• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the order with which a pet's Skills should be trained for better efficiency ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand, that training Healing is slow, very slow on a pet.

Reading about it, I have read that it becomes even slower to be trained (healing), if the pet has Chivalry and/or high Resisting Spells (I actually read posts suggesting NOT to add Chivalry at all before Healing is to be fully trained on the pet...).

So, my question is, is there a list of skills "priorities" that a Tamer should follow when training a pet up ?

What skill 1st, what as 2nd, what as 3rd and so forth ?

Also, CU-Sidhes, for example, come with low Dexterity.... I read a post of a fellow player suggesting to raise up Resisting Spells which, upon reaching 100.0, would then get dexterity to quickly get up to 125.

Yet, in doing so, as I understand, this would then back-fire with training up Healing on the CU-Sidhe if it had 100.0 Resisting Spells....

So, what is the most efficient "protocol" to train a pet's skills up ?

Thanks !!

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Train healing to 80-100, discord pet, let pet be poisoned as often as possible.
Cannot train healing above 110 without pet being discorded.
Can train chiv and healing or only healing. Then chiv. All up to you. Have other skills pet can trigger and waste mana? Flood your pet with mana then.
Pet heals too fast or enemies too weak (like ortanord) ? and pet stays at 100% health? Use humility (say lum lum lum).

You started training something or you still playing theoretically?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Reading about it, I have read that it becomes even slower to be trained (healing), if the pet has Chivalry and/or high Resisting Spells (I actually read posts suggesting NOT to add Chivalry at all before Healing is to be fully trained on the pet...).

So, my question is, is there a list of skills "priorities" that a Tamer should follow when training a pet up ?

What skill 1st, what as 2nd, what as 3rd and so forth ?

Also, CU-Sidhes, for example, come with low Dexterity.... I read a post of a fellow player suggesting to raise up Resisting Spells which, upon reaching 100.0, would then get dexterity to quickly get up to 125.

Popps pet training methods are well known and documented you are reaching for a crystal ball heading down the path to wanting pinks and blues for pets ....

Yet, in doing so, as I understand, this would then back-fire with training up Healing on the CU-Sidhe if it had 100.0 Resisting Spells....

Thanks !!

Popps pet training methods are well known and documented you're looking for a crystal ball and heading to pinks and blues for pets just train like everybody else..

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can train chiv and healing or only healing. Then chiv. All up to you. Have other skills pet can trigger and waste mana? Flood your pet with mana then.
Pet heals too fast or enemies too weak (like ortanord) ? and pet stays at 100% health? Use humility (say lum lum lum).

You started training something or you still playing theoretically?
@gwen

Thank you for your reply.

Training for now a plain vanilla Chivalry/AI CU-Sidhe, but tamed others to put discord on as well as other flavours builds....

Trying to understand what is the most efficient protocol when it comes to training up their skills....

1st Dexterity to 125
2nd Healing up to whatever CAP one wants
3rd Chivalry ?

What about Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy etc. ?

Also, I understand that, in order to gain Wrestling and Tactics skills, the pet needs to be within 25 points of whatever creature it is fighting.

I seem to remember a Table of Monsters listing their Wrestling and Tactics skill levels, but I cannot seem to find it nowhere....

Do you, or anyone have a Link for this Table so that I can figure out what to fight at what skill level my pet is ?

Thanks !

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@gwen

Training for now a plain vanilla Chivalry/AI CU-Sidhe, but tamed others to put discord on as well as other flavours builds....

Trying to understand what is the most efficient protocol when it comes to training up their skills....

1st Dexterity to 125
3rd Chivalry ?

Also, I understand that, in order to gain Wrestling and Tactics skills, the pet needs to be within 25 points of whatever creature it is fighting.

I seem to remember a Table of Monsters listing their Wrestling and Tactics skill levels, but I cannot seem to find it nowhere....

Do you, or anyone have a Link for this Table so that I can figure out what to fight at what skill level my pet is ?

Thanks !

