• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] What is FC/FCR capped at for mages?

• Thread starter Marcus Blackwell
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marcus Blackwell

Ive never really ran a pure mage templete til now and was wondering what is FC/FCR capped at for mages?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FC 2 FCR 6

For weavers and paladins, FC can go up to 4

Effects that lower your FC can drive both down under 0 (Grizzle/Mel area effects), so sometimes extra is desired.

If you plan on using protection, FC stays at 0.

So Kei Wa (weaver mage) has FC 4, FCR 6 and casts his spellweaving spells absurdly fast.

Farsight (Tamer mage) has FC 0 FCR ... less than 6 and has protection cast all the time (as well as reactive armor most of the time).

Dedigan (necro mage) has FC2, FCR 6.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I thought for mages you could go 4/6 if your magery was below 70 (69.9 and less).

I got this data from a Dec 08 post from Lynk:
lynk said:
The change was first implemented in Pub 25:

http://update.uo.com/design_502.html

It was broken with a later publish that messed with casting speeds, and then fixed in pub 45.

http://update.uo.com/design_556.html

Interesting to note that with 69.9 magery it is possible to cast 4/6 chiv and you will never fail a 4th circle spell.
The whole thread is here: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=114539.

-OBSIDIAN-

R

RichDC

i also thought that weaving was same as magery, i have it on a few dif chars only one with magery, one is a 4/6dexxer who casts at same speed as the 2/6 mage.

C

Chaosy

I thought that was for Chiv. If your magery was below 70 then you could cast chiv spells at 4/6, but once you went above 70 then chiv spells were capped at 2/6.
Correct, magery is ALWAYS capped at 2/6. Chiv is capped at 4/6 unless you have 70 or more magery, in which case it is also capped at 2/6. Necro is capped at 2/6, spellweaving and ninjitsu are capped at 4/6.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aagghh. Ok, I misread Lynk's Dec 08 post and thought it said 4/6 casting for magery spells at less than 70 magery. I see now that was only referring to 4/6 Chiv spells.

Back to the drawing board on a few templates...

-OBSIDIAN-

G

Gellor

Bringing this up from the grave for an added related question:
Does magery above 70 cap NINJA casting speed to 2/6?

I recall ninja being similar to chiv that it is capped at 4/6. But don't recall if magery effected it also.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Bringing this up from the grave for an added related question:
Does magery above 70 cap NINJA casting speed to 2/6?

I recall ninja being similar to chiv that it is capped at 4/6. But don't recall if magery effected it also.
Unless there was some hidden change I am not aware of then only chiv is capped from having more than 70 magery, but then I hardly notice a real difference in fc when using ninja anyway.

G

Gellor

Cloak‡1337412 said:
Unless there was some hidden change I am not aware of then only chiv is capped from having more than 70 magery, but then I hardly notice a real difference in fc when using ninja anyway.
The chiv cap is what I'm hoping for. And unless another hidden change went into effect, I noticed a HUGE change from fc2 to fc4 with ninja while doing forms:thumbsup:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chiv cap is what I'm hoping for. And unless another hidden change went into effect, I noticed a HUGE change from fc2 to fc4 with ninja while doing forms:thumbsup:
You aren't really gaining much advantage while running a stealth ninja minus using any weaponry anyhow. Main thing is to employ the ninja tactics and it just isn't giving you the same advantage that chivalry can (at least not in the same manner). Stealth to get in and out of tight areas, mirror image and animal forms as needed. Shuriken, smoke bombs, etc. are some other useages...for what those are worth on a mage.

G

Gellor

You aren't really gaining much advantage while running a stealth ninja minus using any weaponry anyhow. Main thing is to employ the ninja tactics and it just isn't giving you the same advantage that chivalry can (at least not in the same manner). Stealth to get in and out of tight areas, mirror image and animal forms as needed. Shuriken, smoke bombs, etc. are some other useages...for what those are worth on a mage.
If this was an offensive mage, I'd agree but this template is going odd and fast ninja casting would be a benefit if it worked. I don't want to spend 10s of millions on equipment only to find it didn't work ;)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this was an offensive mage, I'd agree but this template is going odd and fast ninja casting would be a benefit if it worked. I don't want to spend 10s of millions on equipment only to find it didn't work ;)
I can understand that. I don't find having ninja incorporated into a mage template though to be a "pure" mage if you will. Just my take on that perhaps.

G

Gellor

I can understand that. I don't find having ninja incorporated into a mage template though to be a "pure" mage if you will. Just my take on that perhaps.
100% agree there.

The guy in question is a faction thief-remove trap-detector:coco: I was wondering if I could run "high" mage to cast reveal:thumbsup: