• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What is this little wonder?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I actually don't think this is rare, but I've never seen one except for the one I have. Can anyone give me any info about this Enchanted Sextant? Where is it from and how was it acquired and when abouts were the drops? I don't plan to sell, I'd just like to know about it. =]

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
new players (all, I think) used to get them upon completing the tutorial (?) not sure on details, but I have a few of them, refuse to give them up, only cause I like the name :)

(course, most new players promptly lost them... no insurance, reds waitin' at the door, all that ;) )

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if they are still obtainable, but they were indeed part of the "young" quest along with the horn of retreat, scroll with ancient markings and such. You can usually find these items for sale for 50-100k as they used to be quite common and even if they no longer spawn there are still quite a few floating around. Its a fun little item and looks great on a desk or in a library.

Y

Yen Sid

You can get them in the EC from doing the tutorial after character creation. You get a New Player Ticket, dbl click it, target another New Player Ticket, and then you can pick this as a "prize."

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everyone for the info! I'm rather fond of it and keep it in my bag. It's very helpful!