><hr>

VMP guild desecrating the ground as a warning to blues.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here i thought it was a warning that 6 stealth tamers were on thier way, followed by some blue mages.

G

Well, just 9 more of them, and you have yourself a fine skirt or dress that is suitable for any occasion.

-Skylark

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I see these markers all the time... I see them as saying: Hello to other VmP
players this area has been searched. Do not waste your time here! Keep looking
for victums.

So, I just pick them up and trash it.

G

When VmP used to roleplay it was called a vampiric curse. Now it's just garbage.

P

phreephisher

i like to set them on fire and warm my self up. the cloth helps them catch in this extreme cold. i thought they were a public service!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

i like to set them on fire and warm my self up. the cloth helps them catch in this extreme cold. i thought they were a public service!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little better at least. But, has anyone ever wondered why the vampires stopped role playing on Siege? *scrolls back through the posts* Just an observation.

F

Feyre

I heard it was the mass recruiting, and the low quality of characters they aquired because of it.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I heard it was the mass recruiting, and the low quality of characters they aquired because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not disagreeing with you.. Actually, I concur that is a large part of the reason that only two or three still RP in the guild. I don't think its the only reason though. Most RP's don't expect people to participate or even appreciate their play style. But, majority of the RP's I've know do expect respect for the efforts. And, when there isn't even that.. they give up.

F

Feyre

The problem is ive been pretty good friends with many people in vmp over the years, and vmp as a whole has never roleplayed, no matter how many times you say it, it will never be true.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

The problem is ive been pretty good friends with many people in vmp over the years, and vmp as a whole has never roleplayed, no matter how many times you say it, it will never be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

They have always done a few things like "cursing the land" and running a few
text macros that are easy for everyone to do. I don't think I have EVER seen a
single VmP member... except a temporary member, claim that VmP RPs.

The people who complain about VmP's RP are hilarious to me. You want them
to stand around chatting while you call in your back up, and load up a combo.
lol

VmP WILL RP if you let them know you want to..... but they don't just run around
RPing. They run around killing... and in a sense that is it's own RP.

Cheers!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

The people who complain about VmP's RP are hilarious to me. You want them to stand around chatting while you call in your back up, and load up a combo. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true!

<blockquote><hr>

VmP WILL RP if you let them know you want to..... but they don't just run around RPing. They run around killing... and in a sense that is it's own RP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.. and both statements were sort of what I was getting at. You worded it much better than me though. VmP is a PK/PvP guild.. and with the way PvP works these days.. its nearly impossible to RP and PvP at the same time. Think you hit the nail on the however when you said they never were an RP guild. The background of VmP is RP.. and yes.. WyRm and a few others will certainly stay in character if you're there to talk, trade, etc. But, for anyone who flags on a VmP (or any other RP guild that participates in PvP.. lets remove VmP from the exlusitivity of this conversation) before saying a single word during each and every encounter.. then come to the boards and make fun of them for their "lack of Role Playing".. that's plain stupid.

G

Ginsu-SP

VmP's outward style (the way they present themselves to the shard) has not
changed at all... IMO. I don't remember them doing anything differently than
they do now.

Maybe what they talk about among themslves is different... but that is certainly
not what anyone is coming to the boards complaining about in regard to their RP.

Cheers!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe what they talk about among themslves is different... but that is certainly not what anyone is coming to the boards complaining about in regard to their RP.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrugs* Almost every encounter I've had with VmP since I came to Siege I experienced varied levels of RP.. from long conversations with WyRm to skirmishes in Iantown and Wintermoor ending in claims to conquer/vanquish each other one day at the end of the battle(s).

I think these words state it best.. "not what anyone is coming to the boards complaining about".

G

Miserable imps... Despicable blues... Dare to touch our curses and have the rest of your pathetic day cursed with bad luck......

Sosaria is ours ! Stay away from our cursed areas if you care about your unfaithful life.... Farm at the cursed locations at your own risk,.,.,.
MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

F

Feyre

<blockquote><hr>

Happy fellows... Loved Reds... Please to touch our blesses and have the rest of your fun day blessed with great luck......

