• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the point of 120 ninja on archer

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I've been running my stealth PvP archer with 120 ninjitsu for a long time. My question is, what is the point of 120 ninjitsu on a stealth archer? I see most if not all templates run 120. But I use the ninjitsu mostly to cast wolf form, drop smoke bombs, yumi specials, and mirror image.

So what is the point of 120 ninjitsu? I could cast llama form instead of wolf to escape, I almost never fight on wolf because I can't use specials. Could I drop ninjitsu to 105? I feel I am wasting 15 skill points with 120 ninja.

Thanks!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I've been running my stealth PvP archer with 120 ninjitsu for a long time. My question is, what is the point of 120 ninjitsu on a stealth archer? I see most if not all templates run 120. But I use the ninjitsu mostly to cast wolf form, drop smoke bombs, yumi specials, and mirror image.

So what is the point of 120 ninjitsu? I could cast llama form instead of wolf to escape, I almost never fight on wolf because I can't use specials. Could I drop ninjitsu to 105? I feel I am wasting 15 skill points with 120 ninja.

Thanks!
Just one word : Deathstrike.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just one word : Deathstrike.
when you're deathstriking on an archer you're basically wasting mana... your DS damage gets cut in half.

Wolf form still is better than llama form for the instant hit points you get but even at 120 you will fail to cast on rare occasions.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so in a nutshell, the benefits of 120 ninjitsu on an archer come down to wolf form, shuriken hit chance and mirror image deflect chance. Am I missing something?

If you're running the ninjitsu mastery tiger form is nice and only requires 90 ninjitsu - it has a chance to evade incoming damage and depending on mastery will overcap your dci (50%). I would pick that over wolf form any day if I wasn't forced to run a different mastery.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're running the ninjitsu mastery tiger form is nice and only requires 90 ninjitsu - it has a chance to evade incoming damage and depending on mastery will overcap your dci (50%). I would pick that over wolf form any day if I wasn't forced to run a different mastery.
Yep. I run only 90% ninja and use white tiger. I think its 100% success @ 90 skill.

Also ninja counts towards the mana discount for special moves which is another little bonus.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also ninja counts towards the mana discount for special moves which is another little bonus.
yes but with 120 archery, 100 hiding and at the very least 75 stealth he only needs 5 points in any of the other mana cost reducing skills to hit the 300 skill points necessary...

EDIT: disregard this post. As Tabin correctly pointed out below hiding does NOT count towards mana cost reduction!

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
100 hiding and at the very least 75 stealth he only needs 5 points
I don't think hiding counts towards the 300.

"The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior’s skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost."

Special Moves – Ultima Online

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think hiding counts towards the 300.

"The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior’s skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost."

Special Moves – Ultima Online
you're right, I was wrong. Should have looked it up before posting false info.

ok so we're talking about 105 ninjitsu needed with 120 archery and 75 stealth to hit the 300 points necessary for mana reduction. If he runs more stealth, less ninjitsu is needed...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my old stealth archer I ran about 110 stealth from memory. This is because it allowed me to stealth in studded armor (with medable helm) and then only 90 ninja was needed.

115 archery (+5 from quiver)
110 stealth
90 ninja

Then you hit the 300 points for special move mana reduction (with 15 points over).