• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is this VENDING PENALTY??

• Thread starter Loquacious Wrath
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Loquacious Wrath

I look at this vendor in Luna on Origin and I see that this Crimson Cincture is going for 18mil plus a 36000 gp Vending Penalty. Anyone know what this is? Who pays the penalty? The vendor or the customer?

BTW. I was going through withdrawl not having Startics working! I'm so glad its working again.

:)

B

Bubbles

I say... Log out of KR and back in 2d and things will be back to normal!!!!

L

Loquacious Wrath

Thanks for nothing but negativity Bubbles, you are a real genius.

Don't you think I tried that already? 2d showed the same thing.

L

Loquacious Wrath

Here is the 2d pic for the anti-KR folks out there. :(

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vending Penalty?! Whoa... haven't seen that before. :eek:

K

Katlene

well thats a bit different. did you notice it on anything else? like other artifacts?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Bring up the "buy" gump ... is it just 18mil?
or
18 mil +
?

edit
Well, as usual ...best to "see for self" ...
"buy" price IS only 18mil ... so the vendor eats it
Also ...
theres a 4k "penalty" on the stitchers mittens there ...
(1.8 mil)

*shrugs*

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like it was written on there by the owner. Why else would there be "gp" after the number?

K

Katlene

if it was typed in as an item description, would it not be on the bottom? and as far as i know you cant engrave (embroider) clotehs

L

Loquacious Wrath

The Vending Penalty is not on all items. Just certain items. Perhaps it has to do with people trying to remove high price items for sale just before they get charged?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Vending Penalty is not on all items. Just certain items. Perhaps it has to do with people trying to remove high price items for sale just before they get charged?
Perhaps... :D

Although if that were the case, it may just be on Origin for now.

K

Kailee

Just a thought but maybe that is what that item costs u per day on your vendor.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe your right in this assumption. Checked out some other higher priced items around Luna there and none of them have this tag on the item.

L

Lariat

My guild is on Origin right now, and that's been our train of thought since we first saw it too. Not sure on the specifics of how it works, but there are likely loopholes to be worked out.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the vendor costs per day are 6000gp per million worth of stocked items (+ 60gp base cost).
So 5.5m worth of items would cost (5.5*6000)+60=33060 per day. The crimson would cost ~108k per day.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

And we have a winner!!!

Yes for all those ppl who try to avoid vendor costs....BZZZZZZZ you lose thanks for playin.

Once the item goes BACK on the vendor you'll be charged for it *grins* Gotta LOVE the Dev team!

L

Lord Drakelord

And we have a winner!!!

Yes for all those ppl who try to avoid vendor costs....BZZZZZZZ you lose thanks for playin.

Once the item goes BACK on the vendor you'll be charged for it *grins* Gotta LOVE the Dev team!
ahh so all those folks that remove items late at night to avoid vendor charges at server up will get charged anyway, nice!!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also tells everyone shopping there (once everyone knows about it) thats what they do.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Perhaps...
Although if that were the case, it may just be on Origin for now.
Errr ... why? all shards are on pub 52 Now ...

Errr ... math(corrected somewhat) ...

"1" 18mill item = 20 + ((18,000,000)/500) = 36,020gp per UO day ... and (from a deep lost thread "freiza") 3 vendor days (not 12 like kb has) per UO day
108,060+ per real world day ...
all of which does not add up with the stitchers mittens (same pic/vendor) being 1.8 mill @ 4,000 vendor penalty
20 + ((1.8)/500) = 3620gp per UO (3)day ...

*shrugs* Not to say that they could not have changed the entire "formula" ... they could have ... just not obvious HOW its been changed

Believe your right in this assumption. Checked out some other higher priced items around Luna there and none of them have this tag on the item.
Sooo ...lacking any other "penalized" vendors ...there is "only" one on Origin that "got caught"? hmmmm doesn't sound right .... possible ... but ...
today (now) ... the stitchers are still at a 4,000gp "penalty" .... the op item is gone ... and theres a "new" item ... 2 banana's @ 12mill ... with a penalty of 24,000 ..
hmmm ... oh! and the backpack (in the op screenie) has 7 pieces of virtue armor ... sold as a "one bag price" of 800,000 ... With a 1,600 "penalty" ....

