• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the best way to train imbuing from ZERO here?

Cain

Retired UO Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that the skill cannot be purchased so have to raise from zero. What is the best way? I am guessing unraveling low low loot and fishing loot is too high so I am open for purchasing/accepting donations of low level items. Advice?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From UOGuide.com:

Method 1
Method 2
The most cost/gem efficient means of gaining this skill is to imbue multiple effects at lower levels. Each item you imbue can be imbued 20 times before you are less able to gain from it. Therefore, for 40-50 range skill you might imbue a leather cap with 4% cold resist (1 magical residue/1 sapphire) and then 1% Reflect Physical Damage (1 magical residue/1 citrine). Then you "Reimbue Last" on the Reflect Physical Damage 9 times before moving on to the next item. You can adjust this ratio of initial imbue to repeated imbue as you gain in skill, keeping the success rate (displayed in bottom right hand of the imbuing gump) around 50% for best gains. So after 20-40 gains, you will need to change your method to 5% cold resist and 1% Reflect Physical Damage in order to keep your success rate down.

Also, it should be easier to train this on a human, due to the imbuing success bonus that gargoyles get, which means that you must imbue higher intensity properties to maintain the 50% success rate. After training to 120, then use a soulstone to transfer the skill to a gargoyle character (or use a race change token).

Cain

Retired UO Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
0 - 40 - Purchase from one of the Gargoyle Artificers standing around the public Soulforge in Ter Mur
I thought skills could not be purchased on Siege?

NPC craftspeople will not train players in exchange for gold, all skills not chosen at character creation must be trained from 0 (zero) from Official UO Wiki Here

NPCs won't train your skills. from UO Guide Here

I am not trying to be a pain or rude but I already searched which is why I am asking here. I do appreciate the assistance but Siege is a different type of shard.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unravelling should be the easiest way. Kill what you can and loot what you find.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only way to purchase skills on siege is by sots, alacrities, and mythic tokens

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not trying to be a pain or rude but I already searched which is why I am asking here. I do appreciate the assistance but Siege is a different type of shard.
Sorry, man. I wandered into Siege territory and didn't realize it.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have a tailor and spined leather, you can craft leather cap in spined and unravel them. That will help you to raise till you can unravel item with more properties :)

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unravel dull copper daggers as well if you have a smith, should take you to mid 30s, then gold daggers, save the residue you get from this so you're getting stock for later. If you need some help with this let me know and I'll get my crafter to make some for you to get you started. Just give a shout in game.

Cain

Retired UO Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not have a smith at this time. As I gain soulstones, I may add that skill.