• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is a good suit for taming a Greater Dragon ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, I have been trying to tame a Greater Dragon but god killed in 1 fireball.......

I guess that taming these beasts needs a good preparation.......

Do I need a 70 Fire Resistance suit as sufficient ?

Or do I need to be carefull about other things as well to make taming this beast less an insurance disaster ?

I tried looking at the sticky guides but could not find any really specific informations making it easier to tame Greater Dragons.

Can anyone please get into details as to what suit is best and what tactics easier to get these tamed ?

Thanks.

R

RichDC

I use my luck suit with mid 30 resists across the board.

However, i rarely die.

Reason being i barely ever get hit. I use Spellweaving Etheral voyage and honour to tame.

If you really want to try to tame them without these 2 then you will need 70phys and 70 fire, even then you will be hit for 80's by the firebreath and around 40 per melee hit. Best tactic would be to attempt to beat one down to next to 0 life, stable whatever pet you used and come back to tame. Problem with that is the drag will heal itself and naturaly regen hp.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my luck suit with mid 30 resists across the board.

However, i rarely die.

Reason being i barely ever get hit. I use Spellweaving Etheral voyage and honour to tame.

May I ask why you use both ?

I mean, doesn't honor already pacify the beast for quite some time ? Why also the need for Ethereal Voyage which, besides, lasts only a few seconds ?

What circle are you with when you usually tame Greater Dragons ?

By the way, in regards to the suit fire and physical would be enough or I would need also 70 energy to protect against spells' damage ?

R

RichDC

I use a level 5 90%of the time, occasionaly level 6 focus.
I use both because you will rarely succeed in the time of either one, so, start with etheral voayage(keeping an eye on the lime) then seconds before it drops you honour yourself and continue.

If you fail in the about 7mins of taming then you have to wait 5mins to try again. Long but effective.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a level 5 90%of the time, occasionaly level 6 focus.
I use both because you will rarely succeed in the time of either one, so, start with etheral voayage(keeping an eye on the lime) then seconds before it drops you honour yourself and continue.

If you fail in the about 7mins of taming then you have to wait 5mins to try again. Long but effective.

Level 5 circle 90%of the time ?

How can you find so many other spellweavers on your shard so often ?

I barely find anyone when I need it........

R

RichDC

Well i play on possibly the second most active shard in the 5th biggest guild in game(biggest on shard).

Were pretty much solely PvM so theres alot of SWers around