• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the difference in Wainscoting and Moulding?

M

MacFlapper

I wanted to have purple on the top and bottom of my wallpaper so I bought(or so I could have sworn) purple wainscotting and purple moulding but when I tried to put them on nothing shows up on the bottom of my wall just the top. Do both wainscoting and moulding go on top of the wall? If so what is the point of having both? It is really frustrating to have bought both and not get to use them both. If they do both go up top then what is the part called that goes at bottom of wall paper? I really dont want to waste money by buying more wainscoting if I already have it. Thanks for any help in advance. I guess it could be possible that I could have bought 2 mouldings instead of a wainscoting.

S

Squeaker

Unless I get them backwards - and it is possible since first cup of coffee... Wainscotting is the bottom and moulding is the top of the room. I've never come across a setup where I couldn't have both in a room so you must have accidently bought the wrong type.

If I am wrong, feel free to join us at beanfest tonight - I'll gladly repay you in beans for my error. :D

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Squeaker is correct, well at least in real life building methods! I haven't bought molding in TT in about 2 years probably. Here is the Wiki about Wainscoting.