• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Arms Lore] what is the MOST you can get in each resist with gm armslore with barbed leather?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im remaking my suit and im trying to replace a piece i imbued 3 imbues as resists with one with only 2 imbued resists..

the problem is my suit is low on cold after adding the 2 imbued resists..
so im needing to make a piece with the most amount of cold possible.

so far i made one that has 15 cold.
it puts my suit at 70/70/68/70/70

what is the arms lore bonus? is it possible to make a suit with all the bonus on one resist?

5% Luck

My best pre-enhancement so far has been 16 energy. Post enhance that is 20 energy with barbed leather. But with fire being the highest base line number(4) you can hit even higher on that resist with horned leather though at least in my experience fire is the least likely to get the arms lore to stack like that. My best is a 14 for fire and that is 3(not 2) under the energy bump I got.

I have a few secures filled with plain leather tailor made armor with at least one min resist or one high(armlore bump of 10 or more) and my fire bags are definitely shy in comparison.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i know energy gets high with the +4 barbed gives you, so with +2 of cold and poison youre saying you can get 18?

5% Luck

Items: Base Properties

that page has armor base resists

Material Bonuses

and that one has the material bonuses

depending on the type of armor you need(med/non med) a bronze chain piece would start at 5 plus the bronze bonus of 5(10) then add in the armlore bonus of(a good bump of 10) and your going to see 20 cold very easily! Of course that may negate the point of getting the extra mod if your going to imbue mage armor on the piece.

If it must be med it might be a hat. That is, if that's the proper armor slot. The hat starts at 9 cold(no enhance) add in a good armslore bump of 10 and you at 19 relatively easily!

The other thing here is if you must go with just about any other armor slot that is meddable. You are pretty stuck on it being leather. The best base resist for leather is 3 + 2 for enhance = 5 plus a good armslore bump of 10 is the 15 you have already gotten. That said I did get a max bonus of 13. Add that to the base of 5 and you get 18!

Now, in another thread a player had done some math on the chance of the armlore bonus stacking and for the piece I got he came up with 0.012 chance. That is really low! One in 8333 attempts I think he said.

With all this I will add that armslore adds a maximum of 5 to total base resist. The item being exceptionally made add 15 total resist points. So I assume the best possibility for a max cold roll would be 23 plus enhance is 25.

GL!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, Circlets are the exception to the leather rule - they are naturally medable (no need for mage armor property), crafted by smiths (And gold & valorite give more total resists than their equivalent leather types). They also look a LOT better on your head than a leather cap or ninja hood.

It's rare to get more than 12 points of the 20 (EX+Lore) in one resist, in addition to the base.

Most leather items run 2/4/3/3/3 for the base resists.

So, figure maybe 1 or two items crafted in normal leather each that would have 15 resist in one slot (and only a 20% chance for each that it's in the one you're looking for). And, of course, you can't imbue the slot higher, only enhance it higher, without it using a slot.

So, you'd need to find a piece that is 17 cold, after crafting in barbed leather, but before imbuing. Be prepared to burn a normal sewing kit or two - leather costs vary by item (consider that a tunic uses 4 times the leather of gloves).

By some miracle you're needing headgear, make a bronze circlet with a smith - that gives +5 cold (though the other resist bonuses kinda suck for the metal).
A bronze circlet would be 1/5/2/2/5 (base) + 3/0/5/1/1 = 4/5/7/3/6 plus the 20 random points.
In fact, a circlet of this metal would be the optimum item to imbue fire on, as you lose 0 materials bonus from the imbue (and poison & energy are fairly low as well). Get most of the Ex+lore bonus in Physical, cold and whatever 3rd resist doesn't need an imbue, and it gets even more interesting.

H

Hudson[]

Imbuing is the best way to go. You can add 15 points of cold resist through imbuing, the odds of getting more than that from arms lore and exceptional bonus are crazy low, like 1 in 10,000,000.

I would craft (with regular leather!!) until you got piece that had minimum cold, and minimum in 1 other resist.

Leather base resist: 2/4/3/3/3

So I would shoot for something that was X/X/3/X/X where one of the X's is also equal to the minimum for it's resist (or 1 off is fine). Example: 9/4/3/9/10

Then imbue +15 cold (and also 15 in the other resist that was minimum) then enhance with barbed. This will give you 3 + 15 + 2 = 20 cold resist.

In the example I gave above, of 9/4/3/9/10

Imbuing 15 cold, 15 fire would give: 9/19/18/9/10

Enhancing with barbed would give: 11/20/20/12/14 with 300 points of imbuing weight left over to spend on whatever you want.

-Hudson

H

Hudson[]

The odds of getting all 20 points of bonus resist into cold is 1 out of 5^20 because each time the game calculates where to put a bonus resist, there is a 1 in 5 chance it will pick cold. To pick cold 20 times in a row is 1 out of 5^20.

So, its 1 out of 95,367,431,640,625

I haven't taken stats in a years, so I have no idea how to figure out the probability of lets say P(Cold bonus > 15). I did however create a spreadsheet to simulate the crafting of armor thousands of times and record the data.

The column that is Lowest4 is the number of times that the sum of the lowest 4 added up to a certain number. It is also equal to 20 minus the value of the highest bonus resist.

Download Link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByVSO6rjUx4CNzEyZTg3MjktMTc2OC00NTY4LWJmZTAtOTExZTkxYTczNTI5