Sosaria is yours ! Come over to our blessed areas if you feel like dancing.... Farm at the blessed locations at your own leisure,.,.,.
*hearty chuckle*

[/ QUOTE ]

*fixed

G

<blockquote><hr>

When VmP used to roleplay it was called a vampiric curse. Now it's just garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually I have always liked seeing them, as if nothing else, it is evidence that someone has been around within the decay timer for unsecured items, and it is still cute as a signature. I routinely swiped them in the distant past when I found them somewhere I consider "my" turf (like in front of my house
). I also had an RP purpose back then, as I was making black clothing for the many funerals we held because of them. A few members of KSS also used to enjoy dyeing them KSS blue ages ago - it was always fun to come across them first black, then blue in the same evening as the two guild's patrol paths crossed at different times.

-Skylark

G

I'm with Kelmo. It's a bandage and a light, generously donated by Vmp. Otherwise meaningless.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I agree.

I've always enjoyed seeing proof of someone who took the (however brief) time and effort to mark their own passage and stake their 'claim'.

Hehe...still makes me shiver sometimes, as well. :)

*has been known to alter her travel plans on occasion*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe...still makes me shiver sometimes, as well. :)

*has been known to alter her travel plans on occasion*

[/ QUOTE ]

Clever blue, clever blue... But thou shalst be found.... for the trees have eyes, the rabbits have ears and the wind can smell....

Mark my words, milady... The blues are treacherous ones... All of them have their prices, and with the proper payment... your location can be.......revealed !

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhhahahahahahahahahahaahah

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

wind can smell....

[/ QUOTE ]
I know mine does.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wind can smell....

[/ QUOTE ]
I know mine does.

[/ QUOTE ]

*makes note to stay upwind of Daan at all times*

-Skylark

G

Ya know how male dogs go trotting about the yards and neighborhoods, then they take a leak over a bush thinking they marking their territory ??? Then another dog comes along and takes a leak right over the same spot marking his turf...remarking the territory anew. Rinse repeat !

So when I see that marking, I just torch up the kindling makes a toasty lil warm fire, and then I redye the black VMP cloth a wonderous array of smurfy <font color="blue"> BLUES </font>. Tis my way to say...a practical crafter is gonna use the cloth anyhow, or just make it such a shade of <font color="blue">blue </font> that it makes some one's eyes; bleed <font color="red">red </font> to see all that <font color="blue"> smurfy slap happy blue</font> littering all over the Siege landscape !

At any rate never neglect free cloth, redye it or.. just pick it up, save enough for shirt or just take it on home or make bandages from it all. Tis the vampires way of giving back to the community, with some free kindling and cloth .

I

imported_Daan Mor

I find that pure black bandages generally get looted less than white ones, probably because they're harder to spot in your corpse box.

G

Yeh I leave em black for friends/guildmates to use. I myself have no use for bandages, even with 3 fountains full of the enhanced ones. I just toss em in restock.

I prefer to just redye vmp cloth <font color="blue"> bright turquoise blues </font> and leaving it right where they planted it. Tis my way to wave back at em in passing over the land. I usually have the plain common dye tub &amp; dyes on me anyhow, till vmp gets em.

G

haha I am still TRYING to picture WyRm in that one barbed leather bustier of mine, crafted by Miranda ie me, that vmp got (among many).

I can only hope that the lord of the damned looks somewhat better in fem bustiers, than Otto does in em ! HAHAHA

G

When Tyrfang the wolf roamed the lands, he had the best method of marking his territory... *grins toothily*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well this is quite the pissing contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

*rimshot*

I

imported_Krystal

We try to RP but hard when ur getting ganked, and people start calling ya names, takes fun outa it:/ just other day me and wyrm were RPing at luna bank and people starting name calling saying [censored] bout IRLs. till finally i said wtf wrong with u people, dont u know when people trying to rp with ya?!
tho nothing phases Wyrm sometimes i think he a RL Vamp hehehe

S

ShintoMonk

<blockquote><hr>

We try to RP but hard when ur getting ganked, and people start calling ya names, takes fun outa it:/ just other day me and wyrm were RPing at luna bank and people starting name calling saying [censored] bout IRLs. till finally i said wtf wrong with u people, dont u know when people trying to rp with ya?!
tho nothing phases Wyrm sometimes i think he a RL Vamp hehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see more RP and less Sh*T talk

or I should say, I would rather see RP than sh*t talk
I'm a super RPer but I respect those who do