@popps you have asked and had answered all these questions you have been shown uo.cah do you just want me to bring you a free trained Cu?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have trained many pets to 120 without discord. Definitely goes slower without discord but you can still do it.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@gwen

1st Dexterity to 125
3rd Chivalry ?

Thanks !
Slug pit in Underworld
or
Shadow Elemental in Yomotsu
will take you to your desired wrestling.
or go kill Devour of solus, can get tinker legs there some day. They are 175 M now.
or any other mini champ.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slug pit in Underworld
or
Shadow Elemental in Yomotsu
will take you to your desired wrestling.
or go kill Devour of solus, can get tinker legs there some day. They are 175 M now.
or any other mini champ.
Thanks for the heads up, if possible, I would still like to get a Link to the Table that lists Creatures by their Wrestling and Tactics skills levels, so that I can check if, maybe, some other creatures might be of a better preference to fight for me to raise Wresling and Tactics on my pet....

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the heads up, if possible, I would still like to get a Link to the Table that lists Creatures by their Wrestling and Tactics skills levels, so that I can check if, maybe, some other creatures might be of a better preference to fight for me to raise Wresling and Tactics on my pet....
Most tamers just lore stuff popps...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I have trained many pets to 120 without discord. Definitely goes slower without discord but you can still do it.
during whole wildfire event when I played tamer, i never got healing gains on tritons. Discord was raising. Other skills -too. Healing only dropped when pet was killed. I was keeping eye on it.

Same for gains when training. My stopped at 110. Not sure how slow are your gains, but when I have no gains in several hours in Eodon, constantly poisoned, I call it "cannot gain" .

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If using animal lore is too much for you just search shadow elemental ultima online it will take you to a page where someone else has lored it since you can't even..

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
during whole wildfire event when I played tamer, i never got healing gains on tritons. Discord was raising. Other skills -too. Healing only dropped when pet was killed. I was keeping eye on it.

Same for gains when training. My stopped at 110. Not sure how slow are your gains, but when I have no gains in several hours in Eodon, constantly poisoned, I call it "cannot gain" .
I have a blaze CU all 120's and during the last event it died a bunch of times. It's already back to 120 healing and I didn't do anything special with it.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
@gwen

1st Dexterity to 125
3rd Chivalry ?

Thanks !
How about you do a little leg work yourself and find them on your own, people are really getting tired of doing everything for you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a blaze CU all 120's and during the last event it died a bunch of times. It's already back to 120 healing and I didn't do anything special with it.
I have had Cus since Pub 97 was released. None are above 110 because I do not discord them. They have 120 scrolls.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If using animal lore is too much for you just search shadow elemental ultima online it will take you to a page where someone else has lored it since you can't even..
Shadow eles have two different values of Wrestling and Tactics when born. They can have 60ish or 90ish in each value. So you can find them 60/60 90/90 60/90 90/60.

Popps would have to lore them and kill the ones that don't fit his pet. So, that will never happen.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have had Cus since Pub 97 was released. None are above 110 because I do not discord them. They have 120 scrolls.
I can only assume your pet is bugged. I have numerous 120 pets that I raised healing and other skills to 120 without having a bard to discord.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can only assume your pet is bugged. I have numerous 120 pets that I raised healing and other skills to 120 without having a bard to discord.
I have over 30 Cus. So they all just happen to be bugged?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets do not gain past 110 Healing without being Discorded, even constantly curing Lethal Poison (Lvl 5, the highest level poison there is). I use 5 Slimes/Snakes trained to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning to train Healing on my pets, they constantly inflict Lethal Poison. All Healing gains immediately cease once the pet reaches 110 Healing, then i have to discord the pet for it to continue gaining from curing Lethal Poison.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
His Guildies r Discording his pets 4 fun.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Are you locked into training a pet with healing?

What pet? Different approaches can be taken based on what you are training for the best results. How "efficient" do you have to be, before it's "good enough"? It's pretty subjective. Are you wanting a perfect 100% fully leveled and scrolled pet before you really use it or do you just want it at a level where it can be used without dying constantly? What kind of things do you want to hunt, or do you want to have other goals for it (decoration, amusement, etc)?

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED