• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] What is best to imbue on an old school 20% dmg exceptional quality Bow?

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was told it can be imbued with max 70% dmg, 30 SSI, 50% lightning, 50% HSL. Is that so?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DI only goes to 50.

everything you state is 450 total intensity.. it should fit on any bow.. even new ones.

you can even add one more thing... Lowering the DI to 10, you can add HLD 50.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hes on about an "old" exceptional bow and them wepons can go to 70DI, i have a few wepons like that with 70 DI on them.

Thunderz

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
DI only goes to 50.

everything you state is 450 total intensity.. it should fit on any bow.. even new ones.

you can even add one more thing... Lowering the DI to 10, you can add HLD 50.
aarons6:

Some of the pre-AoS (and early AoS) stuff is a bit odd, and treat some of the properties as not the current version. The DI in this instance is one of those.

This is similar to how the planesword could be imbued with additional properties with one of its existing properties not counting.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the pre-AoS (and early AoS) stuff is a bit odd, and treat some of the properties as not the current version. The DI in this instance is one of those.

How different if I may ask ?

I may have some stuff that is pre-AOS laying around in bank boxes, need to check.
If I found anything and tried to imbue what should I expect, exactly ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just going by reports of others - not had the items to experiment with.

Some of the properties - especially DI from before it was raised to 35% for exceptional, can act differently. I've seen a couple of the resulting DI weapons, but not actually made any.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a wepon has "exceptional" in the title [i.e. in yellow writing] and has 20% DI then that DI is not counted when it comes to imbuing.

So when you use the imbuing skill on it it wont register the 20%DI as a property or weight so you can still add 5 properties and have 20%DI making it 6 or imbue DI and have 70% on it.

Thunderz

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a wepon has "exceptional" in the title [i.e. in yellow writing] and has 20% DI then that DI is not counted when it comes to imbuing.

So when you use the imbuing skill on it it wont register the 20%DI as a property or weight so you can still add 5 properties and have 20%DI making it 6 or imbue DI and have 70% on it.

Thunderz
These enhance right? Add 5 properties and then enhance with Yew to get a 7 property bow that includes 30 DI or enhance it to 80 DI. I think a few years ago I unloaded 1000 bows I had collected at the luna bank due to low housing space and many were this type. If I had only known...

-Lorax

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thunderz

Thanks for the information.

I wonder though, whether the game will actually see the 20% DI on the weapon and take it into account for the combat calculations or whether it will only stay as some displayed text with no real combat value.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information.

I wonder though, whether the game will actually see the 20% DI on the weapon and take it into account for the combat calculations or whether it will only stay as some displayed text with no real combat value.
concidering the linit is 300% DI which is easy to reach they really offer no benifit when it actually comes to building a suite and wepons, see the many postss in threads about being able to hit max EVERYTHING now we have imbuing, and even cheeper with the new tool.

Thunderz