• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what is player-driven town?

• Thread starter birdinforest
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

birdinforest

I have two questions. Could you guys give me answers please?

I know Magincia will become a player-driven town, but what is that?
I did not get detailed information from the live video.
In addition, what the benefit to own a house in Magincia?

Will appreciate if some one could answer those questions. thx

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just simply having the privilege to have house in a town similar to Luna. Nothing else.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

If those some call "Dev's" are unwilling to define and discuss what Player-Driven means, then Perhaps you, the Avatars, should define and discuss this FOR THEM!

New Magincia should be something unique, special in its embrace and depiction of Humility. Perhaps a place where less is made to be more.

As part of the rebuilding of Magincia into New Magincia, perhaps this coming year is the time to complete and add Humility to the Active Virtue System within Ultima Online.

Player-Driven could well become a Town of Mentors and "Squires," Veteran Players willing to devote Wisdom, Experience, and Time to New and Returning Players, especially New Players, to aid them in Immersing themselves into Our World.

Perhaps the building of New Magincia could become an opportunity for each of our Shards to identify Players who have uniquely served each Shard from the beginning or over many years. Player-Run Shops could be explored, not for the enrichment in gold of their Owners, but for their Service to other Players, true Servants and Exemplars of Humility. A Tailor, A Blacksmith, A Tinker, Bowyer, Baker, Artificer, Librarian and Scribe perhaps, etc, Players on each of our Shards willing to become dedicated Servants to Others.

Who else wishes to Contribute to this discussion of what a Player-Driven Town Might Be?

An SoS