Maybe .... IF theres a "flat" .2 % ( .002 )re-stocking/re-pricing fee .... it works out ...
op item:18mill x .002 = 36,000
Stitchers: 2mil x .002 > 1.8mil = 4000
Bananas: 12mil x .002 = 24000
maybe ... OH ! theres an imprisioned dog crystal @ 400,000 with a 1,000 penalty ...
IF repriced from 500,000 ... down to current 400k
500,000 x .002 = 1,000 ...
AND ... the scrapper in the op ... 4.5mil ... penalty @ 9,000

show of hands to "bump" the penalty to .02? (flat 2%)
*raises hand*

ANY vendors on ANY other shards showing?(currently watching a 2.2millio stack of 14 brsk ..... hoping to see it appear)

SOON ! :D

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And we have a winner!!!

Lovely change!
I always felt a bit left in the cold, because I never used that trick (it is mentioned as illegal on the webpage and in EA crew posts) and so many vendor owners did use it. I have been paying over 2m per day in vendor costs (for all my vendors) every day for months, while some people haven't been charged more than a few pennies, whilst stocking similar items.

Justice!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I say... Log out of KR and back in 2d and things will be back to normal!!!!

Why would I EVER do THAT? I use a magnifying glass enough at work, I don't want to use one to play UO.

L

Loqucious

Is the KR art always going to be fuzzy like this? If so, what a bummer because I like the overall looks of it better than the current client, but the fuzzyness is a deal breaker. I feel like I should be wearing glasses while viewing it.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not fuzzy on my system. While the art style differs a bit in ways that might look different at first, it's come a LONG way from being "fuzzy".

There are also quite a few tweaks that can be made via the video card and monitor settings to improve sharpness.

Most of the "fuzziness" you see in KR screenshots is generally due to image compression (especially jpgs).

L

Loqucious

Not fuzzy on my system. While the art style differs a bit in ways that might look different at first, it's come a LONG way from being "fuzzy".

There are also quite a few tweaks that can be made via the video card and monitor settings to improve sharpness.

Most of the "fuzziness" you see in KR screenshots is generally due to image compression (especially jpgs).
But the original client image above is not "fuzzy" like the KR client. Is it just the style of art? It bothers me though I really like the "warmth" of it.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Larissa:
do we have some kind of confirmation that there is an actual change? Or are we just assuming that it has changed to what you have stated?
I am asking because I have checked most of the big vendors on my shard (the vendors with stuff for 50+ Mil on them - i always wondered how they pay for them since most of the items have been there for weeks - if not months) and could not find any vending penalty objects.
It sounds too good to be true...

Hephaistos of Europa

F

Fayled Dhreams

{ ANY vendors on ANY other shards showing?(currently watching a 2.2millio stack of 14 brsk ..... hoping to see it appear) }

hmmmm ... 'es EMPTY now ... :eek:
AND ... theres A LOT of missing vendors ... not on Origin ... btw :D

lessee now .... 2.2mil x 14 = 30.8mil total .... and a re-stock of .002 x 30.8mil = 61,600(penalty)
(30.8mil / 500) x 3 = 184,800 real world day ...(dropping the 20gp out for rounder nums) ...

hmmm even IF the penalty "adds" to itself (each time its done) ... still will be cheaper for the jerks to "do it"

*shrugs*
still waiting for other shard "spottings"

ya know ... NOT entirely impossible for someone to put a vendor up ... and check ...
huh?
Would be able to determine IF its worldwide ... or maybe JUST that one vendor "showing the world"

just saying ...

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Interesting.

I had placed some tokens on my vendor priced them, then realized I needed to reprice them. Took them off. Wasn't even five minutes and I had vending penalty on them and they were no more than 100k priced. Any item I've put on a vendor and taken off, whether it was priced or not are getting vending penalties.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Interesting.

