• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the best mace weapon for a samurai?

G

Hi guys:

My wife is about to make a Samurai mace char. What is the best weapon for that? I was thinking a Diamond mace, but then we lose the 2 handed-weapon bonus for parry, and we can't use a shield of course.

Thanks

G

My sammy uses Winds Edge, the major tokuno artie. I also have a number of decent quarterstaffs, mostly slayers, which I use.
And you can't easily beat 'the exiler' for putting down those daemons!

I

imported_Farsight

In addition to wind's edge and the exiler (both of which are my two favorite mace weapons), you can use the dryad staff or katrina's crook (easy to find, cheap and effective both).

My favorite weapon is a diamond mace with high (very high) mana leech, hit lower defense and hit stamina leech (and DI, of course). If it had swing speed increase, that mace would never leave my hands.

But it doesn't, so I carry wind's edge for the times where fast swings are better than strong hits.

C

Cygnas

For my samurai:

Silver-etched mace... a diamond mace with undead slayer property that is player made. There is a vendor on my shard that seems to be burning through runics making these, probably trying to get the coveted undead/demon double slayer. So these are selling pretty cheaply.

I've got an undead/scorpion double slayer, +25 SSI, 30% mana leech, 40% DI... great for miasma. And another one with 30 SSI, 50% mana leech and 40% DI... great lich lord killer.

My second favorite is a found nunchuka with 55% mana leech, 30% DI and high fire damage.

The theme here for samurai... mana leech, high damage and fast. With these I can cast lightning strike, devine fury and consecrate weapon non-stop as long as I honor first.

D

dum3886

Black staff by far... best whirlwind weapon in the game

SSI DI ML HL... anything else is bonus

I

imported_GFY

You lose what 5% for a 1 handed weapon?

You gain the ability to chug pots.

As for a weapon I have a friend with a Berserkers Maul. He pvps against me and I just can't handle the speed of the weapon. I run over dexers in my guild with my wrestle mage regularly but I just can't handle him.