• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is Primitive Fetish, from Troglodytes?

• Thread starter love2winalot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

love2winalot

Hail: it is not in the item catalog. I get one ever few Troglodyte kills. What is it for, and what does it do? Thanks.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail: it is not in the item catalog. I get one ever few Troglodyte kills. What is it for, and what does it do? Thanks.

Part of a quest string to become human

Odds and Ends quest from Patricus the Trader (vesper docks)

Obtain 12 primitive fetishes from the troglodytes in the Painted Caves

reward: A Bag of Treasure

Beat ya to it Cogniac

K

Kral

A humanoid with a "Fetish" in its pocket......someone had a sense of humor at EA that day.....

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except the kind of "fetish" they mean is, as dictionary.com puts it, "an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency". Basically it's a carving or statue of some sort believed to have great magical or spiritual power, wether it does or doesn't.

Not the dirty kind of "fetish". I swear some people have the maturity of gradeschoolers.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Except the kind of "fetish" they mean is, as dictionary.com puts it, "an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency". Basically it's a carving or statue of some sort believed to have great magical or spiritual power, wether it does or doesn't.

Not the dirty kind of "fetish". I swear some people have the maturity of gradeschoolers.
:bs:

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just collected 12 of these but it says they must be marked as quest items? How do I do that?

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its ok I have done it now. As its been a while since I played I forgot you had to toggle quest items. Why the game doesnt recognise the items I don't know

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont expect too much from the rewards. Did the quest several times during my PVM-Ironman on Siege and the reward is highly useless ;-)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah marking quest items isn't intuitive unless you really "get how UO does stuff". I think a lot of us went Hmmmmmmmm the first time we saw that needs to be marked a quest item thing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah marking quest items isn't intuitive unless you really "get how UO does stuff". I think a lot of us went Hmmmmmmmm the first time we saw that needs to be marked a quest item thing.
What's worse is I think we have 3 different sorts of "quest" engines... adding to the confusion...

Top that off with 5 different ways to turn in quest items... from dropping the item on the NPC to toggling...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
two engines. The main wiki page on questing says:
There are currently two quest engines in use for permanent quests. The newer, main quest engine, was introduced with the Mondain’s Legacy expansion and is used for many and varied quests. The quests designated as ‘Classic Quests’ pre-date the introduction of the quest system of Mondains Legacy and have several pertinent differences.
Before undertaking these quests please read the main overview