I had placed some tokens on my vendor priced them, then realized I needed to reprice them. Took them off. Wasn't even five minutes and I had vending penalty on them and they were no more than 100k priced. Any item I've put on a vendor and taken off, whether it was priced or not are getting vending penalties.
Was it in between the time the vendor was supposed to charge you for it?
I have taken a few things off and on my vendors over the course of the last few days and I am not noticing this.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Interesting.

:D
^^That .... would be confirmation :) ... just two minor points though

On Origin?
"Showed" penalty ?
ooooh ... sorry, "3" minor points
#3 what was the before / after price ... AND the final penalty ?

Thx either way ...

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Errr ... why? all shards are on pub 52 Now ...
They do intermittent publishes that are usually not listed, for example, after publish 52 was published, they published the shards with some unannounced exploit fixes a few days after, Origin usually gets changes first, and considering there were no vendor vending penalties on any other shards, they could be giving it a test run, which wouldn't be entirely unprecedented.

J

Joyous2K

YOu give me a headache, but then I started looking at the differences between the two. Look at the two faces. That is really weird. Well maybe he logged in completely different characters. No, that's not it.

Why are they totally different? KR looks like Michael Jackson and the other one looks like the old guy from Arrested Development music video. Does that make any sense? Which one is the guy's face?

OP: Good observation.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can buy different faces for chars in KR and it won't change the face of that char in 2d.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just noticed... Vending Penalty... another item I'll have to go in and add commas to for Bitter Black 2.0

F

Fayled Dhreams

They do intermittent publishes that are usually not listed, for example, after publish 52 was published, they published the shards with some unannounced exploit fixes a few days after, Origin usually gets changes first, and considering there were no vendor vending penalties on any other shards, they could be giving it a test run, which wouldn't be entirely unprecedented.
Unprecedented ... nope ... wouldn't be .... but ... with other unidentified shards being reported as "seeing it"
:rolleyes: kinda the point I was going for ...
looks worldwide at this point

huh?;)

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It certainly could be by now, I haven't seen any on Atlantic yet however. Has anyone from another shard other than Origin encountered the vending penalty?

L

Loquacious Wrath

:) Just for comparisons sake, here is a 1920x1200 of the first picture while using KR. The image is large in size, but lessens the blurriness a bit. My actual screen image is even sharper.

However, I wish the Devs would take some more time to further sharpen KR or possibly add a thin border around certain objects.

J

Joyous2K

I am starting to see it now, they are different chars. THe gray hair was the other, and the blond was the original.

J

jelinidas

I see auction houses becoming more attractive again! My only problem with auctions is I spend way too much gold! :D

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well ... now ... the op vendor is empty and renamed ...

Still curious that that is the "only" one seen ...could be a display glitch on that one vendor
or shard
Still unknown if it "adds up" each successive day it is "done" (restock/repriced) ...

hummph !:cool:

K

Kyle

Now this is Odd, I bought that CC off same vendor over a day ago and guess what, it's tagged still with a vendor penatly. . . .

I'll wait alil longer to see if it drops off, not sure if its been 24hrs yet so =/

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It won't come off until the item is put back on the vendor.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if Kyle decides, say a week from now, he wants to sell that Crimson and puts it on his vendor, he has to pay the penalty?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So if Kyle decides, say a week from now, he wants to sell that Crimson and puts it on his vendor, he has to pay the penalty?
Good Question Rachel, I've been wanting to test that. If say I bought an item from vendor A with a penalty and decided later to put it on MY vendor later, will it charge me?

I don't know if it's vendor bound or not but it should be, I'm tryin to find something to buy with a penalty on it just to test it *laughs*

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't think it should be vendor bound, since there are just way too many ways around that unfortunately, and it will do nothing to solve the problem this change is meant to fix.

The way I think it works, or should, is that when the item is purchased, the vending fee should be subtracted from the money the vendor receives from the sale, after that it is (or should be) removed from the item.

The full amount should be subtracted from the person purchasing it of course, while the gold used for the fee essentially vanishes, to prevent people from using multiple vendors/new vendors or multiple accounts to avoid the fee.