• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if faction players could personally bless items based on rank?

G

I have been reviewing the old factions documentation to brush up for the upcoming event I am putting together. Just for fun I looked at the crafting section even though no one would probably do any crafting. Back before AOS you could make temporarily blessed items. The amount you could wear was based on your faction rank as follows:

# Rank 1: 4 items
# Rank 2: 4 items
# Rank 3: 4 items
# Rank 4: 5 items
# Rank 5: 5 items
# Rank 6: 5 items
# Rank 7: 6 items
# Rank 8: 6 items
# Rank 9: 7 items
# Rank 10: 8 items
# Commander: 9 items

Then I suddenly got the idea of personally blessing. What if a similar table was applied to the number of items you could personally bless for your character? It would certainly be a reward for participating in factions.

I

imported_Tina Small

JC, for me it wouldn't be much of an incentive. I rarely ever use blessed items, I thought insurance costs from dying to a faction enemy are less than normal anyway, and most of my faction characters are thief types that I don't ever expect to have much rank. LOL

Oh well. This might be a good incentive, though, for people who are accustomed to wearing lots of blessed items. Curious to see what people playing on Siege think of it.

G

Well if you used your faction character to PvM you would be save ~5000 gold every time you died.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Well if you used your faction character to PvM you would be save ~5000 gold every time you died.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if I used my thief/trap remover to PvM, she probably would die a lot and boy I would save a lot of gold with the 3-4 blessed items her lofty rank would enable her to have.

Seriously, JC, it's not a bad idea, it just doesn't do anything for me personally.

I

imported_Cardell

ehh, factioneers already pay less for insurance..

G

Just don't implement this idea on siege. We just got rid of a lot of blessed crap and don't want any more.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

Just don't implement this idea on siege. We just got rid of a lot of blessed crap and don't want any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about it, this is the factions man,, the whole system has been shelved for the last 6 years and they aren't probably wont ever look at the system again until they completely remove it. Whenever that is..