• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is Christmas??

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somebody please explain this holiday to me. Every year the realm is overtaken by sparkling lights and the citizens start behaving more strangely than usual, but nobody has ever been able to illuminate for me why this happens or what should be done about it. Please understand that I am from Umbra, where festivity is forbidden because it makes the liches too excited and then they start killing people. Some key questions:

1) Who or what is Santa Claus? As I understand it, he is a fat man who breaks into people's houses through their chimneys and leaves them gifts. Why does he do this? What are his motivations?

2) What is the significance of the tree?

3) What is a Krampus? There seems to be some link between Krampus and Santa Claus. Is a Krampus an evil Santa Claus? I find the original unsettling enough without the prospect of an evil version roaming the land.

4) Where does Jesus fit into all of this? My understanding is that he is the son of a human woman and a divine entity. Is Santa Claus the father of Jesus??

5) Are Christmas elves related to Heartwood elves, or are they two different species?

Any assistance on this matter is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Somebody please explain this holiday to me. Every year the realm is overtaken by sparkling lights and the citizens start behaving more strangely than usual, but nobody has ever been able to illuminate for me why this happens or what should be done about it. Please understand that I am from Umbra, where festivity is forbidden because it makes the liches too excited and then they start killing people. Some key questions:

1) Who or what is Santa Claus? As I understand it, he is a fat man who breaks into people's houses through their chimneys and leaves them gifts. Why does he do this? What are his motivations?

2) What is the significance of the tree?

3) What is a Krampus? There seems to be some link between Krampus and Santa Claus. Is a Krampus an evil Santa Claus? I find the original unsettling enough without the prospect of an evil version roaming the land.

4) Where does Jesus fit into all of this? My understanding is that he is the son of a human woman and a divine entity. Is Santa Claus the father of Jesus??

5) Are Christmas elves related to Heartwood elves, or are they two different species?

Any assistance on this matter is much appreciated.
If you had a German mother who told you Krampus would put you in a sack and throw you into the Rhine you'd know

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s about giving not taking
No blood for you only candy and life