• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Is This Thing? :)

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My son played on my account years ago. Well it was his account and I payed for it lol. Anyway he left a horse that he was totally in love with. It's either a dreadmare or a nightmare. How can I tell which one it is? I would ask him but he was famous for getting scammed a lot so I don't really know if he really knows. lol I know it's been trained up a lot so it makes it a little harder for me to figure out. If it does something special I play Classic Client so it would have to relate to that. I read something about one makes smoke? On a side note are these still a viable fighting pet? Do they both eat the same thing? Yes I am new to taming ;) Thanks!

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Say "trick". When you say the word trick they do a special ability animation release black smoke clouds around it. If it does that it is a dreadmare, but if it doesn't it could still be a prepatch nightmare. (maybe!)

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hehe it shouldn't. Hopefully someone else will answer the rest of the questions, that's about all I know :)

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay here's some more info on "Nibbles". Okay I'm new at this but he doesn't look trained at all. No smoke when asked for Trick. He seems to know Dragon Breath and Magery as it's listed on the last page. Maybe this will help...

horse.jpg horse2.jpg

mihali

Sage
Also, dreadmares have different damage profile than nightmares. Dreads have a 40% fire I think? Check it out on Cah website.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well in my completely unexpert opinion I'm going with Nightmare and not pre patch :) I'll just use her as a horse to ride around on. Kinda a member of the family now with my son having owned it and all. Should I even waste time on training her up?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nightmares and dreads have a damage spread that is different.

Nightmare

40 Physical
40 Fire
20 Energy

Dreadmare

40 Physical
20 Poison
40 Energy

Also there are no 2 slot Dreadmares, that would be nice.

They are 3 slot and have around 600HP thats why they are tough to build AI/Chiv. They start with too many HP too little Str.
Also they are always black.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well in my completely unexpert opinion I'm going with Nightmare and not pre patch :) I'll just use her as a horse to ride around on. Kinda a member of the family now with my son having owned it and all. Should I even waste time on training her up?
You can take to the Kirin passage on a Jawbone and enter the cave. Go to where the Nightmares spawn. on this map.

Two Nightmares spawn.

Kill them over and over you can get the new colors of Nightmares.

Some have silver in them, the popular one is Void, which looks fuzzy black in CC.

The new colors look cooler. Kill them until you get a 2 slot of something cool. You can Build those with Just AI and leave the Magery on or use Magery Mastery and they will teleport to pirate ships.

2 slot current Nightmares or a Phoenix make the best Magery pets.

Buy Your son a few totems and he can get a 2 slot Void if lucky.

Here is one of the silvers:
1655608679662.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 slot current Nightmares or a Phoenix make the best Magery pets.
Serpentine Dragons say "Hello". Up to 1,040 INT on them, which is 340 over the 700 Cap. Put Magery Mastery on them, and laugh at the big Mind Blast damage (which is based on INT and Magery, they actually had to cap MB damage in PvP after Pub 97 because of Serpentine Dragons with Magery Mastery). If only Magery Mastery wasn't so damn buggy though :/. Casting Bless and Arch Cure on their opponent rather than themself, nonsensically toggling Magic Reflection on and off, casting Death Ray at point blank range while getting beat on, etc.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Serpentine Dragons say "Hello". Up to 1,040 INT on them, which is 340 over the 700 Cap. Put Magery Mastery on them, and laugh at the big Mind Blast damage (which is based on INT and Magery, they actually had to cap MB damage in PvP after Pub 97 because of Serpentine Dragons with Magery Mastery). If only Magery Mastery wasn't so damn buggy though :/. Casting Bless and Arch Cure on their opponent rather than themself, nonsensically toggling Magic Reflection on and off, casting Death Ray at point blank range while getting beat on, etc.
Will a serpentine dragon teleport to enemy ship

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will a serpentine dragon teleport to enemy ship
If you put magery mastery on any pet will teleport . But I would say few use them. What is the highest strength they can get?
@PlayerSkillFTW time how long ot takes one to kill a dread pirate by itself. Then use a mare.