• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the formula for getting a paralyzing blow to not be resisted?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand that the mage spell paralyze is the caster's eval int against the monster's resist spell. But what is it for using my bow's special move of paralyzing blow?

Seems that creatures with no/little resist it works all the time. Creatures with some resist it works
sometimes.

I am sitting in the 80's with archery and tactics and wonder if the higher my archery or tactics get the more chance I can paralyze thru the creatures resist spell?

And if so, is it the tactics especially that breaks thruough their resist? Need to know if I can stop at
100 tactics as was the plan or need to revamp my template goal to get to 120 tactics to be more succesful with this special move.

Thanks!

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I checked it's just a 6-7 second timer in between Paralyzes. If you try to paralyze them anytime between that timer it comes up as the target resists.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In PvP, paralyzes for 3 seconds. In PvM, for 6 seconds.
The official statement, "The 3(6) second duration is not broken by combat damage the way the paralyze spell is," is incorrect.

Via http://www.uoguide.com

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, but am talking about first time using the special on a monster. Some resist it. So would like to know if raising tactics, like eval int for paralyze, helps make the paralyze blow work.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to test that when I get a chance I didn't think magic resist was looked at when a para blow hits you..I always thought it was a standard 3-6 second tick

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, just checked the level of magic resist on what I was fighting Jukas! The warriors, mages, lords all have ridiculously high magic resist 120ish.

Already reworked temp to "eventually" get 120 tactics. So hope that makes a difference.

Switched to fighting to get gains on other things for now. The whole point of being an archer using para blow is to blow some back when more than one baddy on ya! At least for this archer....